5.0 out of 5 stars Counterstrike Tack Driver
I ordered the Redfield Counterstrike because I have two of Redfield's scopes and their clarity and construction is outstanding.. and from Leupold in Oregon.
It took 3 rounds to sight in a new M4. @ 100yds.
The front laser was aligned with the green dot @50 yes and I was able to fire 5 rds within 1moa. Enough said, Except, lifetime warranty .
Published 16 months ago by Douglas C. Campbell

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I got a bad one...
Let me start by saying I love Leupold and own two of their rangefinders which are the best. I expected somewhat similar quality because they own Redfield. I was pretty underwhelmed by this sight - and I really wanted to love it.
Published 13 months ago by surfsail50

5.0 out of 5 stars Counterstrike Tack Driver, August 18, 2013
This review is from: Redfield 117850 Counterstrike Red and Green Dot Sight with 4-MOA Aiming Point and (11) Brightness Levels, Black Matte Finish (Sports)
It took 3 rounds to sight in a new M4. @ 100yds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Revelation, August 30, 2013
After I bought my AR I put some Troy Battle Sights on it always intending that these iron sights would be for backup only if I was in the field and my main sight battery died. I then began the long treck down the road of evaluating and investigating the many sighting systems one can buy for these rifles. When I had finally thought I had made a choice I went on down to my local Big Box fishing/hunting/sporting goods store to make my purchase. While I was there I happened to see another gentleman select the Redfield Counterstrike. I then quizzed him as to why he made that selection. He said he liked the fact that it had a choice between a red or a green dot. Next he wanted an integral laser in the sight as well and he needed a sight that would see over the top of his iron sights so he could keep them mounted as well (the light bulb turned on as I wanted my iron sights to stay mounted while using the Red Dot scope). I was immediately "wowed" as I had never seen a choice that included a laser sight. I held the sight in the store for quite some time evaluating how fast I could acquire a target (very important feature)and the ability to look through the sight with both eyes open always observing my world around me and not just my target. I was truly amazed as I thought I would have to close one eye always looking through the barrel of the sight when in fact the opposite was true. When looking at the "dot" through the scope with both eyes wide open at arm's length away from my head I picked up the dot quickly as I changed my target rapidly through the store each time getting "on target" fast. I went from mannequins to taxidermied wild life to real human targets walking around in the store acquiring them quickly (the sight was hand held, no rifle in my hands of course). I needed live targets moving as this is what we really see when hunting in the field or in a self-defense situation. Not only could I acquire targets quickly but as I followed the dot around my mind completely blocked out the rest of the sight, the barrel, and any other part of it. I could plainly see the dot as if the sight itself was not even there. Some will say one of the red or green dots is fuzzy while the other is clear. I found this easily correctable with the brightness setting on each. The lenses are coated to prevent light from reflecting off of them in the field giving away your position in concealment. Another thing I liked was how easy installation and removal was accomplished as there is only one "hand-screw" holding the clamp on the rail rather large in size in a sort of "hex" design making it easy to turn and get it tight with no tools required. This is important to me because if the battery died or the sight malfunctioned it could easily be removed in the field with the turn of one fastener by hand and I would have my battle sights still installed, sighted in and ready to go. The sight is built up on its mount high so that when I install the sight on my "SRC" Windham (flat top) and with the battle sights folded down, I see right over the top of my iron sights with no interference from them what so ever. Even though the laser that is integrated into the sight sits very low on the front, it still projects over my folded iron sights with no problem. This is a very solidly built sight, looks and feels very durable and it has flip-up dust covers to protect the lenses front and back. Another big seller. On the range the sight performed every bit as good as the unit itself sounds in this review. You can turn the adjustments and see the red/green dot or the laser move as you adjust it and the movement is solid and sure, not shaky and flighty jumping all over the place. The darn thing sits absolutely still. How awesome is that? I was sighted in at 50 yards with a 1 inch group with about 6 rounds of ammo. With 1/2 MOA adjustments, you can tune this thing in fast! To sight in the laser it was a simple matter of sitting in my home and looking end to end on the first floor of my home (25 yds) through doorways with the lights out at the far end and I simply looked through the sight at the red dot (both eyes open) and turned the laser adjustments until the laser dot over-laid on top of the red dot. Took 5 minutes. And very last but certainly not least, Redfield is manufactured by Leupold! How can one possibly go wrong with that kind of background and experience in making rifle scopes and sights. This is truly "Thee" sight to have on your AR and I will never stop talking about it to every person I know who enjoys the sport of shooting, especially those looking for good tactical gear. Best of all you get all this for just a little over $150.00 I "was" headed to pick up one of those $600 holographic sights and after inspecting the Counterstrike, I became quickly convinced that the holographic sight was way over priced with much less value and functionality for the money. Thank You Redfield!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, especially for the money, June 4, 2013
I bought this scope due to its ability to switch from red dot to green dot. Red dots appear fuzzy to me, but the green is excellent. The scope appears to be solid, did not feel cheap at all. It was simple to mount. I was able to zero it quickly and easily. The control have a positive feel to them and are easily used. The one and only thing that stands out to me is the fact that the laser sits so close to the rail, it will not clear any folding front sight that is mounted. For myself, I am good with that as I did not buy it for the laser capability but for the green dot.

Given that one limitation with the laser, I would recommend this scope to anyone who wants a well made dot scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Red/Green dot Scope with a Red Laser, June 13, 2013
This combo is great for an optics ready carbine (ORC) like mine.
A big plus to me is the laser mounted low, close to the bore centerline.
The Green Dot makes for great contrast to the Red Laser through the scope also.
Great for a 50 yard zero for CQB. Quick target acquisition for up close and personal.
Some people complain you can't use it with fold down sights or a A-2 post sight.
Well, it's not designed for that actually if you read the specs.
It can't beat for the price either. I was really surprised, It's a solid and well built piece.
For those of you with the correct rifle it's a no brainer.
I would recommend this to everyone whose needs it fits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality instrument!, July 6, 2013
I quickly sighted the scope in due in part to its' ease of use. When mounted, it maintains its' adjustment. As a back up, I installed flip up sights and had to remove the Redfield to sight them in. Once finished I put the Redfield back on the rifle and fired more rounds with exactly the same placement on the target, I'm impressed and highly recommend this scope. It's a red dot, green dot and a laser designator, great combo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, March 2, 2014
The laser is good for about 25 yards in daylight and the sight is deadly accurate at 50 yards. I didn't try it out any further than that yet. Overall, I am very happy. The price and quality are good. I highly recommend this to anyone that has a 0.223 to 0.308 caliber rifle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I got a bad one..., November 7, 2013
First off it arrived with a broken tether on the windage cap. Second the dot on mine was really fuzzy, mostly just a smudge - I had this verified by 3 other people so it's not just me.
The laser is fine but the adjustments are kinda weird, you have to loosen a tiny grub screw and then rotate a big knob and then hold the knob while tightening the grub screw. Remember I said big knob, well that moves a tiny bit while trying to tighten the grub screw and the laser moves a lot. It was not easy to sight in but stayed zero'ed after that.
The green/red dot is a great idea but as I said mine was not sharp and I'm pretty tight at shooting so I was not impressed. I returned it after 2 weeks and about 200 rounds. It was mounted on a Stag Model 3 and I shot 5.56 NATO and also a bunch of .22LR with the Stag .22LR Bolt Carrier. I might have got a crappy one because I was sold on it by all the positive reviews - but I now wonder if those reviews are really accurate...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product.., September 16, 2013
Took product out of box and it was very well made. Bought Redfield since I had great luck with their other products. Mounted scope on gun, snugged it down with one wrench and fired first shot from 40 yards and it was 1/4" off. couple turns of the adjustment knob and was grouping inside a quarter at 40 yards. laser was a little off at first but lined it up with my red dot and both are dead on within 50 yards. Love the scope. Laser works great since I do not have any other sights on my gun. Installed on my Windham Ar 15- 223.

5.0 out of 5 stars Counterstrike, January 23, 2014
I have 2 of these scope for my sig716 and sig 516 AR. I use UTG magnifier on my AR-10, and I also have UTG 3 slot riser for the laser to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite for the price. ., November 28, 2013
Best sight for the money. .Goes on easy and sights in within 10-15 rds. Took it off and put it back on. .stayed perfectly on zero.