5.0 out of 5 stars Not to bad. Great for the price.
Published 13 months ago by Joshua

1.0 out of 5 stars Redpepper iphone waterproof case
Published 16 months ago by mama bear

1.0 out of 5 stars Redpepper iphone waterproof case, August 1, 2013
I would have given them zero stars, but it wasn't an option! You know the saying, "you get what you pay for"? Well its true in this case (or cases)! I bought three waterproof cases from redpepper and they are all total junk. Online they look the same as lifeproof (which I had and loved), I just wanted a new color and got them for the kids too cause they were cheap. All three leaked water after puttting the phones in them, all three had non working mute buttons (on the side), and all three had big problems with sounding very muffled. I'm so sorry I wasted my money, please don't waste yours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to bad. Great for the price., October 27, 2013
When I first tried this product out I was a little effy because of the reviews I read on here. Right away as soon as I put it in the case I thought, "Dangit everyone was right 1)No mute button 2)Too snug a fit 3)cheap plastic.....But when I took it out and removed the headphone screw on thingy and installed the phone mute button first, then everything worked. Just like a lifeproof. I would recomend this product to anyone with short pockets.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap protection, May 23, 2014
Cheap is not better. I didn't want to pay for a lifeproof but they are well worth having your phone work correctly. The side buttons don't work well, the doesn't turn down the screen in phone call so every time you make a call the speaker, mute or FaceTime attempts to help out while the call is in progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kinda rough, but there's workarounds, thus the price can't be beat., August 9, 2014
For the extremely low price of this case, it's great. There's no reason to expect a 5 star, top of the line case for this meager price. I managed to work around the kinks.

The run-down of this case:

1 - I water-tested the case as directed in the instructions. That works great. Absolutely perfectly.
2 - I found it hard to type at first when the phone was installed into the case. To get the phone to recognize my fingers, I had to press a bit harder than usual. I put up with it for a while, until finally, i took a dry cloth screen wipe, cut it in half, and folded it. I placed it just the below the little window for the Apple logo at the back of the case, and re-attached the cover. Now I can type on the keyboard as normal. This may or may not affect the camera on the back of the phone negatively, as the lens is now set a tad further in. Haven't tested that yet.
3 - The side switch doesn't work at all with the mechanism installed. I would switch the phone to mute, and the small internal mechanism would just switch it right back on again. I worked around this by enabling assistive touch on my iPhone, so that I can tap the home button three times and access phone functions like mute/unmute.

I got this for $10 bucks. For enabling me to protect my phone from the elements, and saving $40, I'd say that's worth a 5 start rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars great item Redpepper iphone5 case, August 19, 2013
Shipping was a bit slow.... But the case is wonderful. It fits like a glove. It is water proof and looks great. Sounds great during calls.... Installation should be done at a slow pace for a perfect fit:-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, October 1, 2014
Bought a RedPepper case for my granddaughter's birthday. She dropped it twice and each time it broke in different places. I contacted RedPepper on their website and have not received a response. I would not recommend buying a RedPepper case given the quality and the lack of company support.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof., August 26, 2014
Not waterproof. Did the test they recommended 3 times. Each time there was water in the case. Not worth the money. Lesson learned.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is like an unmovable hard plastic button that is not meant ..., October 22, 2014
RED PEPPER iphone 4s case VERY UNUSABLE. Bought this case since I kept breaking screens. Cant use the mute/ringer button at all. It is like an unmovable hard plastic button that is not meant to ever do anything. Very poor product. Not game to test in water if the ringer button won't even work. Very, very hard to get in and out of case. Volume buttons very difficult to use for female with nails - BUT they do work at least. Cant turn OFF/ON on top rhs either - just won't budge at all; same problem as mute button. Hate this case. It was installed by IT Caloundra (professionals) so they can't blame me this time. Its going back tomorrow and I will never purchase again. I don't know if it would protect my screen/s but its useless if I can't use the phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars I ONLY SUBMERGED THE TOP HALF TO HAVE GOOD AUDIO. GONE TO THE APPLE STORE, November 2, 2014
THIS PRODUCT IS A FAILURE IN EVERY SENCE!! I BOUGHT IT IN JULY 2014 3 1/2 MONTHS AGO. SAME TIME AS MY IPHONE5S.
FIRST THE FINGER PRINT ID DOES NOT WORK.
SECOND AND MOSTLY, I TOOK A VIDEO OF MY SON IN THE POOL, YESTERDAY WITHIN 8 SECONDS MY NEW IPHONE 5S GOT DESTROYED. I ONLY SUBMERGED THE TOP HALF TO HAVE GOOD AUDIO. GONE TO THE APPLE STORE, THEY OPENED IT AND IT WAS "FULL OF WATER". TURNS OUT THE CAUSE IS THE PLASTIC COVER GOT SEPARATED FROM THE FRAME ON THE TOP PORTION.
EMAILED RED PEPPER THEIR RESPONCE (TWICE): "SORRY NOTHING WE CAN DO" DON'T BUY IT GET AN LIFE PROOF

1.0 out of 5 stars I.Hate.It, October 19, 2014
First of all, it was hard for me to even put this thing onc you have to push it really hard. Second of all, it makes your sound all weird when you play some music or something on your phone. And third of all, it's stuck on my phone right now since I can't get it off! I didn't even plan to buy this product, it switched a different brand to this!