Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

on November 28, 2013
I brought this mouse as a replacement to my old Razer which was on its last leg. What stopped me from getting another Razer was the fact that the new model is not as natural and comfortable as the old models. So I decided to give this a try, I was a bit skeptical at first because I have never heard of this brand. But the features and price got me curious.

Shipping was very fast. At first glance the mouse looked quite different than my old mouse. Despite the size/mass it has a very smooth and light feel to it, without feeling flimsy. It feels great in the hand which is one of the most important parts!

The side buttons take some time getting used to, as I imagine they do on any MMO-Gaming Mouse. It took few hours to fully adjust to the new buttons. After the learning curve was over I started to love the buttons. The contour of the buttons made it easy to figure out where my thumb was on the pad. The additional programmable keys on and below the scroll wheel proved to be very helpful in some games.

The LED light and the weight tuning is an added bonus.

The programming is a bit complicated at first, but once I figured it out it was a piece of cake.

Overall, I like this mouse. It works amazingly well for MMO's. I've played few games like Guild Wars 2, League of Legends, TERA, and a few others and this worked perfectly for all of them. Definitely worth the money!
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 11, 2014
I've had the Redragon Perdition for a couple of weeks so I thought it was time to write something since it appears to be a new offering on the market.

= CONS =

* As others have mentioned, the back column of buttons (7, 8, 9) is awkward to reach.
* There is no left or right tilt function to the scroll wheel. That doesn't bother me, but Scroll Up and Scroll Down aren't programmable, and I wish they were. (I use Combat Mod 1.1 to rebind them in Guild Wars 2.)
* You also can't program the mouse to do an infinite loop, like hold down right-click until you tell it to stop.
* The red index finger button is mainly why I took a chance on the Perdition and not the Logitech G600, but unfortunately, it doesn't function like the G600's G-shift button. It's essentially a second left-click, that's it. EDIT: PLEASE READ COMMENTS BELOW.
* It would be nice if the center row of buttons (2, 5, 8, 11) were slightly higher than the other rows or had raised dots on them for a little extra help in telling where my thumb is located.
* The side buttons feel mushy and are quiet, much like the Logitech G600. The Razer Naga's buttons are wonderfully clicky, but I value the canted button style of the G600 and Redragon Perdition more.
* The scroll wheel light is assigned according to DPI sensitivity rather than profile like the rest of the lights on the mouse, so you may end up with mismatching lights.
* When I tried to download the driver software from Redragon's site (because my CD/DVD drive is broken), Google Chrome warned me it was malware. I used Firefox to download it, and ran scans via MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, and Spybot Search and Destroy. The scans all came back clean, so I installed it.

= PROS =

* The mouse has a good, solid build and feel; the textured body is comfortable to grip for my small female hands. It even has a sturdy braided cord. Fit and finish are excellent.
* Pretty LED lights. They are quite pretty, and I like their "breathing" effect on the dragon logo and side keys. It is visually a very nice mouse.
* Index finger button. Even if it doesn't function like Logitech's G-shiift button, it's in a better location in my opinion. (And maybe Redragon will extend the functionality of their software one day. One can hope.)
* Aside from the awkward location of the side buttons' back column, everything is easy to reach. The top buttons have a decently defined clicky feel.
* You can set polling rates to 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, and 1000Hz.
* You can have up to five profiles.
* DPI settings available are: 1000 (orange scroll wheel light), 2000 (green), 4000 (blue), 8200 (lavender), and 16400 (red).
* Tuning weights are packed inside the mouse when you receive it. I leave all of them in the mouse, since I don't lift the mouse to adjust the pointer often. Weights give the mouse a solid feel.
* The Redragon Perdition's software interface is clean and simple to use. It only took me a few minutes to get rolling. Impressive, as I was a tad apprehensive about what I'd face from a new brand.

= OVERALL =

The Logitech G600 is far more programmable, and the Razer Naga has clickier buttons, but the Redragon Perdition is a solid contender and stands up well against both of them. I'd recommend anyone with small-medium sized hands who can live with five profiles and 16 programmable buttons (since left and right click are so basic, reprogramming them may not ever be an option) take a look at this mouse.

---
UPDATE AUGUST 30, 2014:

I've gotten used to playing Guild Wars 2 with this mouse and am still happy with its build and performance. An MMO mouse really makes click-happy professions like elementalist and ranger so much easier to play.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 6, 2014
EDIT to add: DPI is NOT, I repeat, NOT tied to certain LED colors. Adjusting profiles in the software allows you to customize all the LEDs at any DPI.

I took a chance with a mouse from a brand that I'm unfamiliar with and seems fairly new and I've got to say... I'm not at all disappointed. Very pleased with this mouse. I'm comparing it to a Razer Naga, which I used for a year before buying this mouse.

Pros:
- The mass can be adjusted easily.
- The texture of the mouse is amazing in my opinion. Easy to grip and it stays clean longer.
- I find it to be ergonomic to a degree that exceeds the Naga. It fits my hand better.
- The contours of the side buttons are incredible and far easier to differentiate, opposed to the Naga.
- Customization of LEDs in the mouse is AMAZING. Any color you want.
- Red and black braided USB cable.

Cons:
- On immediate glance, it looks of lower quality than a Razer mouse. I've found this not to be the case.
- If packaging is important to you, this mouse does not deliver compared to Razer products.

At half the price of a Razer mouse and at LEAST equal quality, this mouse is an amazing buy. Give it a shot.
on February 9, 2014
I bought this after my MadCatz RAT5 died within 5 months. I was not going to pay another $80 for a mouse. Plus I wanted more buttons for gaming. This mouse fit my needs. All the buttons are completely programmable. The included software allows you to program macros into each button. Very complex macros too if that is what you need. Otherwise just a simple key will do.

The LED color is also programmable and changes when you change the DPI. It also glows.

I found the higher DPI settings to be too fast and sensitive. You simply need to decide which setting works best for you. At least you have the option!

The mouse fits my hand well. The side buttons are small so it will take some time to get accustomed to your thumb. They are canted though, which helps tell the difference. The mouse is not glossy, which helps with slipping. It has a rough texture to it. You can get a firm grip.

The cord is long and high quality, with a rope(shoe lace) like covering. The weight can be adjusted by opening the round door on the under side. There are weights inside that you can remove or add to your comfort. Don't panic when you see the weight case is empty. They are inside the mouse already

Overall, this is a good gaming mouse at a reasonable price. Don't waste your money on more expensive brands. You're only paying for a name.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 4, 2015
I purchased this mouse based on all the reviews and I was interested in picking up a MMO mouse. Once it arrived I was surprised by what was the initial quality of the mouse. The USB cord was braided and extremely sturdy, the mouse came with weights and had a good feel, and the buttons all worked perfectly. Do to circumstances with work and studying, I had to put down retire the MMO's that I was playing temporarily but still continued to use the mouse for every day function until the beginning of February. Around three days after the standard return policy from Amazon passed the main left mouse button breaks, the button came completely off and there's no putting it back on. So in 2 months of having the mouse and only basic computer use the primary mouse button just falls off, so much for quality. I guess there was a reason it was cheaper then the competition, it's unfortunate as I really did enjoy it before it just fell apart.

Pro's: It was nice out of the box ( which I threw away and I never do)

Con's: I've never had a primary mouse button ( or any mouse button for that matter ) just fall off after 2 months of usage.
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 16, 2014
So my Razer Naga died a spectacular death on raid night of all nights and I couldn't find a replacement in town. I came here to get a new one and nearly ordered the Logitech mmo mouse but saw this one and decided to take a chance on this one. Truth be told, I was kind of afraid at first - it is a gaming mouse made in China to compete with Razer and Logitech from a company I've never heard of.

Its a beautiful little mouse for the price. The Perdition has a nice feel to it. The weights came in my mouse and I haven't removed any as I like it to have a bit of weight so it doesn't go sailing off my desk (the teflon pads are really slippery) and the mouse itself has a nice pebbled coating that just feels nice. The DPI is extremely easy to turn up and down (16400 is kind of high - a slight twitch will send it flying - but you can change it from the mouse itself so its really simple to play with. To be honest, this mouse arrived 5 minutes before the start of my second raid in WoW. I installed the software off of Redragon's site and I plugged this mouse in and it just worked off the jump. I had to remap the 11 and 12 buttons to work with - and = but it had no issues. Its smooth and precise, its comfortable to hold, the lights aren't obnoxious and don't get hot to the touch. The buttons on the side are curved and it took a little practice to master but after an hour or so it felt really natural. The instructions claim the mouse might not be as responsive on a dark surface but I am using it on a black Rocketfish gaming pad with no problems. I don't seem to have the scroll wheel issues other people are commenting about. The scroll wheel feels about the same as my Naga did. A little clicky in a purely tactile sense that feels way smoother than I expected it would given the reviews.

Overall I think this mouse is great - especially given that its cheaper than the other leading MMO mice. Its quality made, doesn't suffer the issues with static that my Naga did and I seriously plugged and played with it. I only opened the software after I had it plugged in and had been playing with it a bit because the - and = buttons weren't mapped. I intend to purchase another one to have as a backup and will definitely be using this mouse for a long time.
on November 11, 2014
This is an excellent mouse, one of the best ones ive owned since my old Logitec G500 weighted mouse.
and a great alternative to the more expensive mouses like the Razor naga's, While the button placements
are alittle bizzare feeling and i sometimes press it when moving the mouse REALLY sharply during intense
gameplay it performs extremly well.

I took some time to find a proper hand placement where it would not trigger my Carpal tunnel syndrome pain
but once i found nice hand placement it was all good and i could enjoy the mouse, a Very good replacement
to the Steel series COD Black ops II mouse that i had.

Pro:
Fast and very accurate
Tons of buttons and a Excellent Control program for setting buttons and multiple profiles
STURDY a VERY big plus, does not feel cheaply made
Braided cord will not break easily under tons of use and movement.
Everything is programmable and macroable
On the fly DPI Speed change with wheel color led change signals
Colorfull changable led
Interchangeable weights

Cons:
Large mouse people with small hands might have issues ( none for me due to large hands)
No Advance macro scripting ( very few mice have this option anyways, best stick with a programmable pad for that like G13 scripting)
Unable to turn off -ALL- lights, Wheel mouse lights do not turn off when you shut off the lights for the rest of the mouse
which can interfere with sleep.
Shape takes alittle time to get used to as it snugs 3 fingers to it, Shape can agravate Carpal tunnel syndrome folks untill fingers can find a position to be comfortable
Thumb buttons can be accidently pressed during heavy game play if playing high action mmo , Adventure or Shooters

Afterthoughts:
i Will check out more products from this company line, So far so good on this i enjoy it alot i do hope the company comes out with a similar alternatives to things like the logitech g13/19 as id definatly be in to purchasing one of those.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 22, 2015
I originally wrote a mostly negative review. I want to thank ChallengerUSA for it's stellar customer service. The white one I received had strange issues (pointer would start jittering and moving by itself randomly, the pointer wasn't precise at all, etc.) So I sent it back for a full and prompt refund. After receiving my refund ChallengerUSA contacted me offering to send me another mouse completely free of charge just to make up for my trouble. I even requested that they send a black one instead of a white one (I have a monkey that found my white mouse way too attractive) and they gladly did and shipped it in 2 days (arrived on a Sunday).

I was not expecting the white and black versions to be physically different. Turns out that the black one has nicely textured matte finish whereas the white one is made of slippery cheap-feeling plastic. The black one is much easier to hold onto due to the texturing plus the material is heavier (a GOOD thing) than that of the white one which felt like a paper airplane even with the weights installed. In fact, it seems slightly bigger including the side buttons. I notice that the side buttons on the black mouse are a bit wider whereas the white mouse's side buttons are a bit narrower and "taller". Makes a world of difference.

What's true about both versions: The side buttons have the perfect amount of pressure, every button is programmable, software lets you program anything you could want with this mouse. I can't emphasize enough the potential amount of control this software can give you. The cord is one of the best I've ever seen. My G700's cord was easily damaged being pinched between my desk and slide out tray leading to connection problems. Good thing the expensive G700 is also wireless (wish the Perdition was).

On the white mouse the right click button occasionally would catch on my finger resting on the right side of the mouse and pop "loose" from the mouse; luckily it didn't break off the 3 times I had to press it back in. Apparently, the top left and right click buttons on the black one are more flush with the housing and there is zero chance of this happening with it! :) The construction quality of the black version shines.

Edit: Just happened 10 minutes ago. I left the room for about a minute and when I came back my squirrel monkey had BROKEN the left click button completely off (just ripped right through the plastic)! Totally my own fault for not sticking it in the cabinet before leaving the room. They bent over backwards to do something nice for me and I let this happen. I feel so mad at myself right now.

If only Redragon had the same level of customer service as ChallengerUSA let alone a complete website (missing info, links that go NOWHERE--very amateurish). I almost bought the Asura K501 gaming keyboard but some reviewers didn't even receive their software CD required to utilize the macro keys. Redragon doesn't even offer software for their keyboards on their website. In fact, they only have one keyboard in their product listing! So far they haven't responded to my inquiry about that. So I'm hesitating on taking the chance. Luckily they do provide the software for their gaming mice which is stellar.
review image review image
on May 12, 2014
Keep in mind, I rated this 2 stars based on the things I value in a mouse.

The things I wanted: 1: A mouse that can track as well as a Razer Abyssus or even Death Adder while supplying me with the features of a MMO mouse with programmable buttons. 2: A mouse that glides easy.

Conclusion based on the things I want: You get the features, but not tracking or smoothness. I'm using a Steelseries QCK pad, which could be a problem, but I ultimately found that the Perdition has inconsistent tracking that's jittery and has lag spikes even at 500 DPI. I found a way around this by turning up the DPI to 8,200, then lowering the cursor speed in the software settings, which made the tracking about as smooth as something between my Razer Abyssus and a standard mouse, though it still seemed inconsistent and suffered from lag spikes wherein the cursor would seem to slightly jitter/drag every 30 seconds or so.

I don't currently play any MMORPGs, but was considering trying RIFT because a friend said it's fun. I do, however, play FPS games like CSS and TF2 and Minecraft 5-15 hours a week, along with the occasional RPG like Skyrim. Though I play mostly casually, I've been really competitive in the past playing FPS games and MOBAs and when I do play them now I still strive to perform well. Sadly, this mouse isn't comparable to my Razer Abyssus or old Death Adder as far as tracking/precision goes. It has tracking only slightly better than a standard mouse you'd buy at Wal-Mart for 15USD. If you only play MMOs or Minecraft and want features in a mouse than functions as well as a standard mouse, then this is a good buy, admitted.

Pros: Though I never got used to the shape of the mouse, it's really comfy and the texture of the material is very nice. It feels like a forgiving plastic sandpaper, which I loved. The buttons on the left side are a little smallish, but feel really solid and of quality.

The red button on top I like, but it's a little too high in my opinion.

The scroll wheel feels really nice. It's super smooth, wide and has a nice rubber texture.

The software is really nice. You can customize cursor speed, the DPI of every 5 quick select settings from 50-16,400, double-click speed, acceleration, logo/button brightness, color and pulse speed, as well as assign any button on the mouse to any key/button/command you like. You can make macros and assign them to any button you like, among other things. These are just some of the software features that work really well.

Cons: When you see a mouse can go up to 16,400 DPI (16,400 Dots Per Inch Sensitivity) you assume that the tracking sensor is AMAZING, but you'd be wrong. The tracking sensor of this mouse isn't much, if any better than what you'd find in a standard mouse. That's saying a lot, because if you go from a quality gaming mouse with a good sensor to a standard/low quality mouse it's virtually un-usable. Unless you turn cursor speed down to like 5%.

Example: With standard cursor speed settings @ 16,400DPI even the slightest possible movements my cursor would skip across 10-20% of my screen at a time, and even at low DPI settings it's still jittery. It baffles me they would give you the option to exceed 1800 DPI with a sensor this sub-par.

The software settings get messed up when you switch between setting profiles or restart. Mainly the thing that messes up is the cursor speed, which has to be re-adjusted every time you change profiles or restart. The only way I could get the mouse to feel smooth is to set the mouse at 10,000 DPI and turn the cursor speed down to about 5% speed, which I had to redo every couple hours, or every restart/profile switch. This gets very annoying.

Fun stuff w/Macros. If you play ADC in LoL, or games that require simple button combos, then the macro is the thing for you. I used to main ADC in LoL at Plat level and setup a macro that could give you an overnight boost in your mechanics. Basically what I did is create a LoL profile and in this profile made the red button on top my normal Left-Click,, Then I assigned a custom macro, easily accomplished in the software to my mouse, which is basically A + Left Click with a 10MS delay. This basically made is so you attack-move-click instantly when you left click, removing the need for click accuracy and having to learn to A+Left Click efficiently. You only have to get used to using the red button for normal left clicking, at least while using the LoL profile. This can be done effectively with other combos in LoL and like games, like Alistar W-Q combo or Lee Sin ward jumping.

Ultimately, if you want a mouse with average tracking, but good features that's big and comfy, it's a good deal, but if you want the tracking of a real gaming mouse, look elsewhere. If you play FPS games competitively, then don't buy this mouse. I would rate this 3 stars if the software was perfect and the settings never had to be re-adjusted, 4 stars if it had the tracking sensor of the Razer Abyssus, but still had the software problems, or 5 stars if it had both.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 10, 2014
I replaced a Razer Naga Molten MMO mouse with this one. The Razer started double clicking on the left button after 2 years of use. Razer initially said they would replace it since it was only a few days past warranty, then suddenly changed their mind right before shipping me a new one. Needless to say, I decided to not buy another Razer mouse.

I saw this one and figured for the price, I couldn't really go wrong. It was $38 shipped andAmazon even delivered it on Sunday.

The packaging is minimal. It came with a unhelpful manual, driver disk and Teflon replacement pads for the bottom of the mouse. It took a few minutes to figure out the software but it wasn't too bad.

So far I like it just fine. I had to adjust the weight of it. I use a cloth mouse mat so the extra weight added to the effort of moving the mouse around. My main annoyance so far is the left mouse button seems extremely stiff to press down at times. I am hoping it will loosen up after a bit of usage. Other than that, so far so good.

Pros--

*Price.
*Visually eye-catching.
*Lots of customization available with the colors/weights.
*Replacement pads included.
*Thick braided USB cable with a solid connector.
*Beveled side buttons are easily accessible.

Cons--

*It has a cheap plastic feel to it. It has a smooth shiny surface as opposed to the Razer's flat matte surface. So it can get a bit slippery if your hands get sweaty.
*I wish they included some of the sticky rubber nubs to put on the buttons so you can feel exactly what you're pressing like they give you with the Razer series.
*Left mouse button feels too stiff.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...