5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read
Rough and ready cowboy meet one sassy motel owner. Toss in a mystery or two and you've got the makings of a great story, Red's Hot Cowboy by Carolyn Brown. This is one of those books you won't want to miss.

Published on August 1, 2011 by LAS Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Grammar problems
19/5 - The story was good, but it was let down by past, present and future tense confusion. The sentences would start out in the past tense and then halfway through change to present tense etc. It made for broken reading because I kept having to go back and re-read the sentences to work out when the situation that was being discussed actually happened.
Published 14 months ago by Sarah Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, August 1, 2011

I will warn, there are a lot of characters, but as per Ms. Brown's style, it's like reading about a gigantic extended family. Everyone is important to the story and I couldn't leave any of them out. But I'm going to focus on the hero and heroine. Talk about a hoot, reading along as Pearl--love the Minnie Pearl connection--gave Wil a run for his money. She's got some fantastic one liners. And Wil. Well, he's written so well, I could picture him. Ms. Brown, I'd love another hero just as handsome. He's full of concern and love for Pearl, even if he doesn't know it. I enjoyed reading about the journey between first lust and full bloom love. And as much as she gets him going, he does the same right back to her.

I won't give anything away, but this is one of those books you sit down and can't help but read all at once. There's no getting up for a drink of water or going to sleep. Nope. All the little things are important and make the story richer. Oh, and the steamy scenes, well, get the glass of water before you start. You'll be glad you did.

If you want a book with plenty of twists, turns, hot cowboys, and a storyline that's got to be continued (please, Ms. Brown, you've got the next story in the works?), then you need a copy of Red's Hot Cowboy. It's earned every one of the 4.5 books.

Originally posted at the Long and Short of It Romance Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Red Hot Fun!, August 7, 2011
Kim Adams (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs) (Mass Market Paperback)
I never thought I would read, let alone enjoy, a contemporary western. Then again, I never "met" anyone as full of life as Carolyn Brown. I've hosted her twice on my blog without having read her books ... and shame on me. Her joy just jumped off the screen ... a joy I remembered when the opportunity to review RED'S HOT COWBOY came my way.

Like a bucking bronco, Ms. Brown did not disappoint! The red cowgirl boots on the cover was a clear indication that the story would be a red hot ride with colorful characters. Ms. Brown changed my perception that westerns would be dusty and dull. Instead, Ms. Brown delivered a charming romance laced with down home fun. Perhaps I should check into the Longhorn Inn for some of that southern hospitality served up in this book!

I received an ARC from Sourcebooks for this review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Grammar problems, October 22, 2013
Sarah Frost "Sarah" (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun stories, January 28, 2013
My first read in the series was A Cowboy for Christmas and really enjoyed that and was equally enamored with Red's Hot Cowboy.

PLL

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked this one, January 21, 2013
A good quick read, if it was summer, I'd take this one to the beach.
It's hot, in and out of the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red's Hot Cowboy is a little bit of everything and I enjoyed it., June 28, 2012
This review is from: Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a quirky, sassy, and delightful read. In this story Pearl "Red" inherits her aunts motel the Longhorn Inn and quits her exec. bank job to run it. Wil Marshall is a ruggedly handsome rancher who loves to go toe to toe with Pearl any chance he gets. They both have insecurities that threaten to end the budding relationship before it starts but the author manages to balance the storyline keeping you both entertained and wanting more all at the same time. Also introduced in this story is Lucy Fontaine who escaped an abusive husband to start over in a new town. Her story touched my heart and has me rooting for her especially when Luke enters the story as a bus driver for other abused women making their escapes and takes a liking to Lucy. I liked being updated on Rye O'Donnell and Austin from the first book in this series and glad to know their doing well. Can't wait to read more from this author as she is funny, down-to-earth and always leaves me smiling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Red's Hot Cowboy, May 21, 2012
I have really enjoyed all of Carolyn Brown's "Cowboys". The stories are great and I always love to catch up on what's going on with couples from previous books. Keep 'em comin' Carolyn!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, May 10, 2012
M. Wieas "Buyer" (Detroit Michigan UA) - See all my reviews
I couldn't get enough of it :) I was sad when I finished this book. I think I have read every book by Carolyn Brown.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quirky and lighthearted romance, this is a fun read from start to end., August 22, 2011
Bookaholics Reviewer (Bay Area, California) - See all my reviews
Red's Hot Cowboy by Carolyn Brown
Western - Aug. 1st, 2011
4 stars

Pearl Richland gave up a banking job in Oklahoma to take over her late aunt's inn located in the town of Henrietta, Texas. But thing perk up when on Christmas day, a good looking cowboy checks in. Wil Marshall lives and works in a ranch nearby. Unfortunately, the whole town's electricity blacked out including Wil's ranch. The only place with power is Pearl's Inn. Everything about Wil Marshall practically screams `bad boy,' but Pearl forces herself to resist his charms. However, the next day when Wil is mistakenly thrown into jail, it's up to Pearl to spring him out. Before she knows it, she can't seem to shake Wil off, but does she really want to?

A quirky and lighthearted romance, this is a fun read from start to end. Pearl is sassy and witty but not rude or disrespectful. I especially like the jokes she made about her name. When Wil asks her what's her name, she would say things like "Minnie Pearl" and "Oyster Pearl." She's really hilarious! Wil is so flirty and saucy, I can definitely see why he's a `bad boy.' He keeps calling Pearl "Red" even though she hates the nickname! They are definitely an entertaining pair.

Breezy and full of charm, Pearl and Wil's romance will keep you entertained for hours!

Reviewed by Pauline from the Bookaholics Romance Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Another surefire winner! I loved it!!, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs) (Mass Market Paperback)
Katy Pearl Richland 'Pearl' is a party girl. But when her aunt passes away and bequeaths everything to Pearl, she doesn't waste much time leaving the big city for a small town. She's new new owner of The Loghorn Inn motel and it may be run-down, but Pearl has some ideas. She loves owning her own business but she doesn't like the fact she doesn't have time to party or a date.

When the power goes out, the Inn gets full for the first time and Pearl is on her toes catering to her guests needs. Wil Marshall may be a nice tall drink of water but Pearl keeps murmuring to herself that he is a bad boy.....bad. When he gets arrested while staying there for murding someone, her instincts are right on. But Wil is innocent and he can't keep his eyes or his hands off of Pearl. They give as good as they get and the sparks fly in this western contemporary romance.

Ms. Brown is a superstar at writing western romances and Red's Hot Cowboy is full-throttle fun. The characters are spitfires with hearts of gold. The chemistry between Pearl and Wil will knock your socks off and the whole cast is entertaining, as only Ms. Brown's can be. Another surefire winner! I loved it!!

Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs)
Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs) by Carolyn Brown (Mass Market Paperback - August 2, 2011)
$7.99