Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2011 1:27:28 PM PDT
Magpie says:
This set is brilliant, one tiny little hiccup with the encoding though. When Willard's aboard the PBR going through the Kurtz dossier, he reads a quote from one of Kurtz' letters: "I am beyond their timid, lying morality", heard at about 1:22:22 on Redux or 1:14:03 on the theatrical. On the theatrical cut, it plays fine. On Redux, the last part of "beyond" is repeated, e.g. "beyond-ond". The video doesn't appear to skip or jump, but it DOES throw the audio sync out for the rest of the chapter (the Fuel for Bunnies scene follows the hiccup) but then it seems to straighten out by Sampan massacre. This audio sync glitch only happens on Redux, NOT the theatrical version.

Have tried it on 3 different players by three different brands (Panasonic, Sony, and Samsung) as well as tried disc 1 of the 2-disc version and same exact thing every time. Anyone else come across this? It's a shame that this glitch mars what's otherwise a perfect set.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 8:55:09 PM PDT
I just noticed the same issue on mine.

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 3:21:41 PM PDT
Paul says:
4 July 11
This DVD will not play in my Sony BD-S300 Blu-Ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 12:19:42 PM PST
birdman says:
I was curious if the 2 versions of this film are each delegated to their own disc on Blu Ray. I once owned "The Complete Dossier" and had to change out discs mid-movie. The audio glitch you mentioned is unfortunate, but I mainly want it for the Original version. Just let me know if The original is on one disc and Redux on the other. Thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 4, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions