Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 7, 2001
The packaging is very nice here, being a book cover which, when opened, reveals an attached booklet of quizzes on the left and a fold-out map on the right.

The quiz book covers the first ten Redwall books and contains five quizzes of seven to eleven questions: Places and Journeys, Heroes and Heroines, Rogues and Villains, Dreams and Quests, and Food and Feasts. There are also five riddles taken from the Redwall books, and all answers are given at the back. I didn't think these questions were overly easy. They are not multiple choice, and if you read the ten books before taking the quizzes, how can you remember the "four other titles of Gabool the Wild" or all the ingredients of the Great Hall cake, for instance? Some, where a riddle is given and the solution requested, are easier than others.

The map folds out to about three feet by two feet and is nice as a very general map. I was hoping that it would be more of a combination of all the ten books' maps, with all the labelling from them, but most of the specific places from those maps aren't noted. Also, it would have been nice to have sites marked where interesting plot elements occurred. Still, it is fun to have a big map of the Redwall universe.

All in all, this was slightly disappointing, but still a lot of fun.
on June 18, 2004
I have been reading Brian Jacques' Redwall series for over eight years and I own the all novels except for Loamhedge and look forward to the next one.
I bought the map a couple of years ago and was so excited to see the brilliance of Mossflower Country, Salamandastron and surrounding destinations from the Redwall novels come alive in full color and detail. From the rosy walls of the Abbey to the cold and abandoned Northland where the Tribe of Luke the Warrior and Martin lived to Southsward and Castle Floret. From the tiny details of a flag waving above Redwall to the fabled sword of Martin the Warrior pointing North on the compass rose, this map is a must-have for any Redwall fan so that they can follow the paw-steps of Martin, Matthias, Mattimeo, Mariel, and the score of other Redwall heroes on thier quests in this wonderful map of the world of Redwall.
The riddler section has many fine and funny riddles from the novels. Jog your memory and try your hand at these brain teasers and see how well you know the world of Redwall and its creatures.
This book would make a great gift for Redwall readers and I Highly recommend it for readers young and old alike will see the treasure that is the Redwall Map and Riddler.
on September 4, 2000
This edition to Brian Jacques Redwall Series is terrific. If you have read all the books and are a real Redwall fan you will find the riddler extremely easy. Another thing is there should be another map. This one does not show the locations of newer books such as Loamhedge, Wood Isle, Twin Islands, etc......... However,the map is very colorful and pleasant. So, if you are looking for a good quiz or do not know where a location in one of the books is this is the thing for you. Redwall Rules!
on April 3, 2000
I found this map to be very helpful when i was reading the Redwall books. It made it easier for me to imagine the the setting and its relationship to surounding places. The riddler was fun. It made me curious about the books i haven't read, so i HAD to read them. I would recomend it for any Redwaller.
on June 2, 1998
I have always wondered about the overall layout of Mossflower Country and the surrounding areas, such as Salamandastron and the remains of Loamhedge Abbey. After carefully inspecting this beautiful and intricate map, though, I wonder no more. The riddler is a fun challenge, even though it is fairly easy to a true Redwall fan. I would recommend this book to any Redwall addict.
on February 13, 2004
We love the map! It's quite big with great illustrations!(Have not read the riddles yet)
We just started the first book in the series and the map has really helped to get a 'feel for the story' to know distance, direction and scale of the settings. We actually took the map out of the book and put it up on the wall in the room where we read. If you decide to take it out, be very very careful, it took me a long time to get it out because it was stuck really well (and not really meant to be taken out) I was lucky that it didn't tear, but I spent ages slowly separating it from the book.
on November 17, 2001
I bought this yesterday and I realy like it.
It has 8 or 10 pages of realy good riddles in the riddler some come right out of the books (like in Pearls of Lutra) and others re new.
The map is realy good detal and covers from Marshank to Southsward
on November 15, 1999
I must agree that Brian Jacques is one of our ages greatest storytellers, hands down. This man has given so much to our imaginations and continues to enchant and expand the seeds of a world called Redwall that all of us no doubt fell in love with the moment the original book planted those first roots of magic within us. A master among masters. I must say that Cluny will always be one of the most terrifying of archenemies from ANY novel. Robert Jordan is good but cannot hold a flame to the innocence and pure beauty that is Redwall.
on July 1, 2001
the map was pretty good, but i would've liked it better if it also included the locations of the places mentioned in the newer books. also, as someone who read all the redwall books, i think the questions were kind of easy. the riddles are also the same riddles that were in the books, so if you read all the books, this might be kind of boring for you.
on September 13, 1998
This book has it all. It show most of the places mentioned in the redwall books and it has some that are not on the maps in the books. the riddler has many chalanging questions in it.