5.0 out of 5 stars the single best running shoe ever made for the heavy runner
I am considered to be a a heavy runner (defined by Runner's World magazine as anyone being over 170 pounds), and in my judgement the Reebok Classic is the single best running shoe ever made, for these three reasons:

Published 9 months ago by Gary E. Kuta

2.0 out of 5 stars Reebok Men's Classic Leather Black
Published 12 months ago by Thomas Chambers

2.0 out of 5 stars Reebok Men's Classic Leather Black, August 31, 2013
(Used to be) great shoes, I've worn the same Reebok Classic Leather shoe for years. When I went to buy another pair I could not find these particular Reeboks them in the stores. I ordered from Amazon. I was disappointed with what Reebok has done to the shoe. It looks nearly exactly the same, but the sole is thinner, so they got cheap on themselves, the Reebok company. The previous sole on their Classic Leather Reeboks is quite thick and offers considerable support. Reebok also does not include an insole anymore, which was a thick and very good cushion. The shoe does not feel as supportive as it once did. Before Reebok got stingy with their great shoe, the previous Reeboks felt like firm but incredibly comfortable slippers, just amazing support and comfort, I could stand all day in them which I often did and never ever got sore feet, legs or back, something that used to occur regularly with many average, no cushion shoes out there on the market. Perhaps if I go seek a good insole, it may improve the feel and support of the shoe, but that's a bother, and an expense if one is concerned about getting a really good insole. I don't know if one can order that particular insole from Reebok or not, and it irritates me that I would even have to do that. The shoe is now made in different countries (but not in the U.S.) and there is a slight size differentiation in the shoe. I've always worn 11 1/2 in this shoe but when I received the 11 1/2 it was slightly too small and I had to send the shoes back. Even if it fit properly, I still would have sent them back. Who makes these greedy decisions? Is it some foolish, miserly calculation in the boardroom: Let's see, if we reduce the thickness of the sole on our great shoe, say, 1/4 inch, says Reebok CEO, look at all the money we'd save on rubber with a million million shoes. Then eliminate the insole, we'd save even more. That kind of cold calculation tells me Reebok takes little pride in their product, and their only consideration is the bottom line. Were they making a hefty profit on their classic shoe before they got cheap with it? Of course they were. But with corporate global capitalism the way it is now, greed just encourages greed. It's just never enough, these profits made. It's a sick obsession, and seemingly their only obsession, to see how much profit they can squeeze out of each shoe. Sad, soulless (no pun intended) and unnecessary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good bye arch support with all version of this shoe made after 2011, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Reebok Classic Leather Men Casual Shoes J90117 (Apparel)
Almost found out the hard way this is no longer the same shoe I have purchased every 6 months for the last 12 years. It looks the same, but gone is all of the good support that made this shoe so great. I used to love that I could even wear it to work. Cheap quality now. Seriously Reebok, do you really think you can fool your loyal customers with this poor quality. What a shame!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the single best running shoe ever made for the heavy runner, November 26, 2013

01) If you prefer more conservative footwear (which is a polite way of saying you don't want to look like you just graduated from the prestigious Clown School of the Barnum & Bailey Circus).

02) If you prefer the maximum amount of shock absorption underfoot (wearing these shoes is like walking on pillows).

03) If you prefer to wear a running shoe at work (as do many physicians and surgeons, for example).

PLEASE be aware that there are at least TWO versions of the Reebok Classic, the 'old' and the 'new'. It is easy to tell them apart. The 'old' Reebok Classic has the traditional 'waffle' sole pattern, which runs the entire length of the bottom, and is entirely one color. The 'new' Reebok Classic has a 'two-tone' sole pattern, which only runs half the length of the bottom, and consists of two colors, usually black and gray, Unfortunately, the 'new and improved' Reebok Classic is not as good as the original, which is why I just purchased five pairs which pretty much cleaned them out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort Solution for the Re-Design of the Reebok Classic Leather, June 27, 2014
Steven Baker (Dallas, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reebok Classic Leather Men Casual Shoes J90117 (Apparel)
Like a lot of recent reviewers here, I'm a long-time Reebok customer who's loved this same Reebok Classic Leather Shoe for some 20 years, and have bought new pairs repeatedly. And, also like those reviewers, I was dismayed at the obvious cost-cutting changes that Reebok made to this model: thinner, lighter materials, tighter in the toe box, slightly tighter all around, a somewhat less thick rubber sole and, above all, no more cushioned insole and arches.
(I had bought several pairs of the old version some years ago, and I've only recently worn out my last old pair). Again, I just LOVE this style of shoe: I can work out in them, wear them for casual use, extended walking, and they're unobtrusive enough to even be worn with a dress outfit. With thanks to the past reviewers who detailed all what's wrong with the re-design of this shoe, I had all the information I needed to try a simple solution for the new pair that I ordered: buy one size larger than you usually do, and put in the orthotic, full heel-to-toe insole of your choice.
And this has worked perfectly for me! Not wanting to spend a whole lot of extra money, I found the Dr. Scholl's Work Insoles work just fine to restore the Reebok Classic Leather to its old level of comfort and support. My foot's a size 13, so I don't have to trim the insole at all, and it fits perfectly into the size 14 Reebok that I bought to make room for it).
I'm on my feet on concrete floors 10-12 hours a day and so far, so good. So, this shoe is back to being a Four-Star for me. (One star removed for Reebok making the cost-cutting changes in the first place)!

4.0 out of 5 stars Summary, April 7, 2014
Shoe fits fine and apology for previous negative. You guys corrected problem although I had jumped the gun too quickly. Happy camper. Recommend this shoe and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars the price was the best that I could find anywhere, July 27, 2014
The shoes arrived quickly. Less than a week. Others complain about cushioning, but I found no problems with the sole. The sole provided more than enough cushioning for me to practice all week for marching band. Additionally, the price was the best that I could find anywhere. The shoes were all black as described. I am very pleased with the purchase and would happily purchase from this vendor again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
Every recomendation

1.0 out of 5 stars Not flexible, June 23, 2014
I thought I could use these as nursing shoes but they do not flex as you walk. They are stiff flat foot shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Sneaker, June 18, 2014
With having to deal with fallen arches all my life finding a sneaker that I can wear comfortably has always been a challenge. This Reebok Classic leather really works for me. They are comfortable and size wise always spot on. I will continue to order these sneakers as long as they still are available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Is a comfortable shoe!, June 17, 2014
I like the comfort of this shoe. Lightweight, stylish and very comfortable for walking. Besides the quality of the material, fits any time. Very good shoes

Rate and Discover Movies