Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on April 4, 2012
I just bought these shoes a couple days ago while searching for the perfect tennis shoe. I looked at my local outlet stores and tried on various name brand shoes, attempting to find the right fit. I tried Nike, Sketchers, Reebok and Under Armour. Out of all those choices, the Reebok Zig Activate were definately the most comfortable shoes I found. Even though they are $110, these are probably the closest shoes I've worn that could be described as "walking on air". Initially they are a little stiff, but even then they were way more comfortable than any of the other name brands I tried and didn't like as much. As I wore them on the first day and even the second day, I couldn't believe how insanely light and molding to your foot the fit on these are. Which is great since that same day I walked quite a bit at my local mall and other stores trying them out to see how well they do under experience. So far, these are perfect for my getting out shoe and the design on these shoes are very unique and look amazing. I particularly like how they take the impact of each step you take, essentially making each step full of energy and feeling great. I'd definately say the advertisement that they are "energy drink for your feet" is very accurate and well spent money.

The only real question I have is how durable these shoes will be in the long run. I've seen several reviews here at Amazon claiming they tear up quickly and don't last long for the fairly big price tag. I'm hoping that isn't the case though, because I don't use these shoes for running or walk long distances at a time. Basically, I use the shoes practically for every day walking and not specifically for training to run a marathon or to be an Olympic runner or any such sport activity. So, I'm expecting to wear the Zigtech for a long time before I have to replace them, although only time will tell whether or not durability can be used to describe these shoes.

Other than that though, I'd highly recommend these shoes to anyone looking for light, comfortable and stylish shoes. I don't give many shoes a 5 out of 5 star rating, but these lived up to my expectations and then some. I'd buy these again as well, assuming the first pair lasts for a decent amount of time.
on June 8, 2012
I bought a pair of these shoes a year ago to replace my older pair of Reebok Sonics. It took some time for my feet to adjust to them. Actually, during the first weekend the pair were worn, I accidentally fell asleep with them on and got foot cramps and bruising, yet after only about two weeks, the inside lining shifted and expanded into a comfortable fit. Now these shoes feel wonderful and really do cushion my feet on daily runs of 8 miles.

These shoes are very similar to the Reebok Zig Sonics, but are not as durable. Differences between the Reebok Activate and the Reebok Zig Sonic include:

-The Activate got rid of the breathable mesh on the sides of each shoe and sewed on shiny leather liners. My feet eventually ripped through the mesh sides of the Reebok Zig Sonics after about a year of running, this shoe, because of the liners, take less time for the feet to rip out the sides.

-Better shoe laces. The shoe lace material for this pair prevent untying, essential for keeping a runners pace and momentum during long runs. I hated the laces of the Reebok Sonics, for even after great efforts to secure and tie the laces, they would untie in the middle of a long run, causing bothersome stops to tie my shoelaces.

-The design of the shoes is very cool. They look like moon boots with their ribbed cloth design.

All in all a great pair of shoes for running, but durability is lacking, and the sides rip bigger than the Zig Sonic
on March 20, 2012
The shoe is comfortable but needs some getting used to if you have never worn them before. The shoe runs narrow but it has some give so you don't feel super tight. The size runs perfect and they are very stylish. Good for running if you play basketball you may roll your ankle because they are cut so low
on December 25, 2012
I picked these up since I just started running. It's been way easier to run longer distances ( > 3 miles is long to me ) with this shoe. I also took them on a trip to DisneyWorld and had 4 days of walking 10+ hours in the park - without them I would have been a goner!

One thing I noticed is that they come with the shoes laced *very* tight. If your feet feel smooshed even a little bit, you may want to consider loosening the laces a bit - that helped me a lot.

I've had these a month now and they're holding together really well, don't get unlaced from running/walking, and make running even more fun!
on January 2, 2013
Seriously! these shoes are amazing. I bought these for 46 bucks total after shipping! I just bought them because they were cheap, and I got so many complements on how good they look and people asking where I got them. I know that is not what matters but I didn't expect any remarks at all. I was surprised. Not only are they nice and inexpensive, they are comfortable. I have a job where I walk 8-12 miles a day and I run about 5-10 miles a week. No discomfort or sign of premature wear. I would strongly recommend these shoes to anyone.
on December 9, 2012
I used these twice to workout and they are pretty good. I do have to say that I was expecting a bit more cushion and comfortability. I tried out some of the similar brands at a shoe store and expected these to be the same comfort but not the same. Other than that, they are ok and will work for my insanity workouts. I will see how they hold up to my workouts... Today is 12-9-12 so I will see how they hold up in a couple of months.
on January 19, 2013
This is my seccond pair in 2 yrs of Zig running shoes. As a college pitcher I do a lot of running and believe me, these shoes hold up well and feel great. I liked them so much that I bought the Zig baseball cleats as well for this year. Love these running shoes.
on November 12, 2014
These shoes are great. They aren't as pretty as I expected from the picture on my computer monitor but they are more comfortable than expected. The only complaint is how the sole has a curve on the bottom of the Zig which makes it easy to roll your ankle if you side step down a hill. I sprained my ankle while using these because I was clumsy, half asleep, and side stepped down a stair into my garage. It hurt and I couldn't walk for 2 weeks but that it more due to user clumsiness. I am hooked on Zig's though because of the comfort.
on December 24, 2012
Right off the bat I can tell you that these shoes look NICE. I mean, the glossy finish of the shoe body contrasts so nicely with the matte finish of the sole that, no matter what color scheme you get (I got the beautiful black/orange), it's going to pop and look gorgeous.

Oh man, and they're sooo comfortable! Usually I require some sort of gel or foam insert to cushion the blow when I take a step, but not with these. Reebok always makes cushy, comfy shoes, but these really take the cake. Not since the heyday of the Reebok Pump have I been as cozy inside of a shoe as these.

I can't think of anything else to say besides "They're comfortable as heck, look great, and cost me less than $80." And, honestly, what else do I need to say anyway? Maybe one thing-- they're great shoes and a great deal, so get yourself a pair!
on September 3, 2012
This is one of the most comfortable shoes I've worn. I usually stick to Nike and Adidas, but thought these looked to good not to try. I found that they have much better arch support (which may seem uncomfortable at first) than any other shoe. They also run a 1/2 size big. I would usually buy an 11 in Nike and Adidas, but they were a little big. The 10.5 fit perfectly.