5.0 out of 5 stars Fit, comfort, style-love it!
Published 20 months ago by MASK

1.0 out of 5 stars Like running on planks
Published 16 months ago by Mary-O

1.0 out of 5 stars Like running on planks, October 25, 2013
This review is from: Reebok Women's Pheehan Running Shoe (Apparel)
I know what you're going to think - you get what you pay for, and I'll have to agree. Let me start off by saying that I'm a casual runner. I don't time myself and I don't train for races. I run 3 to 4 times a week (3-5 miles each time) to clear my head and stay fit, so I don't feel that I need expensive, top of the line running shoes. As a budget conscious mom, I'm always on the lookout for good quality at a reasonable price. I bought these Reebok Pheehan running shoes based on what I thought to be a reasonable price and some positive reviews from other shoppers.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

Running in these shoes is like running with planks strapped to my feet. The sole is very stiff and offers no cushioning at all. Even on an easy run, I felt stress in my shins and my feet started to ache. They also make a lot of clip-clopping road noise, which just adds to their plank-like quality.

I ordered the orange with violet stripes and they do look nice, so If you are considering these as a cute casual shoe, or perhaps even as a walking shoe, they might be fine for you.

If you are even a casual runner, do not buy these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit, comfort, style-love it!, July 3, 2013
I have always had problems finding shoes to fit my wide foot. I have had New Balance shoes for the last two years now because they always carried wide shoes in my size 10, but they weren't comfortable. I had shin-splints after walking and/or running, blisters, and sometimes even backaches after exercising. From the moment I put on these shoes, they were comfortable! They are a little wider than I need, but I've never been able to wear a thicker sock with the New Balance, so this works out for me. I have now been wearing these shoes for two weeks and have no shin-splints, backaches, blisters, or other shoe-related issues that I had before. In fact, I ordered a second pair in a different color that I will be reviewing, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, July 3, 2013
This is a great running shoe. Although I do not run, I use it for walking preferring the cushioning of a running shoe over a walking shoe. It is comfortable and stylish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 5, 2013
Very comfortable running shoe at a decent price. They fit well, which is shocking as I typically have a very had time finding shoes that fit me comfortably. No complaints at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy feet and toes!, February 14, 2014
These shoes are very comfortable, and they were described exactly as they are. They fit just right, not bigger or smaller than I thought, just right. No need to order off sizes which is welcoming. Very good quality and great ventalation for a tennis shoe (which I walk in a lot)

4.0 out of 5 stars Width is my concern, February 28, 2014
I'm a Nike person threw and threw, but my feet have expanded over time and Nikes make my toes go numb. So tried Reebox and fell in love. This is my first pair of Reebox running shoes. I know their brand new shoes but they are stiff. The footbed is not what my last pair of Reebox was. Those mighty comfy, these kinda hard. Had to buy insoles to add comfort. I would try another style next time. Colors are great! Width is fantastic. My feet are not wide, but their not med anymore that weird in between area that Reebox hit

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect shoe, February 22, 2014
Great looking product...PERFECT fit and support for my feet. Shipping was earlier than expected. Going to get a pair for my daughter too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Reeboks!, February 18, 2014
Reeboks, or certain styles of them just fit my feet perfectly. these have mesh vents in the forward half top keep your feet cool in warm weather. Perfect color to match my wardrobe is a bonus too!

5.0 out of 5 stars REEBOK'S ARE THE GREATEST!, February 8, 2014
I have problem feet, have had 5 surgeries on my right foot and just completed my last surgery. I needed a wide shoe because of the swelling and I knew that Reebok's have a really wide toe box. These are perfect for that. I think Reeboks are the most comfortable for people that have problem feet anyway. and I should know!

3.0 out of 5 stars So close..but something's not right!, July 14, 2014
I have weird feet, I freely admit it. I am probably also a little like the Princess and the Pea when it comes to shoes. I have a somewhat high arch which usually means I need a wide, but a narrow heel; and lately the sole of my foot alongside the heel has been hurting a lot. (I just recently gave up and tossed two brand new pairs of sneakers that gave me great pain along and beneath my arch, but I only found this out after I wore them for a while. Too bad I'd already gone outside in them. Between those and another recent bad experience with a pair of sandals, I've learned my lesson - I now give shoes an actual test-run around the house that lasts longer than five minutes.)

Anyway... my old New Balance sneakers are really looking quite hideous (not that they were very stylish to begin with!), and their updated replacement model is ugly in my eyes plus they make my feet look like giant polar bear paws; so the quest began for a new pair of simple, comfortable sneakers. I don't run, or even power-walk, but I do spend weekends on my feet with the kids, and I need a good pair of sneaks!

I had found these "Pheehan" sneakers in a retail store but the insole was lumped up inside, so I ordered them from Amazon to get a better idea if they were comfy or not. I *really* wanted them to work, as I have fruitlessly tried on probably 50 pairs of sneakers over the last month or so...I wore them around the house for a couple of hours and sadly to say, these didn't work either. The insole, while a little on the hard side, fit well enough and the arch was in the right spot, but the light gray bars on the top of the shoe, that extend down from the bottom-most eyelet to the toe, along the side above the darker gray stripe, and over the toes with the white stripe accent, actually formed ridges inside the shoe that pressed on my foot! Arggh!

That's not to say that this shoe is bad overall - I could very well be the only person in the world who notices this kind of thing when it comes to shoes - but they're just not right for me.

The hunt continues! :(