5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE these like slippers
Published on October 5, 2009 by J. Kennel

3.0 out of 5 stars Note where the shoe was made.
The Reebok Classic "Princess" in black is the only shoe I've worn for years. I have diabetes and these have proven to be the most comfortable and relaxed fit.

Published on March 17, 2011 by Cillasi

3.0 out of 5 stars Note where the shoe was made., March 17, 2011
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)

I recently ordered two pair. I put a pair on and left for work and thought I'd be permanently crippled by the time I got back home that night. I couldn't understand it. I'd never had this type of problem with this shoe.

I tried on the second pair and it was an entirely different experience. This is the shoe I know and love!

The only difference between the two shoes is the place of manufacture. The "bad" pair was made in Vietnam. Whether it's a missize, a defect, or something more systemic, I don't know, but I don't want another pair of shoes made in Vietnam!!

The "good" pair was made in Indonesia. I checked the old shoe I was replacing and it was made in China.

So, if you have a problem with this shoe, check the outside of the box or the tongue label and note where it was made. If problem shoes are coming from the same source, maybe something can be done about it at the company level.

So, even though I typically love this shoe, I'm only rating it a 3 because of this size problem. If I can't rely on a shoe being the same regardless of place of origin, then it's a gamble to buy it, and I don't have the time or patience to constantly return defective items.

Plus, for some reason, Amazon wants the item back BEFORE issuing a refund, which is not their usual way. If this is their policy with shoes, then I won't risk ordering shoes from Amazon again.

3.0 out of 5 stars A shoe with a big tongue, June 4, 2009
Padmapada (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
First, Reebok has managed to confuse a lot of us by naming several different shoes "Princess". Many of the reviews here refer to 'sneakers', but the Princess sneaker is a different shoe, so it isn't clear if we are all on the same page. I am talking about the Princess aerobics shoe that I got from Amazon in the following: The shoe is very lightweight and that is good. It is fairly comfortable, but as someone else mentioned, it doesn't have much arch support. It also has a rather low toe box, so if your big toe isn't relatively flat you may find the shoe pressing on it. For some reason, the shoe has a remarkably large tongue that tends to stick out beyond the laces. It also has the name 'Reebok' plastered all over it: on the inside, on the back, on the big tongue, and on the side; your pair of shoes says 'Reebok' eight times, which is advertising overkill. The shoe is lighter and better looking than a sneaker, but my 10-year-old Reebok sneakers are more comfortable because they have a better arch support and a higher toe box.

2.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ THIS - THEY'RE JUST NOT THE SAME, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
HELP !!! Has anyone else noticed that recently the Princess Reeboks have a MUCH harder sole in them than they used to have? I have worn the Princess style forever and always loved that I could wear them all day in great comfort and no break-in time ... the last two pairs I have purchased no longer have the comfy, spongy rubber soles and even with the addition of Dr. Scholl's foam liners I'm disappointed and can't wait to get them off. I'm afraid to throw away my old, beat up Reeboks because at least I can wear them all day. Also I wish Reebok would go back to their original design on the bottom of the sole. The tread used to have little round circles (tiny bubbles) on the bottom that never collected dirt but then they changed to parallel lines. This creates a lot of space to hold dirt that gets tracked in the house. Guess it would be best for me to email my complaints to Reebok... and would appreciate it if anyone having the same complaints would do the same. Thanks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Reebok no longer leather, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
I had the same problem with the last pair of Reebok Princess I bought (made in Cambodia). I called Reebok and asked them why the Princess was now made of some sort of plastic, and was told that Reebok no longer makes a shoe in leather. The rep I talked with said she has received numerous complaints about Reebok's new policy, but the bigwigs at Reebok are standing firm and are refusing to go back to leather. Sooo, I will refuse to go back to Reebok. If people will stand their ground and refuse to buy Reeboks, maybe the company will re-think their new no-leather policy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow and not leather, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
As several others have written, this has been my go-to athletic shoe for years. They have always been dependably comfortable, and I especially like this style because it is lightweight. When I searched Amazon for my old favorite, I found that it looked the same, but was man-made instead of leather. With some reservation, I went ahead and ordered a pair in the size I have been wearing. When they arrived and I tried them on, they looked and felt narrow. I decided to wear them for awhile on my carpeted floor. After about an hour, I took them off and found a purple mark where the shoe had rubbed on my foot. Since they are NOT leather, I would not expect them to "give" at all to accommodate my foot. I have returned them and purchased another pair that is described as "leather". We'll see...

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT LEATHER and the description says leather, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
I've just been so badly embarrassed. I gave these shoes to my sister for her Birthday. She told me she is sorry, she cannot wear PLASTIC = MANMADE synthetic shoes. I had NO reason to look at the tag. I 've always purchased these in the garment leather which is STILL in the description on the page. Take a look! I've saved incase they change it NOW that I've complained.
I'm so upset with good reason.
Go find a good pair of LEATHER shoes and you can find SYNTHETIC shoes for MUCH less than this price.
Don't buy this unless you don't care that the shoe is not leather.
Thank You.

I see the page at least now says SYNTHETIC I have a pdf of the original webpage that said soft garment leather from 2 pair that I purchased and have to return them. The first was for a gift as I said above, and the second was for myself. One pair is a horror to try on and I see some mentioning where they were made. i have not checked that. This was honestly the only shoe I could wear, the only one since RA struck me a few years ago. I don't know what I am going to wear now. Terribly upset with the page previously stating made of leather and receiving plastic, synthetic = PU shoes.
Never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Reeboks I knew and loved., March 6, 2014
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
I've been wearing Reebok Princess for at least 20 years. They always fit and feel the same and look good with clothes, not clunky like other athletic shoes. However, these are NOT the Reeboks I've loved for 20 years. Even without a sock, I could hardly get my foot in the shoe. It was long enough but the toe area had no depth. They are not leather anymore and are just not the same shoe. I'm extremely disappointed because no one else makes a shoe that looks like this. I don't know why Reebok has chosen to make such a lousy product after years of it being a classic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quality I expected, July 1, 2012
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
I should have considered the reviewers who said to stay away from VIETNAM made shoes. I received the VN shoes and oh how horrible. Terrible hard foot bed, and no arch support. I have the ones made in Indonesia, so soft to wear and great foot bed. If I can find the Indonesia made ones I will rebuy, If not Good Bye Reebok. These from VN are IMO junk for wearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE these like slippers, October 5, 2009
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
I did buy another pair on here that I have reviewed because these Reeboks are hard to find anymore in stores. ANYWAY, I buy a pair of these every 12-18 months and keep the old ones for gardening, etc. I wear them 18 hours a day and wash them in the washing machine and let them air dry near heating vent. They last and last and the sole has just enough soft support that it is like wearing slippers from day 1 until I am walking with holes in the bottom as I mow the lawn. A++++ Great value in casual shoes!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same shoe!, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W (Apparel)
My mom has been wearing these since the 80s! I recently bought her a new pair, and she says they are way too narrow and uncomfortable. Her feet haven't changed, it's the shoe! They were made in Vietnam. I hope Reebok gets its act together and changes suppliers.