Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Black Stone Cherry Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Price:$24.99 - $91.95

on October 17, 2012
These were very good sandals while they lasted. Mine lasted ~ten & one half months. The outer side strap on my right one became unattached from the sole - all three foci. It looks like they might have been glued. I did get them wet a couple of times. Mine cost U$42.31. I think I should have gotten more out of them than that. I can buy a lot of rubber flip flops for that money.
review image
11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2006
I bought a pair of these sandals in February 2005 and am still wearing them. Like any sandal, they are fun and easy to wear. Just recently I've noticed that the front part of the soles has worn down and they are smooth now. Also the foam bed has started to crack in several places, but for the price I'd say I've gotten reasonable use out of them.

The bottle opener is a great conversation piece. Also rest assured, they do hold up to wear and tear. I was skeptical when I bought these how long they'd stay intact, but I can attest that they are still in and functional... kinda mangled, but still intact and functioning.

Also, if you think you're just gonna swing your leg up and crack open a beer like Mr. Joe Cool, then think again. I remember when I first got these I was at a backyard house party while in San Diego. I was flirting with these two girls, talkin' my game and trying to be smooth. So I grab another beer, and while talking to them, I lift my foot and try to crack the bottle open. Well, between trying to keep my balance and get the lip of the cap in the opener, I apparently shook it up a bit. When I finally did open it, the resulting explosion of foam shot all over me and the two girls. Not cool.

I would suggest taking the sandal off to use the bottle opener feature.

All and all, a great shoe. Fun and easy to wear.

Another tip: Make sure you wash these every so often! Stick 'em in the washing machine. I neglected to do this and developed a nasty case of athlete's foot from them. Just a heads up. Enjoy!
1313 comments|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2010
Alone. On the streets of Playa, searching for size 5 Pampers, I longed for refreshment and inspiration. Spotting a corner bodega, I determined that a cervaza was the only remedy. After making my purchase and setting out renewed on my mission, I realized my fatal error. The cap did not twist off. Distraught, I accepted it was not meant to be...it was then that I remembered the hidden church key in the bottom of my Fanning Sandals (Men Sizes 4-15). My mission and my faith were saved.
on September 6, 2009
Love these sandals. We received them very quickly and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Bought them for a week at Disney World which involves a lot of walking and my feet were never sore.
on August 19, 2009
As if there is another flip flop could offer the style, comfortable, and mobility of the Mick Fanning sandal. The leather version of a very popular sandal is exactly what any avid wearer would appreciate.

The sandal is sleek and looks good on a well maintained foot. They are true to size so if you wear a 12, order the 12.

Overall, you cannot and will not go wrong with this great sandal. It hugs the foot very well, provides great heel support, and the church-key hidden perfectly in the sole will be a great topic of any party or gathering. Great job with the development of a great flip flop that even the snobbiest would find pleasure to sport.
33 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2006
I bought a pair of Freddy P's reef sandals that lasted 3 years before finally breaking. I loved those shoes. At that point I had to get the Fanning's as the Freddy P's are no longer being made.

The Fanning shoe has lasted me about 1 year, keeping in mind I did not wear them in the winter, The strap that goes in between your toes has started to come apart on both shoes. And they have become loose and not as comfortable.

The bottle opener is to be used only if you have to.

You have to take the shoe off to open beer, if you have already had a few beers standing on one leg can become a little tricky.

I guess for $40 they are worth the price.
VINE VOICEon April 28, 2015
As my Sanuks come to the end of their life I decided to try some Reefs for the first time in over 20 years. Okay I was a little won over by the "Thirst Quenching Technology" because who doesn't remember with awe the first time they needed a bottle opener because they weren't drinking crappy generic twist-off beer and someone raised their foot and said, "right here!"

Comfort is my #1 issue, I wear orthopaedic shoes for walking and for work with custom orthopaedic inserts, but for beach/casual wear in warm weather that isn't as much of a concern. I've enjoyed how comfortable my Sanuks have been but the Reefs are very comfortable too and I have no buyer's remorse. The 4-star rating instead of 5-stars is for the overall comfort, the Sanuks definitely feel more like standing on a yoga mat.

If you're planning on spending a day walking around an amusement park you should not be wearing sandals, wear runners or shoes designed for walking. Sandals are for more casual affairs, going to the beach, popping out to the store to grab some more liquor, you get the gist. The Reefs are very stylish and they fit perfectly, really like a glove for your feet. I knew my size and was a little hesitant to order online but I'm pleased to say everything was perfect.
on August 21, 2015
Very comfy flip flops. Got them this morning slipped them on and haven't taken them off since. I have attached a couple pics to show the brown on brown style is in fact partially made with real leather uppers.
review image review image
on November 6, 2013
After some use, I could feel the bottle opener through the slipper.
This was extremely uncomfortable and frustrating.
For some pricey slippers I expected a better build quality.

Before this happened, I thought they were great slippers.
They traveled up and down the west coast and to Hawaii with me.
However, I had to toss them after trying to deal with the bottle opener pushing against the soles of my feet with every step.

Take that bottle opener off, and I'd buy them again.
on March 8, 2015