Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Price:$17.40 - $99.95

on July 7, 2008
Best sandals i've ever owned in my life. Reef makes top notch sandals, the last pair I had lasted over eight years. I had to buy a new pair because they literally rotted of my feet. They lasted all through the time I was a lifeguard, deployed to the Middel East, and just everyday wear and tear. This new pair feels better, fits great, and just all around meets the expectaions I have of Reef and its products.
0Comment106 of 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2012
These were very good sandals while they lasted. Mine lasted ~ten & one half months. The outer side strap on my right one became unattached from the sole - all three foci. It looks like they might have been glued. I did get them wet a couple of times. Mine cost U$42.31. I think I should have gotten more out of them than that. I can buy a lot of rubber flip flops for that money.
review image
11 comment59 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2006
I bought a pair of these sandals in February 2005 and am still wearing them. Like any sandal, they are fun and easy to wear. Just recently I've noticed that the front part of the soles has worn down and they are smooth now. Also the foam bed has started to crack in several places, but for the price I'd say I've gotten reasonable use out of them.

The bottle opener is a great conversation piece. Also rest assured, they do hold up to wear and tear. I was skeptical when I bought these how long they'd stay intact, but I can attest that they are still in and functional... kinda mangled, but still intact and functioning.

Also, if you think you're just gonna swing your leg up and crack open a beer like Mr. Joe Cool, then think again. I remember when I first got these I was at a backyard house party while in San Diego. I was flirting with these two girls, talkin' my game and trying to be smooth. So I grab another beer, and while talking to them, I lift my foot and try to crack the bottle open. Well, between trying to keep my balance and get the lip of the cap in the opener, I apparently shook it up a bit. When I finally did open it, the resulting explosion of foam shot all over me and the two girls. Not cool.

I would suggest taking the sandal off to use the bottle opener feature.

All and all, a great shoe. Fun and easy to wear.

Another tip: Make sure you wash these every so often! Stick 'em in the washing machine. I neglected to do this and developed a nasty case of athlete's foot from them. Just a heads up. Enjoy!
1313 comments128 of 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2010
Alone. On the streets of Playa, searching for size 5 Pampers, I longed for refreshment and inspiration. Spotting a corner bodega, I determined that a cervaza was the only remedy. After making my purchase and setting out renewed on my mission, I realized my fatal error. The cap did not twist off. Distraught, I accepted it was not meant to be...it was then that I remembered the hidden church key in the bottom of my Fanning Sandals (Men Sizes 4-15). My mission and my faith were saved.
review image
11 comment39 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2009
Love these sandals. We received them very quickly and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Bought them for a week at Disney World which involves a lot of walking and my feet were never sore.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2009
As if there is another flip flop could offer the style, comfortable, and mobility of the Mick Fanning sandal. The leather version of a very popular sandal is exactly what any avid wearer would appreciate.

The sandal is sleek and looks good on a well maintained foot. They are true to size so if you wear a 12, order the 12.

Overall, you cannot and will not go wrong with this great sandal. It hugs the foot very well, provides great heel support, and the church-key hidden perfectly in the sole will be a great topic of any party or gathering. Great job with the development of a great flip flop that even the snobbiest would find pleasure to sport.
33 comments40 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2006
I bought a pair of Freddy P's reef sandals that lasted 3 years before finally breaking. I loved those shoes. At that point I had to get the Fanning's as the Freddy P's are no longer being made.

The Fanning shoe has lasted me about 1 year, keeping in mind I did not wear them in the winter, The strap that goes in between your toes has started to come apart on both shoes. And they have become loose and not as comfortable.

The bottle opener is to be used only if you have to.

You have to take the shoe off to open beer, if you have already had a few beers standing on one leg can become a little tricky.

I guess for $40 they are worth the price.
11 comment28 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
After some use, I could feel the bottle opener through the slipper.
This was extremely uncomfortable and frustrating.
For some pricey slippers I expected a better build quality.

Before this happened, I thought they were great slippers.
They traveled up and down the west coast and to Hawaii with me.
However, I had to toss them after trying to deal with the bottle opener pushing against the soles of my feet with every step.

Take that bottle opener off, and I'd buy them again.
on March 8, 2015
review image
0Comment27 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2011
REEFS SUCK, LOOK AT MY PIC. Took a pair of Reef's to Costa Rica. Everytime they got wet in the ocean the straps left huge black marks on my feet. This wasn't like a one time thing. EVERY TIME THEY GOT WET. Complete garbage for an expensive pair of sandals. It looked like I had a crazy foot disease. An it was hard to wash off. Anyways, I threw the reefs in the trash where they belong and got myself a pair of Kustoms. Cheaper, lighter, more comfortable and NO MORE BLACK FEET. I put up a picture of my stained black feet. REEFS SUCK! Oh and you look like a jack@$$ using a sandal to open your beer.
review image
66 comments66 of 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse