1,888 Reviews
 (1,378)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reef Sandals
Published on July 7, 2008 by Michael D. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars POS Part 1 and 2
Picked up these about 8 months ago. I researched the REEF's extensively and choose their most "Highly Rated" design ... The Mick Fanning.

Published on October 5, 2011 by surfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Reef Sandals, July 7, 2008
Best sandals i've ever owned in my life. Reef makes top notch sandals, the last pair I had lasted over eight years. I had to buy a new pair because they literally rotted of my feet. They lasted all through the time I was a lifeguard, deployed to the Middel East, and just everyday wear and tear. This new pair feels better, fits great, and just all around meets the expectaions I have of Reef and its products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and fun, but watch out, May 18, 2006
I bought a pair of these sandals in February 2005 and am still wearing them. Like any sandal, they are fun and easy to wear. Just recently I've noticed that the front part of the soles has worn down and they are smooth now. Also the foam bed has started to crack in several places, but for the price I'd say I've gotten reasonable use out of them.

The bottle opener is a great conversation piece. Also rest assured, they do hold up to wear and tear. I was skeptical when I bought these how long they'd stay intact, but I can attest that they are still in and functional... kinda mangled, but still intact and functioning.

Also, if you think you're just gonna swing your leg up and crack open a beer like Mr. Joe Cool, then think again. I remember when I first got these I was at a backyard house party while in San Diego. I was flirting with these two girls, talkin' my game and trying to be smooth. So I grab another beer, and while talking to them, I lift my foot and try to crack the bottle open. Well, between trying to keep my balance and get the lip of the cap in the opener, I apparently shook it up a bit. When I finally did open it, the resulting explosion of foam shot all over me and the two girls. Not cool.

I would suggest taking the sandal off to use the bottle opener feature.

All and all, a great shoe. Fun and easy to wear.

Another tip: Make sure you wash these every so often! Stick 'em in the washing machine. I neglected to do this and developed a nasty case of athlete's foot from them. Just a heads up. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reef scored another hit w/ the Leather Fanning flip flops!, August 19, 2009
As if there is another flip flop could offer the style, comfortable, and mobility of the Mick Fanning sandal. The leather version of a very popular sandal is exactly what any avid wearer would appreciate.

The sandal is sleek and looks good on a well maintained foot. They are true to size so if you wear a 12, order the 12.

Overall, you cannot and will not go wrong with this great sandal. It hugs the foot very well, provides great heel support, and the church-key hidden perfectly in the sole will be a great topic of any party or gathering. Great job with the development of a great flip flop that even the snobbiest would find pleasure to sport.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 6, 2009
Love these sandals. We received them very quickly and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. Bought them for a week at Disney World which involves a lot of walking and my feet were never sore.

1.0 out of 5 stars POS Part 1 and 2, October 5, 2011

Fast forward 5 to 6 months and BAM ... the strap broke. Your kidding me ... $50 sandals that could not make it through a few months (purchased in February and broke in June). The funny thing is I actually purchased another pair in July (thinking maybe I got a bad product made on a bad day by an overworked and under paid Chinese person).

The 2nd pair lasted exactly 3 months. Same flaw ... the toe strap broke during a dinner out. Fortunately, the 2 broken pair(s) each broke a different foot. Light bulb goes off ...still in business, I can wear the 2 good remaining feet for a new pair. BAD! They broke the straps within a week. Now the bad news, the straps are not covered in the warranty. I am sending them back, both pairs, with no warranty, at my cost, to tell Reef, "Please send this crap back to China and have your underpaid Chinese workers to wear and most importantly enjoy their new REEF Sandals".

Thanks REEF, but I will be spending another $50 on a pair of Rainbow Sandals that actually come with a warranty.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as durable as previous reef sandle, June 4, 2006
Nigel Turner "Limey Git" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of Freddy P's reef sandals that lasted 3 years before finally breaking. I loved those shoes. At that point I had to get the Fanning's as the Freddy P's are no longer being made.

The Fanning shoe has lasted me about 1 year, keeping in mind I did not wear them in the winter, The strap that goes in between your toes has started to come apart on both shoes. And they have become loose and not as comfortable.

The bottle opener is to be used only if you have to.

You have to take the shoe off to open beer, if you have already had a few beers standing on one leg can become a little tricky.

I guess for $40 they are worth the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Warranty, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Reef Men's Fanning Sandal (Apparel)
Minimal use over a period of a year. Toe strap broke on one sandal. When I contacted the company about replacement, it was pointed out that the warranty is good for 6 mos only, regardless of use. No more Reefs for me. Other makers have much better warranties.

4.0 out of 5 stars my fannings, June 18, 2007
very comfortable flip-flops. great for all day wearing. these are my second pair. i wore these all day for 6 days in Savannah, Ga. I've worn them to the beach, in the water, in a friends pool. they can take it and still look good.i still wear my first pair around the house or for shooting to the store. I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 because of the can-opener on the bottom. It works ok. Depending on where you have been walking though, i wouldn't want that stuff near my beer.

4.0 out of 5 stars great sandals, but watch out for the opener, September 29, 2010
Robert Lee (Indialantic, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reef Men's Fanning Sandal (Apparel)
I have had two pairs of these, comfy, last well. I just wanted to say that I would prefer they lose the silly bottle opener. I don't like to drink where I walk (or ..... where I eat, for that matter). These will also scratch boat decks and wood floors when they get worn down a little. On boat decks it's worse because there are curved surfaces where even new shoes will gouge the gelcoat or paint. Great way to get thrown overboard or not invited on subsequent fishing trips. They should include a nice aluminum bottle opener key chain instead, would cost them 0.10 if that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable, as advertised, June 28, 2011
I walked twelve miles in my Reefs today. I walked seven miles yesterday in them, and ten the day before. My feet have thick tan lines where the straps are, and not a single blister. My other pair of flip-flops destroys my feet, dying my soles black and cracking my skin. These don't; they're comfortable, even for walking long distances.

The only problem is that they can get very, very smelly, even though my feet are traditionally non-odorous. I wonder what it is about them that makes them seem to retain odor.

Still, a wonderful buy and well worth it.

Reef Men's Fanning Sandal