4.0 out of 5 stars Not much beats a new pair of Reefs...
It was probably about 8 years ago. I was at the beach and my flip flops broke. Few things are worse. You don't want to be the kid wearing shoes on the beach, but you also don't want to wonder the boardwalk in some cheap crap flip flops that will fall apart and/or hurt your feet. So I went in search of the perfect pair of flip flops - a daunting task.

And I came...
Published on April 16, 2012 by alexbrubakerguitar

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money
I liked them. They are really comfy, good fit. The only negative part is that the straps have some minor signs of fraying, which still looks casual and relax, but it is definitely not what I was expecting. Overall, reef is look quality, so I hope they will last forever, just as every other reef sandals I have ever owned.
Published 16 months ago by Rafael S. García-Cortés

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much beats a new pair of Reefs..., April 16, 2012

And I came up with a pair of Reefs. They were, by far, the most comfortable and durable flip flops that I had ever owned. On top of that, they were super stylish and I constantly got compliments on them.

Fast forward a few years and I'm on my sixth pair. For 8 years, 6 pairs of flip flops is incredible, especially considering that only my first pair was decommissioned due to breaking. Of the other pairs I've had, I have a black pair for casual wear, a dark brown pair for casual wear, a dark brown pair that has been demoted to use while rock climbing (worn between climbs), another that was trashed from climbing, and this new pair.

Now these aren't my favorite pair that I've owned. They look real great and feel great, but have an inherent flaw that I've seen on a few others as well, hence the 4/5 stars. The one thing that I absolutely hate about these is that the leather is super absorbent. That means that if my feet sweat, which they do, it's all soaked up in the leather and, after a while, will start to smell. That's why a few pairs have been demoted to climbing use. A few of my older pairs had treated leather that was a lot more resilient, but it looks like most of those are a lot more expensive now.

It's also good to note that these do not fit true to size. I'm usually a 9 ½ - 10, but find that an 11 in Reefs fit perfectly. It would be best if you already knew how they fit you.

I've recommended these to tons of friends over the years. Those that have gotten a pair for themselves keep going back. And I'll keep recommending them. They fit great, feel great, and look great. There's not much that beats walking around on sunny day with a new pair of Reefs...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sandals at a Good Value, April 19, 2012
I was looking to replace my Rainbow brand sandals as they wore out and I have had the Reefs before (just never their leather ones). These took about 2 walks with my dog to break in (about 1-2 miles each walk). They were never uncomfortable but a huge difference is seen when broken in. Overall these are a great value for what you are getting. They fit true to size (I wear a 9 1/2 and ordered the nine as there weren't half sizes and they fit well, better than going a size up would have). They are comfortable and look good with jeans and shorts. Not disappointed at all with these. Now it is just time to see how long these last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flip flops I've ever owned, September 4, 2013
Steve Smiechowski (PITTSBURGH, PA, US) - See all my reviews
Bought these for a vacation to the beach and couldn't be happier with them. I was a little worried they may cause blisters since I literally just bought them before we left. Wore them all day for the first time and no issues at all. Very comfortable, fit perfect and break in very quickly. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great footwear, August 27, 2013
I usually wear a size 11, but my wife read reviews that these sandals are on the small size. I ordered a size 12 and they fit perfectly. Make sure you add 1 shoe size! Very comfy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Reef Men's Leather Marbea Thong Sandal (Apparel)
These sandals are so comfortable, more so than I would have thought..no break in period and never made my feet sore even when walking several miles during vacation. will be getting another pair when/if these wear out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reef quality as usual, August 15, 2013
Correct sizing, very comfy and dry fast at the beack
Perfect as usual.
I have been wearing reef flip flops only since 1986 for a reason.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, May 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, May 11, 2013
It is now my 3rd pair of Reef Marbea in 6 years. Very durable, and comfortable. They have been everywhere, city, sand, water, salt water, sun, dry of the desert.... Made of real leather they look somehow a bit more "upscale" than the piece of rubber.

4.0 out of 5 stars True to size, January 8, 2014
These seem to be true to size (versus other Reef sandals which I've found can vary quite a bit). I wear a 12-13 and these fit just fine. Quality is good and they have a nice arch support.

5.0 out of 5 stars better then Rainbows, October 1, 2013
these are by far the best pair of sandals i have ever owned. i have had many rainbows but nothing comes close to the fit and comfort of these reef's.

Reef Men's Leather Marbea Thong Sandal