Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Reef Men's Reef Phantom Player Sandal
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 18, 2013
I actually picked a pair of these up by mistake and was quite surprised by how comfortable they are. I was looking to buy another pair of Reef Fannings when I saw the blue and turquoise and liked the color combo so I grabbed them thinking they were in fact Fannings. I didn't try them on till I got home since I've bought 3 or 4 pairs now of Fannings over the years.

When I put them on I immediately was startled at how 'squishy' they felt. I looked at them and saw the foam instead of the normal clear 'bubble' that Fannings have. I was a little worried at first because they felt so different on my heels. However, the more I walked in them the more comfortable they were and the more I liked them.

I'd easily recommend these if you want a more comfortable sandal to stand or walk in and I'd definitely recommend these as a replacement to your Reef Fannings if you're looking for a new pair.
on August 21, 2013
I bought two pairs of Reef sandals... the Playa Negra and the Phantom Player. For the average young whipper-snapper, either pair would be fine. If you want something with arch support, the Playa Negra is much better. The Phantom had a nice soft squishy heel, but there wasn't much arch support. Perhaps as the sandals age, the squishiness of the heel would lessen, and there would be more arch support, but that might not happen. I decided to return these Phantoms, but am keeping the Playa Negras.
on May 5, 2013
This sandal replaced my Reef Fannings that I have had for 3 yrs and they are more comfortable then the fanning have been and I thouhgt the Fannings were the bees knees. These dude seem to run a bit tighter then the fanning or it could be my fanning are just really worn in. I will update later with sizing but so far it seems to small. So maybe order a half size up if possible.
on August 25, 2013
Some of us have difficulty wearing flip-flops with the piece between the toes; I have avoided them for many many years. I have been wearing them around the house for several hours at a time with less and less pain, now after just a few days I can wear them almost non-stop.

The soles of these Reefs are super comfortable, and would no doubt help anybody with plantar fasciitis. The bottle opener is a gimmick.

Others in my family swear by them and are amazed at their longevity.
on April 23, 2014
You will really enjoy these supportive and comfortable thong type sandals. These are not your thin cheap pair-at all.
These are the ones you will want to wear all the time. Besides supportive comfort-they offer Non-Slip and Non-Marring
sandal soles. Furthermore, your feet will not loose these sandals, i.e. sandal fly away. The specially padded foot and toe
straps will keep your feet in proper alignment, at all times.
Due to medical conditions, I must wear "Thong Sandals" year round, so supportive and safe walking is a must have. Give these
a try, and remember to order (1) size larger than you would wear, for that ultra comfort experience!!
on July 29, 2014
I have loved Reef sandals for several years now. I have had the Fanning Sandal, the Slap II, the Phantom Thong, and the Phantom Player. I tend to like the Phantom Player best, but the Fanning is is great too. I would purchase any of them based upon price.

The size here runs as expected based upon the sizing guide. I tend to buy size 11 or 11.5 shoe, but when I measure my feet and look at the guide, it tells me to buy size 12 or 13. I ordered size 12 and am very happy with the way it fits.

The bottle opener on the bottom is kind of a gimmick. These days with twist off caps, you don't really need it. Some people are afraid they will scratch wood floors, but that is not true. My daughter has these as well as me. We have wood floors throughout our home and the opener does not touch the wood. Therefore, it does not scratch our wood floors. Don't let the bottle opener scare you from getting these.

The only negative thing about Reef sandals is that they are so great that if you leave them on the sand while you take a swim, someone might just steal them. This happened to me in Hawaii on the island of Maui, which was a bummer because I was at the start of my vacation and these were the only sandals I brought with me. I tried to replace with a Walmart pair of Ocean Pacific sandals, but they cut the top of my feet with blisters after only one day. I could have bought a pair of reef sandals in a surf shop, but they were priced twice as much as what I could order here. As soon as I got back home, I ordered these from Amazon. They are soft and comfortable, very nice. I am so glad to have my feet back in Reef Sandals.

If you have never tried Reef sandals, you should. You will not regret it.
on December 26, 2013
Bought these along with the Fanning Sandals by REEF. I normally wear Fannings so these were the first pair of Phantoms that I've ever owned. They have become my favorite sandal to wear. They are way more comfortable and don't require the breaking in period that Fanning Sandals normally do. In the future I think I will purchase these and not the Fannings. They are cheaper and are a much better fit!
on May 14, 2014
I have bought many pairs of sandals - only Reefs provide me with the comfort that I'm looking for. Forget the beer opener in the sole - if you use it, you will get premature breaking of the shoe.....consider the bottle opener as just a gimmick
on April 19, 2014
These are my boyfriend's favorite go to sandals. They are super comfortable, the toe divider is nicely made and does not need to be broken in. Made of good quality as he's hard on his shoes, and his last pair lasted almost 2 years.
on December 20, 2013
The Reef Phantom Players weren't on my list, originally. You see, I had my mind set on something a little less "surfy". That is, until I tried these on at the local showroom, I mean, department store. As a larger person, I tend to flatten out smaller / thinner sandals in a short period of time, and no one enjoys walking on thong pancakes. These are thick at the heel, made from what is undoubtedly the best sponge or memory foam man can make. They don't flatten out! Instead, my foot molds around the sandal. Like Pharaoh's chariot, these tote me around in comfort!

The color, well, that's another story. As I wasn't 100% sure how well they'd hold up, I didn't want to spend a considerable amount on sandals. The neon green ones were cheaper, and as such, that's what I purchase. That's a personal preference though, not really relevant to the product itself. If you're curious about the green, yes, it's a neon green. Something you'd associate with radioactive goop.

Finally, the thong doesn't cut into my toes, it's comfortable. And there is arch support. Too many sandals are sold with zero support for your arches. If these were any more supportive and comfortable, I'm unsure I'd ever take them off!