5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published 21 months ago by STL Ace

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Flip-Flops I've even owned.
Published 1 month ago by Brian B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, April 26, 2013
Reef stays true to its brand by making a comfortable and stylish product. I owned these in black before buying this white version. The white is more for pools or areas you won't be mucking through dirtier sand as you can imagine. An important thing to note that you can't see in the picture is the arch support in these. Many flip flops are flat but these contour to your feet. I can jog in them when i need to move quickly and they are comfortable all around. I have lent my second pair out from time to time and the borrower always says how comfortable they are and a few buddies have bought them after trying them on. I will continue to buy a version of these when they wear out but so far, they have lasted 2 seasons (the black pair I bought previously) with no signs of wearing out or breaking like cheaper flip flops. They are true to size.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Flip-Flops I've even owned., December 14, 2014
I'm really disappointed with these flip flops. They broke about month of owning them and I do not wear them often. When I was bending down to pick something up my foot went side ways slightly and it cause the strap to pop-out in the rear. I thought it may have been a defect so I pulled slightly on the strap on the other side to test the strength and it popped out with little effort. I tried both straps on the other flip-flop to confirm the test and they also popped out with very little effort. The rear straps are glued not sewed. Also I noticed the painted layer started peeling off when I was inspecting the straps.

I never owned a pair of Reef's but I assumed they were quality because of the popularity and the high price at the stores. I decided to make the purchase from Amazon since they are half price. I don't know if Reefs are truly good quality or these are knock-offs but I will never buy Reefs again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, June 13, 2014
I bought these last year and left them at a gas station while going to the beach. I had to get another pair. I wear a "10" in shoes and a 10 in these was a bit snug. The 11 adds some strap length and a tad more shoe length which is what I like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Inexpensive!, November 5, 2014
Ive bought plenty of the super cheap foam and plastic 5 dollar flip flops. The problem is I can only wear them for about and hour before the plastic starts to rub my feet raw and extended walking and wearing leads to blisters. The foam soles compress and offer no support or padding.

So I saw these and bought my first pair of these sandals at a Costco in Maui for ~$15. I wore them almost constantly for the whole 8 day trip and they were great. The nylon straps are soft and wide which makes them quite comfortable. The sole is made of a soft non-porous material upper and harder durable bottom. The softer upper has a little bit of arch support and material quickly formed to my feet. The bottoms being new and fair tough were slick at first, but as I wore them in this went away. All of this makes for a comfortable flip-flop.

The problem occurred when I got home from vacation, my dog decided she wanted a taste of Hawaii and proceeded to eat one of the flip-flops. I hopped on Amazon and found the same pair for 19.99, still a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy a size larger, March 16, 2014
Reef sandals fit better than any others, but order a size larger than your normal shoe size. My husband wears a size 11 normally; from experience, he knows he needs a size 12 in these sandals.

They hold my husband's feet in place--way better than other sandals of this type. This is his second pair of this exact style: Not that the first wore out quickly, but we left them in a hotel room somewhere. Obviously, he likes them a lot! He searched out an exact copy here on Amazon.

He likes all Reef sandals, and has several pairs in different colors and materials: The straps are not too long and hold his feet snugly. The piece between the toes is not too tall either, and there is padding on backside of it where it hits against the skin. There is a little rise to fit his instep. The bottom/sole has a bit of cushion to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just LOVE my reef phantoms, December 10, 2014
I just LOVE my reef phantoms. This is the third pair I've purchsed in 6 or 7 years (that seems about right - two to three years or so out of them with heavy wear.) I like these better than the much more expensive Fannings, and better than any other flip[ flops I've tried. The lenghth of the area around the toes is right, which to me seems too short on many flip-flop styles. With the phantoms, sfter a few months of wear the edges start to curl up a little bit and form fit to your foot, making them exceptionally confortable and easy to slip on and off. They do squeek a bit when you first start wearing them, but that seems to go away after a few days, and they are just cool, comfortable flip flops after that. They look nice, feel good, and wear well. Highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy and light weight!, December 2, 2014
I've been a fan of Reefs for years... this model is much lighter than the typical Reef sandle with the bottle opener on the bottom. These tend to feel a bit more snug with I like. The only difference is that they tend to make more of a flip flop sound compared to the traditional reefs since the soles flex more. The traditional reef have more of a rubber sole, where these feel more like a rubbery foam foot bedding. Still super comfy though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit, but scratched him the first time they got wet, August 21, 2014
My son really loved these flip-flops: the fit and colors. We went to Disney with them and he wore them often around the pool and to the water parks. The only issue we ran into is when they got wet the first time. They actually scratched his feet the first time they got wet. After this initial 'breaking in' (?) there wasn't a problem. It was odd so I bring it up for that reason. No problems since then.

1.0 out of 5 stars What Happened to their Quality?, December 29, 2014
I have been purchasing and wearing the Phantom slippers for probably over 5-year. They used to be great quality and would last for at least a year. The last 2-pairs fell apart quickly. One pair still has the sticker on the bottom sole when the strap came apart. The inferior glue used to hold the rear straps easily comes apart. Next Amazon will be shoeglue to try to fix it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is comfortable as mentioned in the reviews, August 29, 2014
Fits just as expected. It is comfortable as mentioned in the reviews. The reason I gave it 3/5 is cause it makes a "flap" sound when I walk on smoother surface (in doors - classrooms) due to the heel part of the flip flop hitting my heel, which is kinda embarrassing, imagine a grown man wearing a shoe that sounds like a kid's shoe that make squeaky sounds....

Reef Men's Phantoms Flip Flop