4.0 out of 5 stars My Summer Favorite!
Published on July 28, 2011 by Ed

Published 10 months ago by Maynard

4.0 out of 5 stars My Summer Favorite!, July 28, 2011
Ed (Surprise, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reef Men's Playa Negra Thong Sandal (Apparel)
I live in Arizona, the Summers are always very warm, my clothing consists of shorts, t-shirt and a pair of flip-flops. I have a good collection of sandals and flip-flops for the season. These are one of my favorite pair. I like the cush on the heal when walking and the fit. I usually wear an 11- 1/2, so I ordered a 12, perfect! These are comfortable and well made----I will buy again. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars most comfortable sandals I've owned, December 22, 2011
I don't normally wear thong sandals because they rub raw after a few hours of walking. I've had these for a bit over a year now and not once have I regretted buying them. The tread is amazingly durable, and hasn't gone away in the slightest. I've probably hit around 500 miles on these things and they are still as comfy as day one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great arch support and super comfortable, but don't get them wet!, November 10, 2013
When I tried these on, I thought they were the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn. They have great arch support and I wore them daily around the house & sometimes outdoors. One day, however I was washing the car and I was standing in water most of the time. I let the sandals dry, and about 3 days later, I noticed they smelled really bad. I think what happened is that all the "bumps" in the textured surface of the footbed absorb a small amount of water and provided a breeding ground for mold/mildew/fungus. The really big problem was that it got transferred to my other shoes & socks. I had to declare war and completely sanitize all shoes & socks I had worn before I realized what was going on. I'm hoping it doesn't come back because it's been a big inconvenience to say the least. I think these would be great to wear as long as you don't get them wet; if you do get them wet, be sure to sanitize as soon as you get home & then dry them in the direct sun for a few days.

1.0 out of 5 stars Reef Phantoms are better, April 19, 2013
I don't like them.

Pros: Look good, soft.

Cons: Very noisy, foot slides on the bumps, sweat fast.

The Phantoms are more comfortable, quiet, and dryer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Durable, long lasting, March 27, 2014
This is my second pair of these. I happened upon my first pair at REI years ago, and only bought them since I had an incredible coupon. So so glad I did. These flip flops are not your regular rubber shoes. They have a thick sole that is fitted and cushioned. The straps are leather (or like leather) and I have never had an issue with rubbing. My first pair lasted 4 years, and I had to throw them away only after I stepped on a 1 inch Mesquite thorn (the shoe still protected me and I thought it was a rock) and realized the bottom was wearing a bit thin. This is a comfortable and stylish waterproof shoe with a thick and anti slip sole to provide support and protection, while still being a "flip flop" for all intent and purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy dress flops and comfortable too =), October 4, 2012
I virtually live in flops. I have a home in South Florida and also spend half the year in Central and South America, needless to say, I am accustomed to hot humid weather and what's better to wear than a good pair of flip flops?? I have burned through many pairs of flops and sandals including Chacos, Tevas, Keens, you name it and while they all have upsides, they also have faults. I can summarize what I like about these Reef Playa Negras: harder rubber compound in footbed does not seem likely to absorb moisture and get funky, textured footbed makes for sure footed walking even in wet conditions or off-roading =), sole is nicely made and offers good traction and a hard durable wear surface and lastly, these flops are pretty classy looking so I have no problem sliding them on with a nice pair pf slacks and heading out for dinner and drinks. I wear a 10 1/2 to 11 1/2 shoe depending upon brand and found these pretty much true to size, the 11 fits well, the 12 would be overkill and clown shoeish...

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best sandals ever, August 15, 2012
This sandal is an all around great design...from the texture of the footbed, to the curved sides, grippy sole, and low key design, it was worth the extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and non-marking, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Reef Men's Playa Negra Thong Sandal (Apparel)
Great fit. In or near the aqua most days and they work/feel great. True size and non-slip insoles work great even when wet. Have had many pairs of Reefs over the years and these are the best to date. Bought the white with gum soles and they're not advertised as non-marking soles but they are non-marking. Was on the boat today. A great plus to boaters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Arch Support, July 12, 2014
These are my third pair of Reef Men's Playa Negra Sandals. I normally wear a 12 EE in running shoes and these fit great. Seemed most of the other brands ran narrow. The other main reason is the stability arch support that I get from these sandals, very comfortable and lots of support. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite flip flops and the price difference was well worth ..., July 12, 2014
I recieved these ahead of scheduled deliery date. my favorite flip flops and the price difference was well worth the wait. my favorite shoes out here in phx.

Reef Men's Playa Negra Thong Sandal