5.0 out of 5 stars Order a size larger!
Great product. Give a lot of support and are not flimsy. My Achilles tendonitis gets a lot or relief from this shoe. Be careful and order a size up b/c they run small..

Update 6/29/14: I just realized that the mystery stains that have been appearing on my light colored berber carpet are from these shoes! Very disappointed!
Published 9 months ago by Jane Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars My feet are turning black from these shoes.
Published 9 months ago by Adverb

5.0 out of 5 stars Order a size larger!, April 14, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the shoes, though they surprised me, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Reef Women's Sandy Sandal (Apparel)
The great thing about Reefs is that they last forever. I bought a pair for $3 bucks at a boardwalk shop at the end of the season six years ago, and they are still going strong. This shoe has many of the same qualities I liked in the original, but the strap was getting dirty on my old pair, so I thought I should buy a new one. (I don't wan't to risk it in the washer, too lazy to hose it off.)

These have the great two layer sole I love. The top layer is about 1/4 inch thick, and it's really soft. After a while, it molds to the shape of your foot and gives some great support, so it has that in common with my Birkenstocks. The second, bottom layer is harder, and it makes sure that your feet never sink to the sidewalk like some cheaper flip flops do after a season of use.

The tread of the flip flop is pretty darn sturdy. It gives you a good grip on everything except wet laminate, so I advise against wearing these inside a public building or university during a rainy Spring day. Not good. But the tread holds up to some pretty abusive surfaces. I've taken them camping many times, and they hold up pretty well against gravel. You shouldn't do too much of it, but infrequent gravel walking won't phase these shoes. (Unlike every other flip flop known to man, except those dweeby looking sports flip flop sandal thingies.)

I don't advise walking in really wet areas with these. They won't be bothered by water at all, but it seems to absorb some moisture, so if you try to go wading or walk through the surf on the shore, don't be surprised if you squeak and slip around a bit.

The material for the straps is quite strong, and the embroidery hasn't raveled at all from my old or new pair. (The only difference between the two seems to be the strap embroidery.) The old pair's embroidery only got dirty after a year of use (my feet seem to attract dirt, so most flip flops are disasters after two uses.) The new pair is still sparkly.

A negative of these flip flops is that there is no arch support, so this is a bad choice for flat or high arched people for long term wear. I have completely flat feet, but I wear these anyways, and as long as I'm not walking for more than an hour at a time (don't wear these to the mall or to go exploring the city all day!) these are pretty decent support.

A positive of these is that the thong of the shoe (that's the word for the fabric part, whatever it is made of) is fabric. Unlike plastic thongs, which can rub against your toes and make them sore, or can be too thick for the space between your toes and be uncomfortable that way, is that the thong is fabric. It's soft on your toes, and you don't particularly notice it at all, which is a good thing.

The heel area of the rubber is a little thicker than the toe area, which works out pretty well for me at least. I find a thicker heel feels better than a completely flat foot bed, but these aren't tall enough that you'll feel uncomfortable at all.

These flip flops do not run small. They run exact. It seems small, however, because a lot of people prefer their flip flops a bit longer and, you know, floppier. You have been warned.

Overall, these shoes are just pretty darn awesome, they just might not fit everyone's needs.

1.0 out of 5 stars My feet are turning black from these shoes., April 23, 2014
I ordered these shoes based on a recommendation from a friend. I wore them today inside my house for a few hours to decide if I liked them, and they turned the soles of my feet black. My heels aren't black from dirt, they're not black from not taking care of my feet. The shoes literally turned my heels black. I can't recommend them at all other than to say they're fairly comfy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite flip flops, April 23, 2014
These flip flops are not your ordinary flip flops. The thick foam makes them incredibly comfortable. I live in these during the summer. Once you try them, you'll never want to wear any other brand!

One thing to be aware of though is that they aren't available in half sizes. I typically wear a 9.5 US, but have had no problems wearing a size 10 in these. They fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars best flip flops!, November 25, 2013
I bought this particular pair as a gift, but I've owned reefs for about 20 years. They are the most comfortable, durable flip flop I've come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars ORDER SIZE LARGER, June 26, 2014
I love Reef flip-flops. I have had many pairs over the years and they've all fit as expected until this pair! Before ordering I read some reviews and they all said to order one size up. I can't ditto that enough times. I wear an 8 or 8.5 so I ordered a 9 and they fit perfectly. An 8 would have been markedly small. Do not risk it. I love these and coudn't be happier that I went against my beter judgement and ordered based on Amazon reviews!

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame on me :o/, June 19, 2014
.......for not remembering how small these run. I can make do, but my heel is at the very back edge. Order a full size larger than you usually wear!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, June 18, 2014
I have a pair of black Sandy's I've had for years. I've hiked in them, walked miles and miles on stone, uneven streets in Europe, and they're a great beach flip flop. If my feet are achy, they are my go to pair around the house. I love how they feel on my arches. They have started to look worn so I purchased these. This size 8 is shorter than the size 8 from the past, but I'm still keeping them- I think the size 9 would be too loose. I like the color, but of course these Sandy's won't match as many clothes as the black ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, June 12, 2014
I bought these sandals years ago in Hawaii and have worn them out. I was very happy to be able to replace them. I do not usually like flip flops because the strap between the toes on many is not comfortable but these are perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Flop-but runs small, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Reef Women's Sandy Sandal (Apparel)
I too bought this and had to return because it was too small. I usually wear a size 6, but had to then order a size 7 after receiving it and being too small. Great quality-just order up a size!

Reef Women's Sandy Sandal