Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Price:$17.56 - $28.00

on May 4, 2014
The great thing about Reefs is that they last forever. I bought a pair for $3 bucks at a boardwalk shop at the end of the season six years ago, and they are still going strong. This shoe has many of the same qualities I liked in the original, but the strap was getting dirty on my old pair, so I thought I should buy a new one. (I don't wan't to risk it in the washer, too lazy to hose it off.)

These have the great two layer sole I love. The top layer is about 1/4 inch thick, and it's really soft. After a while, it molds to the shape of your foot and gives some great support, so it has that in common with my Birkenstocks. The second, bottom layer is harder, and it makes sure that your feet never sink to the sidewalk like some cheaper flip flops do after a season of use.

The tread of the flip flop is pretty darn sturdy. It gives you a good grip on everything except wet laminate, so I advise against wearing these inside a public building or university during a rainy Spring day. Not good. But the tread holds up to some pretty abusive surfaces. I've taken them camping many times, and they hold up pretty well against gravel. You shouldn't do too much of it, but infrequent gravel walking won't phase these shoes. (Unlike every other flip flop known to man, except those dweeby looking sports flip flop sandal thingies.)

I don't advise walking in really wet areas with these. They won't be bothered by water at all, but it seems to absorb some moisture, so if you try to go wading or walk through the surf on the shore, don't be surprised if you squeak and slip around a bit.

The material for the straps is quite strong, and the embroidery hasn't raveled at all from my old or new pair. (The only difference between the two seems to be the strap embroidery.) The old pair's embroidery only got dirty after a year of use (my feet seem to attract dirt, so most flip flops are disasters after two uses.) The new pair is still sparkly.

A negative of these flip flops is that there is no arch support, so this is a bad choice for flat or high arched people for long term wear. I have completely flat feet, but I wear these anyways, and as long as I'm not walking for more than an hour at a time (don't wear these to the mall or to go exploring the city all day!) these are pretty decent support.

A positive of these is that the thong of the shoe (that's the word for the fabric part, whatever it is made of) is fabric. Unlike plastic thongs, which can rub against your toes and make them sore, or can be too thick for the space between your toes and be uncomfortable that way, is that the thong is fabric. It's soft on your toes, and you don't particularly notice it at all, which is a good thing.

The heel area of the rubber is a little thicker than the toe area, which works out pretty well for me at least. I find a thicker heel feels better than a completely flat foot bed, but these aren't tall enough that you'll feel uncomfortable at all.

These flip flops do not run small. They run exact. It seems small, however, because a lot of people prefer their flip flops a bit longer and, you know, floppier. You have been warned.

Overall, these shoes are just pretty darn awesome, they just might not fit everyone's needs.
on April 23, 2014
These flip flops are not your ordinary flip flops. The thick foam makes them incredibly comfortable. I live in these during the summer. Once you try them, you'll never want to wear any other brand!

One thing to be aware of though is that they aren't available in half sizes. I typically wear a 9.5 US, but have had no problems wearing a size 10 in these. They fit perfectly.
on June 26, 2014
I love Reef flip-flops. I have had many pairs over the years and they've all fit as expected until this pair! Before ordering I read some reviews and they all said to order one size up. I can't ditto that enough times. I wear an 8 or 8.5 so I ordered a 9 and they fit perfectly. An 8 would have been markedly small. Do not risk it. I love these and coudn't be happier that I went against my beter judgement and ordered based on Amazon reviews!
on April 26, 2016
I like them alot.I ordered a size larger as others suggested.Im glad I did.I wear a 7 bought an 8, they fit wonderful.They did not turn my soles black like some said.A little gray the first day or so but stopped.They are made really well and very pretty.The mid toe strap hurt a lil at first but after a cple daysthe fabric thinned out so they dont hurt.The sole is nice and thick vs very thin flip flop soles.The arch area fit me fine, I dont have high arches.
on October 12, 2015
LOVE Reef flip flops. The only flip flops i've ever had that I can wear all day, walking at an amusement park, zoo, anywhere. Not too narrow, but not a duck foot either. Great women's cut on the base. The only reason to buy new is when 1) you wear them for years and literally wear out the bottom or 2) someone steps on the back of your shoe repeatedly. Even with #2 happening, i've never had the strap tear out, but it's been stretched out enough that I don't want to wear them anymore. Great price for such a nice flip flop.
on April 14, 2014
Great product. Give a lot of support and are not flimsy. My Achilles tendonitis gets a lot or relief from this shoe. Be careful and order a size up b/c they run small..

Update 6/29/14: I just realized that the mystery stains that have been appearing on my light colored berber carpet are from these shoes! Very disappointed!
on August 26, 2015
I was absolutely ecstatic when I found this on amazon. I had been wearing the same very very comfortable sandals for at least the past ten years (don't judge) and I was very sad to see a few days ago that they had worn through. Finally kicked the bucket. On a whim I thought maaaybe I could find them online. (absolutely absurd idea, because y'know, they were over TEN YEARS OLD) so imagine my surprise when I look for cheap sandals and find it on the first page.

Anyways, these shoes are stupidly comfortable. The foamy top part of the sandal sort of conforms to your foot and just supports it in all of the right places, and the strap is wide enough that you can do pretty much anything and it won't fly off. The bottom of the shoe hard, so you don't have to worry about it wearing down too quickly (hopefully not for another 10 YEARS)

As for the cons, the top part of the shoe has almost a velvety? texture to it, which was definitely unexpected. And I haven't worn them for long but they definitely wear off on your foot and turns it slightly black for a while. I believe this will stop once the shoes are broken in though. It doesn't bother me, but i know for some people this might be a problem. Also ABSOLUTELY ORDER A SIZE UP. I normally wear a size 6 or 6.5, but after reading the reviews I ordered a 7, and it just barely fits (but fits comfortably)

I still love these shoes, the design, the comfort, they're just generally really fantastic.
on January 11, 2016
This is my second pair of the Reef Sandy Sandal. These sandals are terrific. I have had a knee replacement and so I have to be very careful with the kind of shoes I wear. My orthopedic would be happy if I stayed away from the flip flop type of sandals but he is not a women and has no idea what it is like to be able to stick on a pair of sandals and go. I wear these with capris and long dresses. These are my go shoes in summer. I wear them all day and I have even hiked a small 2 mile hike with them on a few occasions and I have no problems with knee or leg pain at all. I wore these all summer and they are still in terrific shape for this coming summer. I would like to share a story with you. I wore these to the river one afternoon as I always have and I lost one. My husband and I couldn't imagine why it never floated up to the top of the water but I was very sad and praying that Amazon still had these same ones available in my size. I came home, threw the other one in the trash. Before I ordered a new pair my husband and I went back over to river the next day and long and behold there it was. My sandal floated to the beach a mile or so down river. I was so happy. Oh no, I threw the other one away, did the trash man come yet? It was trash day. Oh no, we raced home and my husband dug it out of the trash. I threw them in the washer and voila. A perfect pair of flip flops once again. So if you are looking for something comfortable and durable, these are the ones for you. One more thing, I do have a wide foot which makes finding sandals a big challenge. These fit perfect. Almost like a Cinderella story. lol... Take care.
on June 25, 2014
I already had a pair of this style--different color-- that my daughter gave me several years ago. I wear a 6 1/2 and she gave me a 7 and they fit perfectly. These were a 7 but were smaller than the other pair--not so much that I can't wear them, but enough that I'm wearing them around the house to try to stretch the material enough so they fit more comfortably. I still think that an 8 would be too big, so if you're a 1/2 size it's going to require some work to make them fit. Still, the quality is great and I love these shoes!
on October 7, 2014
This brand of flip flops has long been my favorite! They fit great and are comfy for long periods of wear....maybe I was so used to the other ones, but these are not nearly as comfy. They are also about 1/4-1/2 inch shorter than the old pair I have - same size for both of them. I will keep wearing them and hope to break them in a little more, but I'm a little disappointed that my favorite brand has changed the actual size of an 8 to be smaller than it used to be.