Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on January 15, 2006
I'm a loyal flip-flop wearer, but spent many years in uncomfortable cheap ones that were completely impractical for walking everywhere around the city, and fell apart much too quickly. These flip-flops changed my outlook. They lasted through a LONG summer of daily wear without fading or collapsing. The ribbon-y thong is comfortable on the toes, there is just enough arch support to walk for hours, the foot pad gives a little and feels marshmallow-y soft on feet, and the look is feminine, not clunky. I'll be buying another pair this year- and my "old" ones are still in great shape. I just want to be sure I get them in case they ever stop making them!
11 comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2014
Too Small. One size (if not more) too small. I wear an 8 in everything including other flip flops. These are AT LEAST one size smaller. My toe was at one edge and my heel at the back edge.
review image
on April 22, 2005
I've bought several pair thongs over the years but keep coming back to these. as the description says, very feminine look...no clunkiness. I have no problems wearing them with skirts, capris, skinny jeans...they work with everything!

can't leave out that they are so comfortable and sturdy as well..
on April 7, 2008
Better than your typical flip-flop! The sandal gets better over time as the foam bottom conforms to the shape of your foot to give you better support than a flat bottomed flip flop. I also will only buy sandals with cloth straps because it won't chafe my foot and give me horrible blisters. If you're like me and not willing to shell out $40+ for a pair of Rainbows, these are definitely a great alternative. I've been wearing mine for over a year!
on July 15, 2011
I have been in pair after pair of the black Reef Ginger flip flops for well over a decade now. When I first saw their skinny, comfy little strap and the cushiony, arch-supported footbed with durable rubber bottoms I was in love. I even love the little rubber Reef logo tag along the strap. They make me feel like a cool surfer chick even though I've never seen a surfboard in person. I live in the South and I pretty much wear mine from late spring through summer and into fall when I start feeling self-conscious beginning of October and have to switch over to proper shoes. I can get by with one pair every couple years, but they really start to look rough around the middle of that second summer. They casual up a flowy maxi dress and go perfectly with jean shorts or cropped jeans...and pretty much anything else.

These seem to have been slightly altered from the models I've had in the past. Little difference in the fabric strap pattern and the pattern on the bottom rubber piece. No biggie.

They come in whole sizes only. I'm almost always a 7.5 in shoes so I wear the seven and they fit to my foot great. My mom is an 8.5 and wears the size 8 Reefs and they look great. I don't think your heel or toes will fall off if you get the half size down. But I guess that is personal preference if you like to go up and get a roomier pair, say if maybe you have really long toes or wide feet. When I first slip a new pair on the straps are a little snug but they stretch to fit perfectly after one wearing.

Just about as lady-like as a pair of flip flops can get.
on October 27, 2014
I am really glad I purchased these flip flops. I wore them every day I was in Hawaii this month. I love them! I was afraid they might have too much of a platform, but they are solid and look petite on my feet. I will be wearing them all the time!
review image review image
on February 9, 2007
Love these but my only issue is with the fit- they are a bit smaller and more narrow than other Reef's of the same size- I should have ordered up a size with this style. Other than that, they are great.
on May 21, 2013
My main reason for buying Reef sandals is the EVA sole. I'm allergic to latex, and therefore most flip-flops. I had a pair of Reef "Sandy"s a few years back and they were the comfiest thing I ever put on my feet. They weren't, however, stylish.

The "Ginger" has thinner straps and is a far more attractive sandal. It has arch support, the sole is comfortable. It's a very good flip-flop, but not a great one. The sole is just a bit narrow; I have average feet as far as width goes and didn't find it drastic, but did find it noticeable. Also, the thin straps can get twisted up on you if you try to put these on in a hurry.

If you're after something ultra comfortable and good quality, but basic in looks, opt for a pair of Sandys. If you're willing to sacrifice a little bit of comfort for looks, however, Ginger is your girl. I'm happy with these, but I think I'll be happier when I buy another pair of Sandys for those days I'd rather be comfy than stylish.

Verdict: Reef sandals are great; pick your style according to your needs.
on June 5, 2011
I wear 8.5 to size 9. 9's were an entire size too small. They don't issue exchanges, by the time I would return them I'd lose half of what I'd paid in shipping costs, deducted and what I'd have to pay to return. They feel pretty flimsy also!
on August 3, 2015
I like my flip-flops to be wider than my foot in the middle. These are not. The bottoms were stiff and slippery at first but seem to be getting better with wear. I was also hoping the arch support would be better. Disappointed that I spent so much on these.

Size: I'm an exact 8 and my heal is even with the back.
review image