Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on February 29, 2012
I was introduced to Reef sandals some 5 years ago. I was down in the keys and needed some sandals and I found an awesome pair of brown and canvas reefs that were amazingly comfy. Fast forward to present day and I am now a hardcore Reef fanatic and still own the original brown pair and believe it or not they held up or 5 years and are still worn all the time. So I went in search of a new pair and found these.
I read the other reviews and got nervous after I ordered that they wouldn't fit properly because of the arch. NOT AN ISSUE!! I'm not a flat-footed person, so I cant speak for that crowd. I have an average arch and these are fine and made for walking.
I enjoy the look as they are much fancier then the original pair I owned and loved for half a decade.
They do run a bit narrow. They don't have the world in "toe room", but they are OK if you don't constantly spread your toes. You know who you are.
I really think people with flat feet should look into another model of reef sandal, and I'm more then confident you can find a perfect pair for you.
They have a softer, almost squishy top and a hard rubber sole. Ideal for walking. That being said I wouldn't wear these for a day at Disney world and expect my feet not to kill me afterwards, but to wear at a beach party or long walk on a beach or a shopping trip to the mall, sure.
All in all , a good sandal to hang out in and maybe use for very causal parties and get togethers. I'd buy them again.
on October 18, 2010
I am a huge fan of Reef SANDY Sandals, and was disappointed by the Mallory. I bought them in pink for about $10 and they are very cute and thong portion is comfortable. HOWEVER, they are MUCH narrower than Sandys and other Reefs that I have worn. The arch is also much more pronounced than other Reef sandals I have worn. I would return them if I had paid more than $10 (and if it wasn't such a hassle.) I will probably just wear them, but not when I have to walk very far.
on April 9, 2013
I have an old, old pair of flip-flops from Ann Taylor that have wonderful support for arches, and they are are the verge of falling apart. I use these as slippers in the house in the warm months and as I get ready in the morning, before putting shoes on. My arches collapsed years ago and I can't wear the flat-soled flip flops that you find in regular stores. I have been looking everywhere for a comfortable, supportive replacement that wasn't called "orthopaedic" or cost $40 or more, and that was stylish too. I read a lot of the reviews on the Reef Sandals and was excited to find them. As soon as I opened the box, I slipped them on and was immediately happy. They are incredibly comfortable, not only the arch support but the straps too. Their feet and comfort level are effortless - slip them on and you are immediately comfortable. I will definitely be buying more of the Reef Sandals!
on January 19, 2012
I was a little worried about the shoes comfort after reading some replies, but I think it is very comfortable, very soft sole and thong strip, and am very happy. I usually wear a size 8.5, but bought the 8, and even though I am flat footed, these are very comfortable. My heel is just short of the back edge, which some may not like, but I think a 9 may have been too loose. They are very light weight. I don't think the arch support is that big, as another stated...I notice it there, but even flat footed it isn't so large to bother me.
on April 4, 2013
Just received the new Reef flippies for my 12 year old daughter-she loves them! Yes, one can buy flipflops for $2.99 at discount stores but those offer no arch support and rarely last through one summer without falling apart. I have another style Reef flipflops that have lasted 4 years so far. Hint: wash in top shelf of dishwasher monthly to keep clean.
on April 15, 2014
A while back I bought a different pair of Reef thongs and loved them so much I ordered this pair too. Instantly comfortable, no break in period with them. The material between the toes is soft and absolutely no chaffing. The way the are made support and fit so well there is no toe flexing to keep them on while walking. I live in Southern CA, where it is always warm. I hate walking in tennis shoes because of the heat. Now I have sandals that I can slip on and walk for miles with no fatigue in my calves and no shin splints. I love the support, I have a very high arch and this particular pair has an even higher arch support than my first ones, so it's heaven for me. I normally wear a size 8 to 8-1/2 so like reviewers suggested order the next size up, which are a 9 for me. They are a perfect fit. I love the colors in the straps on these, they match just about everything I wear. For my area, these can easily be worn day or night, they look good, not like your typical cheap flip-flops. Very nice shoes!
I have had many pairs of flip flops over the years. I used to buy cheaper flip flops, and while I still like them, some of them are like walking on cardboard. And if you walk on concrete for any length of time, you FEEL it later! I didn't want to move all the way to "support" sandals or "hiking" ones...because they usually are just a little clunky for me. So, I went for Teva Mush . I loved them. But after a month or so, they were flattened out in places (especially the heel.) I don't like that. So I bought another pair...same thing. And while I loved the softness of those, I didn't want to spend every summer buying 2-3 pairs of the same things. And I found these. Plus they put some weird gray stripe on the sole of the "plain" ones...I don't like that.

The 2 styles are very similar...but they are not. I liked that they both have a simple strap (which shows off more of your foot...sexy!) and these have some arch support. And they are soft. These are not as mushy as the Teva Mush, but firm-soft. Like you are walking on a mattress!!! Another nice thing over the Teva ones is that the surface is more solid/smooth. The Teva ones are more sponge-like...so sand gets in those holes and is HARD to get out. Which changes the color slightly. And that shows on a black pair. BUT there is a little trade-off, if your feet and shoes get wet (like at a waterpark or rain or something) these can be a little more slippery. It does improve after you wear them a while.

This is the third year in a row that I have bought these. The old ones aren't worn out (like the flattened Tevas), but the color fades slightly and they do get wear. Salt water and chlorine do make them slightly gray on the footbed. I wear mine ALL the time. I even wear them in the house when I am standing a long time! I do wear a half-size, and I chose a size UP. I don't like it when people's heels are hanging out over the end of the flip flops, so I erred on the bigger size. And they are fine. I bought three pairs actually! The ones on this page, the plain black ones and metallic ones.

These feel SLIGHTLY smaller across the top of my foot than the other two pairs. I am not sure if they are indeed smaller or if the slightly thicker strap just holds my foot in more securely. I have noticed over the years that these soles WILL give a little over time, so the fit gets looser. Not overly so, but it does. I actually bought the metallic ones for my daughter but she has wider feet than I do, and she can't get the straps on comfortably. These were not even close. She often has trouble with straps. So, I guess they are mine. I don't wear a true "narrow" size, but on the narrow end of "medium." My daughter CAN fit in the same size Teva Mush, so she is getting those instead. Even if I have to replace them when they get smushed. So if you have wider feet, and love the style and soft sole, you might want to compare these with those Teva ones and see if those work for you...Amazon does have free returns on these, so that is nice.
on May 12, 2014
They have great arch support which is unheard of in cheaper sandals. If you like wearing better fitting and supportive shoes, as weird as that sounds with a flip-flop, then pass up the dollar store shoes for Reefs. These sandals are squishy on the bottom so they feel good when walking on hard surfaces. I am not a huge fan of shoes between my toes, but these sandals don't rub like other brands. I highly recommend and even bought a pair for my sister.
on July 20, 2013
I love these flip flops, and the straps are so pretty. I have very narrow feet, and I love that Reef flip flops are more narrow than other brands. The straps on this pair seem to fit more loosely than my other Reef flip flops, but they are very comfortable.
on July 17, 2014
I was looking for a flip-flop style shoe that offered support and was stylish and comfortable, this shoe is wonderful. I saw several reviewers who said the arch was uncomfortable for their flat foot, I have a very high arch so I decided maybe it would be great for me, and they work great (the arch could be a tiny bit higher but they are so comfortable and it hits in the perfect spot for my foot). And the tropical color is so pretty, the band is super soft.
I ordered my normal size 8 and they fit just right with no extra sole at the front or back. I will be wearing these until the weather gets to cold