5.0 out of 5 stars Worked!
It worked! Took in the morning around 10 a.m. and didn't see them ever again. I'm not sure how fast it's supposed to work but I didn't seem to have a problem that night getting to sleep. It's been 2 or 3 weeks and they haven't been back. Didn't taste too bad.

Published on August 23, 2010 by Monica

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT work!
Published 6 months ago by Jenova

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked!, August 23, 2010
Monica (LANSING, MI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reeses pinworm medicine full prescription strength liquid - 1 Oz (Health and Beauty)

UPDATE: Pinworms came back after this review BUT I took another dose and now they've been gone for months. I'd recommend taking a second dose after the first week to ensure no eggs are left behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars A God Send, December 5, 2012
If you are researching this product, then you probably have those undesirable symptoms causing you to wonder if you have pinworms.

I suffered through these symptoms for several months too embarrassed to say anything to anyone. At first I thought I was having an allergic reaction to wipes. I changed brands, then tried baby wipes, then quit them all together. Next, I changed my soap. Then I changed to soap free, dye free, fragrance free wash. Then I added a bidet attachment to my toilet. I was having a real hard time because it got to the point that I could not use toilet paper. I jumped in the shower several times a day. Starting using Neosporin and lotion to try to soothe. NOTHING WAS WORKING.

I started searching STD's but I had no other symptoms and everything I found online included other visible symptoms that I did not have. It was only by chance that I came across a comment where someone was brave enough to post that they had worms. After becoming OCD about my cleanliness and not making any progress to returning to normality, I began researching human worms. Very quickly I came across the symptoms of pinworms and realized, OMG, I have worms.

I went to my local pharmacy to see if they had this product. Thankfully, they did. Unfortunately, it says pinworms in big letters displayed across the box. Absolutely no way to be discreet, but I was NOT waiting for USPS to bring me relief. I sucked up my pride and bought it from the store along with some witch hazel. (Reese's Pinworms was located next to the stuff for lice).

I took a dose as soon as I got back home. The taste was okay. Not great, not horrible. I had a glass of water ready to chase it down with. I was a little jittery afterwards, but I think that was just my nerves. Next, it was time to tell the sexual partner. How do you tell someone you have worms? LOL Thank god he took it in stride and just asked what did he need to do.

EVERYTHING in my house was cleaned. All linen, blankets, towels, clothes. Hell, I needed to do laundry anyways. For the next week, towels and wash clothes became single use items. They went straight into the washing machine after use. Underwear was worn 24 hours a day and changed every morning and night and placed directly into washing machine. Clean pants and clean pajama bottoms everyday.

Did this product work? YOU BET IT DID! This product does not help with the symptoms of pinworms, just the cause of the symptoms, the worms. So, the itch was still present but steadily decreased and was gone in about 48 hours. The witch hazel really helped soothe in the meantime. It's been a week, and I am happy to say, I am finally normal again. In another week (two weeks after my initial dose) I will take another dose to kill any new hatchlings. I'm taking no chances.

This product was only enough to treat one man and one woman one dose each.

WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE! I really hope I picked this up from a child and not an adult who should know better. So gross. I have become paranoid about germs now. I always laughed at the people who used paper towels to open the bathroom door to leave after they washed their hands. I won't be laughing any more!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really WORKS!!!!!, February 16, 2012
ela92 (SOUTH CAROLINA) - See all my reviews
Took it in the moring by the afternoon it was working. Keep in mine// its better to take when your home, it will make you use the restroom alot /: but it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please read if you want help, July 3, 2014
My Amazon (POTTSVILLE, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
Please read this before you treat for pinworms!
One of the kids brought these nasty creatures home and infected the whole family. We used prescription Albenza from the ER doc (i dont know how, but i talked him into writing a prescription for usall) because we have insurance, but their dad is uninsured and couldnt afford the $500, prescription so I split mine with him and used this as our second dose.
The best defense against reinfecting yourself is obsessive hand, bedding and towel washing, avoiding pools or shocking them weekly and investing in a steam mop. Take the mop pad off the bottom and steam EVERYTHING with it. Mattresses, blankets, walls, door knobs, floors, hampers, your car steering wheel, gear shift - everything in there- all tv remotes, phones, computer keyboards, kids toys, steam over carpets, throw rugs... Refrigerator handles... Blast every inch of every surface with steam and clorox wipes! wash hands before eating obsessively, every morning when you or the kids wake up, go straight to the bathroom... Use the toilet, wash handa, wash everyones bottoms either in the shower or pour water down thwir backside while sitting on the toilet and dry with TP... and most importannt.. 24 hours after taking your medicine, you MUST flush these nasty buggers out of your body with laxative tea or mass quantities of apple juice... Eat bananas or oatmeal with yogurt, pumpkin seeds and garlic (must be freah garlic.. Make spaghetti),for an entire week! This medicine doesnt kill pinworms... It paralyzes them so they lose their grip on your intestinal wall, so you must -must - must flush them out. It will not kill eggs that may have been ingested between the week before your first dose or the week after your first dose... Thats why a second dose is necessary in 2 more weeks. The precaution to seek medical advice before dosing again is only to protect the company from liability. TAKE IT AGAIN!!! The medicine isn't a quick fix... You have to put a lot of effort into freeing yourself and family of parasites and keeping them away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Slept through night, January 17, 2013
Hi, I have a child who itches at night and giving him one dose made him sleep through the night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Company!, July 30, 2013
Reese Chemical is a very caring company! Thank you very much for your concern and working with me. I really appreciate all your assistance!

5.0 out of 5 stars immediate help, August 20, 2013
This product effectively removed all symptoms of worms within 24 hours with very little side effects. It does have a slight aftertaste but is otherwise palatable.

4.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, April 25, 2011
Well I had pin worms for years, because I'm one of those people too shy to go to anyone, even a doctor, for such an embarrassing problem. So I looked online and found this stuff so I gave it a try. I did one dose and I was pin worm free for months. Today I learned I have them again! Nooo! But I believe it's due to this place a had to clean and watch their animals so I do believe this stuff works. I took another dose today and am sure it will work again as it did the first time. So if you're having this problem, I do recommend this product! The medication tastes like Bananas Lol but after about 30mins to an hour I start to get a little queezy. It works though so I can deal with that. I'm for sure going to make sure I have this stuff on hand for any time I happen to get these again.

Update: I took a second dose since this review and have been worm free ever since! So, yes, I do recommend this product. It's easy to use, cheap, and works great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT work!, May 8, 2014
I've bought this product twice from my local Walgreens; 4 doses in total, each dose two weeks apart. I still can't get rid of the pinworms! And no one in my family has them, so it's pretty hard to believe that I am reinfecting myself. I think they're just staying in my gut and refusing to leave. I have no idea where I even got them from. (I assume I got it from some restaurant.)

Anyway, this was a total waste of money. I guess the only good thing is that it's decreased the total number of worms, but I want them gone for good. I've read online that pinworms can be incredibly difficult for adults to get rid of. Maybe next time, I'll chug the entire bottle. That or I'll have to wait until I can afford healthcare and get a prescription.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. This is such an annoyance.

-----
TMI update 8/7/2014:

R.R.G. suggested that I use Vaseline. Tried that for over a month, had it on 24/7, and that did nothing for me (sadly). I even increased my intake of raw garlic and roasted pumpkin seeds during that time. It was... ineffective. The Vaseline only relieved the itch and confirmed my suspicion that I'm one of the "rare" cases that has to deal with retroinfection. I take showers in the morning (which doctors highly recommend for people who are infected) to make sure I get rid of any eggs. But, that's also ineffective for those of us who deal with retroinfection, considering that the eggs hatch after 4-6 hours, which means you'd still be asleep when you get reinfected! Anyway, I saw that some people online used Noxzema (or Vicks) instead. I thought that was crazy, but not as crazy as sticking a clove of garlic up your butt. So, I tried it, putting it on only at night. I was afraid that Noxzema would burn or irritate my skin, but it didn't. It's been a little over 2 weeks now, and it really seems to be working. Now, I very rarely see pinworms. While I took Reese's Pinworm Medicine, I would still see at least one or two pinworms daily, and then, they would come back in full force. But now, I see none most of the time. Hopefully, it stays that way.

I saw a doctor, and she required me to take a stool sample. I'm actually afraid that the test will come up negative, and I won't be able to get medication to eradicate the pinworms permanently. Maybe Noxzema is effective enough for me. I just don't know how long I have to do this, because all the sources online seem to disagree on how long pinworms actually survive in the gut. I'll update again in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, August 26, 2014
followed instructions, did not work for me.

Reeses pinworm medicine full prescription strength liquid - 1 Oz
$8.95 $8.50
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.