Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 14, 2011
I was quite excited to read this book. It looked to have a lot of really interesting and useful information. From a publisher that has hundreds of great books about technology, programming, and other technical subjects.

I stopped reading at page 5. Normally I have a lot of understanding for non-english speakers, especially when it comes to writing. I want to share with you a single sentence that made me stop reading this book.

When our code smells good, everything smells around him, we can make happy our leaders doing to
grow rapidly the software, according to the needs of business logic, we can have more time to spend with
what we value, like family, returning home quietly in the evening, without overtime, we can have better
health, preventing sickness liver and hair loss.

One sentence. I really like the part where it's mentioned that having good smelling code can help prevent sickness liver and hair loss.

Anyways. The writer may be sharp and on the ball, but whoever edited this text should be shot.

The End
on April 28, 2014
I should have listened to the experience of another reviewer that complained about the horrible editing. Broken English is usually pretty tolerable, but it's absolutely unbearable in this book. I really, really wish I never bought it.
on November 10, 2012
This book is one my main books regarding to PHP, really I feel how my code now is much better than before, and my knowledge is deeper.
on September 29, 2011
The book has not only giving advices to write better code also explaining solution advises to the problems that could be experienced by everyone else. Refactoring is a sub topic in php and this book may be the only resource that you can read.

That one line (with its explanation) worth that i paid for : Code is Money