4.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought this cheesecloth and used it for cooking
Published on January 16, 2010 by E. Wang

3.0 out of 5 stars 9 Sq Ft; 1 Sq Yd
Since the size of the cheesecloth is not in the product description, I thought I'd let everyone know that the product is actually 9Sq Ft (1 Sq Yd) Which makes it slightly more expensive than the other cheesecloths on the site.
Published on December 1, 2010 by Jason Tien

3.0 out of 5 stars 9 Sq Ft; 1 Sq Yd, December 1, 2010
This review is from: Regency Natural Ultra Fine 100% Cotton Cheesecloth 9sq.ft (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought this cheesecloth and used it for cooking, January 16, 2010
E. Wang (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
and I can say that, having used two other types of cheesecloth, this is a pretty darn good find. I was half expecting the weave to be a little finer than it is, given that "Ultra Fine" is in its name, but in practical usage it's plenty fine enough. Any finer and you should just use a coffee filter, and even though a coffee filter will get you a slightly clearer product, the yield from this cheesecloth isn't far off at all (and you'll get your liquid strained in a fraction of the time it'd take to drip through a paper filter). It most definitely is, however, noticeably clearer than what you would get from using plain jane supermarket cheesecloth. Just tonight we had hotpot (like a Chinese version of shabu shabu), and I used this cheesecloth to strain out all the gunk in the broth from cooking red meat... it also managed to capture a good deal of the oils floating on top. It's also sturdy enough that I could gently scrape the cheesecloth with a spoon while straining to prevent it from getting totally clogged up and speed up the process. I've yet to do any gelatin clarification with this cloth, but I'm sure it'll perform perfectly well (if I don't update to the contrary, assume no news is good news). Besides, a tiny bit of opacity in the broth is totally acceptable in my home as long as there aren't any separating bits of random sediments settling at the bottom. Personally, I'll take broth over consomme any day for the better mouth feel, but I digress.

Anyway, great cheesecloth, reasonably sturdy, not too absorptive, fine weave... I'll most definitely be stocking up on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality., May 12, 2011
L. Beck (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
Larger than I expected, but pleasantly surprised. The weave is tight, though I have found myself doubling from time to time (which is where the extra length comes in handy). I use it to make ricotta and other simple cheeses, straining fruits and veggies, etc. Just rinse it out and drape it somewhere to air dry. Love it and take care of it and it'll lasts forever.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pricey! Not Enough! Grade Please!, August 24, 2011
This works well for what I wanted. To keep bugs out of jars and still allow air in.

With that being said, the amount of cloth is teeny tiny.

Would I say it is "Ultra Fine"? No. They should just put thread counts or something more definitive that is not subject to interpretation. One person's ultra fine could be someone else's "wide open not fine at all."

Oh here we go, wikipedia has a cheese cloth grading system:

Grade Vertical × horizontal threads per inch
#10 20 × 12
#40 24 × 20
#50 28 × 24
#60 32 × 28
#90 44 × 36

Not sure if this is accurate but I am sure it is better than the description here on amazon. Ultra fine? Whatever that means.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Fine As Advertised., January 8, 2011
Louie52 (East Windsor , NJ) - See all my reviews
I use this primarily to strain and thicken homemade yogurt and for the occasional bouquet garni. Cheesecloth can get pretty pricey but this one is good quality and a good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Ultra Fine, July 8, 2012
If you're actually going to make cheese with this cloth and need "Ultra Fine" (#90) cloth this is NOT it. This cloth specs out at 32x28 tpi making it a "Fine" (#60) grade cloth.

Other than being fallaciously marketed, the cloth itself is a decently durable, and appropriately made #60 cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for pressing fruits, October 7, 2010
I have a large fruit press that has been custom built. I use 3 of these cheesecloth to put around the interior of the press to prevent the fruits to go through the wood spacing and it works really well. They are pretty sturdy but will eventually wear out after heavy duty usage which is expected.
Good product at the right price.

1.0 out of 5 stars price and missing information in description of cheesecloth is misleading customer on the size of product, March 17, 2010
The price of cheesecloth is misleading customer on the size of product!! since there is no size description on Amazon and the price is $9.99, I thought there should be several pieces of cheesecloth holding in one box. When I received it, I was shocked... only one piece of cheesecloth?!! and they are selling at $9.99??!! You can find the same 1 pc of this product everywhere and only sold for $2 each... five times over-priced... I think the price and the missing information in description of cheesecloth is misleading customer on the size of product. I would return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defintely not "Ultra Fine", January 31, 2012
I was looking for a cheese cloth to filter fine particulates from liquid.. this product would barely filter tea leaves at best. Ended up using an old T-shirt...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., October 19, 2011
I've been fighting with different pieces of cloth, trying to strain Soymilk made from fresh beans. In my small town, the only cheesecloth I could find is the kind at paint stores, which is really crude. This product is not like that, it's the real thing, designed for cooking. It's large enough to double or quadruple fold where needed. And the Soymilk strains out perfectly!