‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Regeneration rocks!, October 7, 2005
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
I love this CD! The message is awesome and it sounds great too. Many people tell me that they don't want to buy this CD because its almost all remix (1 new song)but that's a mistake. These remixes are so much better than the originals, in my opinion.

OK... here we go

1. One Girl Revolution- 3/5 Not my favorite but it has a good beat. Tricia sings great but its not the best on here.

2. Get Up- 4/5 one of my favorites! Great sound here and Max Hsu producer has a solo at the end. Its so much fun to listen to! (also great to exercize to)

3. Me Against the World- 4/5 This is one of the bands hits! You've almost surely heard it on the radio at some point. When you mention Superchick this song comes to mind for people who don't know the band well. Catchy tune, good lyrics

4. Barlow Girls-4/5 This song ROCKS because KJ-52 raps at the end! Plus its so much fun- better than the one on Karaoke Superstars in my opinion. Great abstinence lyrics for teens but fun song for everybody. If you've heard of the Christian rock band Barlow Girl, this song was written for them.

5. Stand Up- 3/5 For those of you who had heard "So Bright" on Last one Picked, you will like this. Its the same song but you wouldn't know it. The extra verse is awesome where the guys sing it and it puts a little hard rock into the former pop version.

6. I belong to you 2/5- This is not my favorite song on the album, but Superchick's weak ones are still great! Its a good song but I think it sounds similar to the one on Last One Picked. Still, its a nice break from the beat of the CD and the Brock sisters sound great.

7. Princes and Frogs- 4/5- This is a song sung only by the guys that was written for Tricia and back on Last One Picked it was called "Song 4 Tricia (Princes and Frogs)" Good lyrics- good beat. About 2 minutes longer than the other one and a lot more developed.

8. One and Lonely 5/5- This song is GREAT!!! I love it and its one of my favorite on the Cd. However, the last track (9) still wins for my fav. Great message for girls but fun for everyone.

9. Hero 5/5- Ok I have to say this is my favorite. It is awesome. So dramatic but if you can handle that its a great message about trying to prevent suicide and the young people standing up. "join the fight for what's right..." I love it. I think its Matt who raps at the end and its fun to hear! He sound like Eminem to me...

This is a great CD. Its fun for everyone and a great gift- I've given it to a lot of my friends. Buy today- you won't be sorry! Hope I helped with your decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Superchic[k] ever!!!, October 21, 2003
David Lindeman (Key Largo, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
I picked up this album today, and I am EXTREMELY pleased. I have always loved Superchic[k], but even more so now. All of the mix's are great and have an awesome beat to them. One song that has always stuck out to me, even more so now, is "Hero". It makes me think about the way I treat kids at school (High)and how some can be pushed too far. Towards the end of the song one of the guys starts rapping but you need to listen to what he is saying. It touched me deeply, and now I am going to live my life differently. No one deserves the treatment that some peole get in highschool. How does anyone know what they are going through right then and there? You have to love them for what you know about them, reach out to them and ask 'em how their day is going or whatever. I have a few kids in my school that are constantly the butt of jokes, no matter what. They never did anything to deserve what is said about them. I am making it a point in my life, now, to talk to everyone at school, and not judge ANYONE anymore, until I know them well enough to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a regular band, but much much more, December 20, 2006
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
This is not just some band that a few kids decided to do when they were bored, they had a mission: to share God's word. When you listen to the songs, they have a deep meaning that, if you're in the right mood, will stir you internally. Songs:

1. One Girl Revolution 3/5

2. Get Up 5/5

3. Me Against The World 4/5

4. Barlow Girls 5/5

5. Stand Up 4/5

6. I Belong To You 10/5 :)

7. Princes And Frogs 3/5

8. One And Lonely 5/5

9. Hero 1000000/5

As you can see, I really enjoy the song "Hero." If you listen to it, you'll know why. I think it just sounds so real; that that's really what goes on in schools (especially middle or high school) and we don't stand up for the ones who don't for themselves. It just makes me think how much better our world would be if we were all "Heros."

I also enjoy the song "I Belong To You." I can so relate to what is being sung. I do feel the way it says; (life is hard just to get through, I'm glad that I belong to You...) I mean, I don't feel like that a lot, but when I do, I know God will hear my cry in the middle of the night. Great meaning, and I love the guitar in it.

All the songs are good, just some slightly (or greatly) better than others. If you've never heard this CD or don't own it, I'd strongly advise it, for it not only provides great listening music, but an inspirational meaning within the songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars should be longer, but MAN is it SWEET!, March 29, 2004
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
Ok, don't buy this expecting the typical "remix" deal: take good songs, make decent dance tracks out of them. Nononono, my friends, this is not the case here. They've REGENERATED the songs into totally new feels and formats. The production here is UNBEATABLE, Max Hsu and F. R. Shippen, two of the best there are. I hope Max gets more opportunities to produce, and if I can choose a producer for MY stuff, he's where it's at. Anyway, the songs are mostly heavier here, and almost all the songs are better than the originals. I will say "I belong to you" has lost some of the worshipful edge, so that's not as good, and "Barlow Girls" is just a lot funkier (i think the "skwid" they have play drums on this track is formerly from PAX 217). The drummer this time out is way better than their old one, which has always been my only complaint about the band, a lack of innovative drumming. And they show off their versatility with screaming, rapping, and other cool stylistic changes. All in all, a great cd, great for anyone looking for ideas on how to freshen up old songs. Wish it were a longer cd, but that's always a problem with everyone except Saviour Machine. So yeah, it's not just the pop-punk superchic[k] has perfected, it's broader than that this time out. I dunno if it's their best, Last One Picked was AMAZINGLY TERRIFIC. Great cd, that. Anyway, it's all good, most of the songs are great. Here's a quick breakdown:
One Girl Revolution: the original is one of my least favorite Superchic[k] songs, glad they livened it up and used some good double-bass drum work.
Get up: Better than the original, which is amazing cuz the original is just awesome. Nice fast-punk ending.
Me Against the World: Great new song. Awesome production.
Barlow Girls: funky funky funky, with KJ-52 doing a guest appearance.
Stand Up: Not better or worse than the original, just DIFFERENT. The original is SO tight, and this is tight but in a Linkin Park kinda way. It's also pretty long.
I Belong to You: kinda "aloof" feeling, the chorus never really moves in, that's the way the song was WRITTEN, so I like the original better.
Princes and Frogs: originally "Song 4 Tricia", this has gone from acoustic punk to normal superchic[k] sound, and added a second verse. Great Harmonies, another chance for the guys to show their worth.
One and Lonely: Again the original was SOOO GOOD! But this is good too!
Hero: Different, but still good. You have to decide.
That's all, I'm out, buy it, it's good, especially if you're an indie-producer, lots of good ideas here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even mom likes it, October 27, 2006
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
I discovered this group when I heard their new song "Stand in the Rain" playing on KLOVE, the Christian radio station. I then realized they sing a lot of songs I recognize. They reminded me of some bands I listened to back in college. They have a good sound but a positive message. I'm in my 30's and I appreciate them a lot. Whether you are an adult going through hard times like divorce or a kid just getting through high school, you will definitely appreciate their music. I downloaded all their available cd's off Itunes. They repeat songs on their albums which means you will sometimes get multiple copies of a song if you purchase all their CD's but they tend to be a different remix so it's still ok to have both.

Best songs on this album in my opinion:
Get Up
Stand Up
Princes and Frogs
Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars super chick, April 8, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
The name of my cd is super chick. This is a good cd because it has funny songs and is a down right awesome cd. I have not seen a better group or songs before. I give this cd five stars. this can change a kids way of looking at things. It can also help them find out who is god.this the best music that I have ever herd. The price is 9.98 it was released in October 21, 2003the label is Inpop so many people love this cd in fact 11,766 people bought this cd on amazon not even counting the one at other store .so now I am going to tell you what I think about the songs so here I go ok the first song is called [one girls revolution]it is a good song it is also in a lot of movie that you may have seen. And it gives girls a reason to try.

The next song is called[ get up] this is a great song it is telling girls that they should neaver give up they can get throw any thing even if they fall they can try again. the third song is called[me against the world]this is also a great song anyone can change the world if they try even if people think that you can't do it .just believe and have faith. The fourth one called[Barlow girl]this is a song for any girls that wants to follow in Gods word and has a great beat. The fifth one is called[stand up]this song is about every one should try to follow in the word and to neaver give up on him this is a hard rock song. this has a great beat but not really that good. The sixth one is called [ I belong to you]this song is about that everybody belongs somewhere that's why he is here for you anytime you need him. the seventh one is called[princes and frogs that you should wait until boys grow up before you should kiss them. the eighth song is called [the one and lonely] this is a cool song it is being yourself and not caring what others think about you. The last song is called [hero] this is the best song of them all it is saying that you should not pick one people you need to care about there felling and not just caring about yourself. This is a rock song and is 4:28 I think that every body should listen to this cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Superchic[k] album!, May 29, 2004
J Lee Harshbarger (Ypsilanti, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
I have liked Superchic[k] since I've first heard them. In fact, their first album, "Karaoke Superstars," was on my list of Favorite CDs of 2001 (see my Listmania list). Their second album, "Last One Picked" was also good, but the lyrics were so focused on the situations of junior high and high school students, that for someone like me years beyond that era, I couldn't relate to the album as well, although I still enjoyed the music a lot.
This remix album takes 3 songs from "Karaoke Superstars," 5 songs from "Last One Picked," and their song found on the "Legally Blonde 2" soundtrack ("Me Against The World"). Except for "Me Against The World," the other 8 songs are all remixed, but not in a way that is typically done with remix albums. Rather than turning the songs into dance tracks, it takes the eternally optimistic and shiny happy music of Superchic[k] and roughs it up, puts a harder edge onto it. (The graffiti style lettering on the front and back album cover is certainly an appropriate artistic expression of how they've spiced up the music!) The prime example of this is how they've reworked "So Bright (Stand Up)"--just called "Stand Up" on this CD--into something that sounds like P.O.D. or PAX217. The original version of that song didn't do much for me, but I really like this version of the song! In other songs I liked the originals, but the new versions are even better, for example "One Girl Revolution," also given a harder edge, and it works well.
Not all songs are given a harder edge. "Princes And Frogs" is not heavier, just different. "Barlow Girls" is made more campy, with piano and group vocals brought up front and some funky electronic sounds added. But even here, the KJ-52 rapping interlude is heavier and edgier.
The album has a stunning ending: a remix of "Hero" that takes a song that sounds quite bright on "Last One Picked" despite its serious message, and on this album makes the whole song more sober and brings it to a dramatic, chilling conclusion that gives completely new life to the song, making its message infinitely more powerful, and giving the album a magnificent ending. Reviewer David Lindeman described the lyrical aspects of the song so well, I'll just say, read what he said. It's so on the mark.
Though I enjoyed the first two Superchic[k] albums, I like this one even better and listen to it more. Superchic[k] brought to a whole new level! Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to your intro to Superchic[k]!, January 5, 2005
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
This was my first Superchic[k] cd. I have been following the

group since first hearing them on Acaza internet radio. The first song I ever heard from the group was Barlow Girls and I fell in love with the sound and the message.

I got to see the band last spring and was even more nuts about them. I think the first album I heard was Karaoke. However, when an opportunity arose to buy this album at a really reasonable price, I jumped onboard.

For christmas, one of my kids bought for me a second CD - and it had many of these same songs, only the 'original' releases.

I find that I really like the remixes of the songs much much better.

My fav song on this CD is Princes & Frogs - but I listen to the entire cd all the time on my mp3 player.

This is a must have album in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars This rocks!!, May 13, 2006
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
I LOVED it!!! I just got addicted to Superchick by a friend and once I listened to the cd I was hooked. The songs are great. There was only one that I didin't like but that's ok. My favorite one is number 9 "Hero" It sends out a strong message and it's dramatic. The thing it's cristian but it's still good. For any teen girl. Buy this cd and you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice surprise..., January 15, 2005
Amandita (Joppa, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
I was weary on getting this CD since it's just re-mixes of their songs on other albums. However, when I saw it for a cheap price at Best Buy, I decided to buy it. I absolutely love this CD. All the re-mixes make the songs sound even better. My favorite song is "Stand Up" which is perhaps their hardest rock song on the album. I do not like the "Barlow Girls" or "Princes and Frogs" songs - it has nothing to do with the issue at stake (premartial sex) or the remixes; I just think the songs really have no substance.

If you've never heard Superchick before, despite their lame name (c'mon, you gotta admit, they could have been more creative with their name), they are worth checking out. They tackle such issues as premarital sex, failure, the "unreality" of the images of girls in today's society, and changing the world. Big issues for a Christian rock band to tackle but they do it well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Regeneration
Regeneration by Superchick (Audio CD)
Click for more info