5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive skin? Read this!
Published on February 14, 2007 by A. D. Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it but concern on some of the ingredients
Published on August 31, 2009 by Sbeyond

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive skin? Read this!, February 14, 2007
I am 39 years old and have very sensitive skin, and because of that I had been using fragrance-free products by Clinique. I always thought I looked pretty young until I saw a picture of myself at 29. My skin was so much better looking! After doing some research I decided to give this a try based upon the favorable reviews, low cost and the fact that it's fragrance free. (Perfumed lotions make me sneeze).

After one use, I noticed a few things. My skin did tingle slightly for a couple of hours, but it wasn't painful; just mildly annoying. But there was no rash or irritation. My cheeks looked a bit red, however it appeared more like a natural tint. The second thing I noticed is that my skin almost immediately looked better! I know that sounds crazy. I also didn't need to put on any blush because of the tint I mentioned. As the day wore on, the tingling went away. (I also started using Neutrogena Light Night Cream for a moisturizer- it's fragrance-free, and doesn't have sunscreen which I don't need every day.)

I applied it the next morning again and noticed the same things. I decided to try it every other day and have to say I REALLY notice a difference! My skin looks almost as good as my pic from ten years ago.

I think the minor discomfort I mentioned is due to my sensitivity to most products, but because I am so pleased with the results I'm sticking with it.

Update: After using this for a week I no longer have any sensitivity and my skin is incredibly soft and luminous!

Update 11/2013: I'm going to be turning 46 and still use and love this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite serum, October 11, 2014
This serum works well with my skin to keep it looking young while smoothing fine line and wrinkles. I have combined it with this amazing eye serum Oculift - Doctor recommendedd Eye Serum for Diminishing dark Circles, Puffiness, Bags, Fine Lines and Wrinkles. The combination of these products has given me amazing results. My skin looks firmer and more radiant, and the wrinkles and puffiness around my eyes are gone. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fine lines and overall skin appearance, January 7, 2008
After one month of daily use, here is my verdict: This stuff works. It's not magic, it's not a miracle, it doesn't transform every wrinkle and age spot. But it makes your skin look BETTER than before, which is all we can really hope for, isn't it?

I've noticed a somewhat dramatic change in the fine lines around my eyes (no, I don't use a separate eye cream). They are smoother and much less noticeable. The few age spots I've developed seem to be lighter. Overall, looking at my face in the mirror now, I sometimes have to do a double-take because my skin looks so much better and brighter. The permanent dark circles under my eyes are even lighter.

I have acne prone skin and I was nervous about using a new moisturizer, but quickly found that my skin actually CLEARED UP while using this product. Likely, it was due to my regimented focus on skin care in general, but this did NOT contribute to any breakouts at all.

This is one product I can see myself using for a very long time.

Update: Four years later, and I'm still using this product regularly. I stopped for a few months at one point and found my skin started to look somewhat dull. Being in my 40s, this is prime aging time, but I don't feel that my face is betraying me anymore. I have to give Olay a little bit of the credit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Skin Serum, October 14, 2014
This serum really helps my skin look great. I wasn't expecting to see results for at least a month after first using it but, to my big surprise, I started noticing a significant reduction in the fine lines and wrinkles in my forehead and around my eyes and mouth. A friend suggested using with an eye serum Oculift - Doctor Recommended Eye Serum for Diminishing Dark Circles, Puffiness, Bags, Fine Lines and Wrinkles. and the combination of these products has given me amazing results. The serums work amazingly well and are making me look younger!

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it but concern on some of the ingredients, August 31, 2009
I used this product and love it. When my cousin told me that some of olay products contains ingredients that are deemed as "cancer causing in animal" and organ toxicity etc.... according to skin deep web site. I google those ingredients and found that four ingredients cyclopentasiloxane(first ingredient), Ethyparaben, propylparaben and methylparaben(actually banned in Europe to be used in skin product) are the bad ingredient. I am now totally torned as I love it on my skin and concerned that it might be the causes for my fribromygia. So, I hope Olay will remove these ingredients and produce some product that are green and non-toxic.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pre-Makeup Moisturizer, June 16, 2011
CMCM (Nevada City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I'm now 62. I have excellent, wrinkle free skin which I attribute to 3 main things, and if you are much younger and want to reach 62 with good skin, I'd advise you to read these 3 things and consider following them:
1) I never was a sun worshipper in my youth. In my teens and 20's, we didn't have the knowledge about sun damage that we have now. In fact, when I was a teen people slapped on suntan OIL to increase the sun's effects! Lucky for me, I just hated baking in the sun so I rarely did it. I've only had a few real "tans" in my life. I always hated being so white, but of course now I'm glad about all this in retrospect. So the lack of suntanning was possibly the #1 thing that was good, and that was actually pure luck as it turned out. Now, when I'm in the sun I really slather on the highest SPF possible and I just don't allow any tanning to take place.
2) I was never a smoker, and I was also a very light, occasional drinker. Lifetime smokers (particularly women) really do pay for this indulgence in their later years. Drinkers as well.
3) A certain degree of good genes probably helped, but I think it's mainly lifestyle, ladies. Everyone I know who was either one or more of these...a constant sun worshipper, a regular or heavy drinker, a smoker....these people now look 15 to 20 years older than I look. I am always mistaken for my 35 year old daughter's sister. My daughter has girlfriends who have been solid drinkers, and they now look older than I do. Drinking takes a toll on your skin. My suntanning/drinking/smoking classmates now greatly regret doing these things because of the cumulative bad effect it had on their looks. I didn't know my own lifestyle would so positively affect my skin 25 to 30 years later, but I'm oh-so-glad I made the choices I made. It was just luck, I guess, but those of you in today's world have the knowledge about all this and can affect your own outcome years down the road!

The next thing I feel has been hugely beneficial in keeping my skin great is that when I was in my mid to late 40's, I started using Retin A on a daily or every other day basis, and Retin A is now pretty affordable (generic now, but still prescription, though). A small tube goes a long long way because you use very little and spread it on your skin very lightly, and after the initial redness that goes with adjusting to its use (this ends fairly quickly), it is pretty much the only "miracle" product out there for good skin because it stimulates collagen production, a thing which diminishes with age and leads to wrinkled, less firm skin. Retinol products are good but much weaker, so go for the real thing. Get a prescription for Retin A and consider it a big part of your anti-aging regimen, but know that your results won't be as good if you continue to get suntans, if you smoke, if you drink a lot. You've got to make choices if you want good skin. Don't do body-damaging things and then expect to find a miracle cream to erase the damage magically...that's not going to happen with any product at any cost. No matter what they say in the ads, there is no real magic, and the closest thing to magic is good lifestyle choices and Retin A. Don't damage your skin, clean it properly, moisturize it properly, protect it properly with sunscreen.

Now to this Olay serum: I have extremely sensitive skin, so my challenge has always been to find good products that moisturize (more has been needed as I have aged) but don't irritate. Over the last 15 years I have tried an incredible array of "magical" products, especially the expensive ones in the department stores, brands including Lauder, Lancome, Chanel, Clinique, Mac, Prescriptives, Creme de la Mer, everything out there. The cost was horrendous trying these things, and most of them irritated or did nothing exceptional I could observe, and a great many of them were very irritating and I had to return them. I realized I merely needed moisture on my skin after a point and I needed something that didn't irritate or look greasy.

This Olay serum in its unscented version is THE best I've found, in the end. I use it in the morning only, and it is the best base for moisturizing prior to putting on foundation. It isn't the only product I use, by the way. I put it on LAST because of its silky texture. Before it, I use a moisturizer or sunscreen first. These days I use a mineral makeup (although I can get away with no makeup at all, and in fact, for most of my life I never used foundation). This serum goes on great with this product as a final base and leaves a lovely, silky texture. It never irritates. I usually buy 3.4 oz bottles at Costco for around $29 and it lasts for 6-8 months or more. There may be equally good buys on Amazon, which has the advantage of no tax.

I've tried most of the other Olay creams and lotions, and I like this one best.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Man's Perspective, January 13, 2011
Nick (Falls Church, VA) - See all my reviews
I'm of the rare breed of man that actually cares about what his face looks like, and wants to look as young as possible. I've been using this product every morning for probably 5 years. I'm 36 and a light smoker. I began using it when I started to see some fine lines around my eyes. I think there are a lot of B.S. products out there that prey on the desperate in such a situation, but honestly, this product WORKS. I always get comments from people that I have really good skin and those who don't know my real age always guess I'm in my mid-twenties. It's the perfect consistency - not too thick, glides on easily and absorbs quickly into your skin. It doesn't make your face shiny, or oily. What I love best is that a little goes a long way - you only need a tiny dot. I just put it on my target areas, including under my eyes - it's light enough for that. No need to cover your whole face with it. My ONLY gripe is that the bottle's design is one that a dummie would wind up throwing half of the serum away when the pump stops pumping. I don't like how half the product remains in the bottle, but at least it lets you twist off the cap and scrape the rest out. It's just a little bit of a pain when you get to that phase. And it bothers me that they probably design it this way so you will throw it away sooner and buy more faster. But as long as you're not a dummie and you scrape every drop out when it stops pumping, you will have a great, almost magic, potion that not only thwarts aging, but reverses it!

1.0 out of 5 stars BAD BATCH, January 30, 2012
Hotpot (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I have used this product before without problems. This was my second bottle and both were purchased direct from Amazon. I don't have sensitive skin and I have no known allergies. I do very little with my face except moisturizing twice a day. I don't even wear makeup. I want to stress that I am very healthy with no health problems or unusual sensitivities of any kind. After about one week of using this bottle, the skin at the edge of my lips began forming rashes. My lips were chapped and no amount of chopsticks soothed it. I still didn't realize that the moisturizer was the problem because I had used it before. After about another week, the rashes started to spread. It reached my neck, back of my ear, below my eyes, and on my nose in 4 days. I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist and decided to stop using this moisturizer after my boyfriend found people with similar complaints on Amazon. To check it out, my boyfriend tried the moisturizer too. He felt the itching and burning immediately and repeatedly washed his face that night to get rid of it. Olay posted responses on Amazon review to have people like me contact them. I called that number and they had no idea and offered no help. I have attached a photo of my face and lips during this period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum, September 20, 2010
Silver Wolf (New Albany, IN United States) - See all my reviews
Are you aware that there are only two skin care products that actually do what they say they'll do. A scientific survey was conducted on popular anti-aging products ranging from over the counter drug store cheapies to $500 gold infused night cream. The results of this study can be researched online or in the archives of National Public Radio. Oil of Olay Regenerist came out the winner along with Avon Clearly C. Clearly C has surprisingly been discontinued. I am a very loyal Regenerist customer. I am living proof that it does work since I am now 50, but often am mistaken for being in my 30's. It does what it promises to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for rosacea, December 11, 2005
This is the only moisturizer I can use on my sensitive skin. It actually makes my rosacea better-redness=gone, dry flakey skin=gone, burning=gone. Just wish they made bigger bottles.