Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on October 12, 2015
I’ve actually never tried any Olay products before, as frankly, I always thought of them as most useful for their anti-aging agents. Recently though, a girlfriend of mine recommended this night cream to me, as she said that it keeps her skin firm and tight, while being super moisturizing. I was looking for a new night cream anyway, so I decided to give it a try. First of all, it’s astronomically cheaper on Amazon than it is in the drugstore near my apartment, AND I get that beautiful Amazon Prime free shipping, so I ended up paying about half what it would cost to buy it in person. Secondly, it’s A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I added it into the fold of my skincare regimen and it’s completely changed the game. I don’t use the night cream every single night, as I also switch it up and use my lighter, Clinique moisturizer on nights when I’m simply washing my face and going to bed. Maybe three times a week though, I start by exfoliating my face with my TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar) (8 Oz) sulfur face mask. This step deep cleans my pores, evens my skin tone, and really works well on preventing acne breakouts. I then use TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! (60ml) to spot treat any little pimples that are already living on my face, and it works as an antiseptic, getting rid of any leftover dirt, grime, or other filth that comes from riding the subway every day. After that, it’s Olay time, and the Olay is phenomenal. I put it on maybe an hour before I’m about to go to bed, and it’s super hydrating while still being light enough that I don’t feel like it’s 1950 and I’ve put on my grandmother’s cold cream. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feel tight and firm and my face is visibly brighter. I really love this night cream, and I’m going to try some more Olay products in the future. Five stars!
0Comment62 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2015
Absolutely horrible. My mother bought this cream because she has sensitive skin and this cream has always worked great for her. Well this time she decided to order from Amazon and was sent a COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT. My mother, being trusting that Amazon wouldn't allow their sellers to sell dangerous junk trusted that the product was real and now has dark blotches on her face as a result of using this cream!! This knockoff cream damaged her skin!

I am attaching photos of the FAKE cream (on the right) next to an authentic bottle on the left. As you can see, the fake is slightly smaller, a darker shade of purple, and inexplicably has "made in thailand" printed on the side. The real cream is thick and white, while the knockoff cream is a lot more watery and the same purple color as the bottle. This seller needs to get kicked off of Amazon, the cream that sent my mom was NOT made by Olay and hurt her skin. We'll be returning this cream immediately.
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments70 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have been using the Olay products since about July 2006 and am very pleased. I use the Regenerist Night Recovery Moisturizing Treatment at night on my whole face and neck, after washing with Dove Regenerating Calming Night Soap (liquid, navy colored bottle) and I use Olay Smooth Skin Exfoliating Scrub about once or twice a week at night. In the morning, I use Avon ANew Eye Lift Cream around my eyes and then Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream on my entire face and neck. I think this combo, particularly the Olay Regenerist products have made me look YEARS younger--with the grace of God, of course. I added the Regenerist Night Recovery about 2 months ago, and it made a difference for me. Lots of people at work tell me I look younger, too. My skin feels great! It's firm and velvet soft. And wait till I tell you, I have lost 50 pounds in the last 9 months! Why do you care? Well, my face should be sagging all over the place with that kind of a weight loss, especially since I carried that weight for years and my skin was well-stretched. I should need a crane just to hold the wrinkles up! Guess what??? It's firm and velvet soft. I won't say I don't own a wrinkle, but they are very very minimal. I've had people tell me I don't have wrinkles, too, but there are little tiny ones there hiding in the makeup. Oh, I'm 57, too--so don't think I'm 25 and telling you I don't have wrinkles like they tell you in those adds on TV. It smells great, too. I am sensitive to certain products with perfumes, but not this. No problems.

I am mighty pleased with these products, BUT, use them awhile. Nuthin' happens overnight, Hon! (We call everybody Hon in Balmer) (That translates to Baltimore).

Update March 2007. I switched the morning treatment from Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream to Olay Total Effects 7x. It is great. Super creamy.

Update September 2007--Still using same combination of products--still working great. Am 58 now and have lost 59 lbs and am still quite pleased with these products.
1818 comments260 of 332 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 19, 2015
Nothing like the Olay in the stores.. Formula is not even close.. weird color and not the same cream. Have no idea what I bought for $14.. I returned it.. Paid full price for the genuine stuff.. Was an easy return
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Laura,

We truly regret you had this experience, but are glad to hear that it was corrected right away. Let Olay know if you have any issues with purchases going forward.

Amelia
on October 15, 2013
I've found I can't use any of the regenerist products as they make my face swell, particularly under my eyes even if I avoid putting any of the product near that area.
on May 6, 2014
Been ordering this for years and loved it, but the change in formula is a deal breaker. It does not soak into the skin at all. Try and put a light foundation over this and it flakes. Bye bye.
on February 8, 2016
This product says it was made in Thailand. Olay's customer service representative told me that they do not manufacture in Thailand and that I have received a fake product.
on January 9, 2013
I hate face products with smells, especially night time products. Hard to sleep with such an odor. Not so sure the product does anything either. I'll try a different brand, hopefully unscented.
on April 14, 2014
This product has a sickly smell and it feels sticky and waxy. I loved the old product and I would always buy it for friends. Now I will tell everyone to NEVER buy this.
on September 14, 2015