Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on November 4, 2012
This movie is fun to watch for the great look of the film, the energy of the performances, and most of all, the goofiness of the titular character. I can see why kids would get a kick out of it, but I'm a kid at heart, I guess. To make farce work, you really have to be all in, and Dujardin's Brice de Nice is crazy!! Just like the more recent Lucky Luke, it it a cartoon come to life! I love Jean Dujardin's singing voice; I'd like to see him tackle a serious song. All the charaters are fun, the pace of the movie never leaves you bored, and even though they have but a couple of scenes together that last mere seconds, you get to see the incredible chemistry between Jean Dujardin (and his future wife) the sparkling Alexandra Lamy. Alas, my only complaint is that the bonus features are NOT English subtitled. I hope Jean and Director James Huth have many more collaborations. Rent it if it's the only way you can see it -- as for me, I'm keeping my copy! It reminds me how much I enjoy living near a beach!
on October 19, 2013
Jean Dujardin (The Artist and two OSS 117 movies) plays Brice, the idle son of a very rich man. Brice (Jean) is the only surfer in Nice. He's never really caught a wave because there are no waves in Nice. He wants to be Patrick Swayze in Point Break. When his father goes to prison and Brice no longer has access to money, he has to earn money somehow. He enters a surfing contest. The situations were humorous, but I didn't find this movie very funny.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2010
Subtitles usually provide no flavour of dialogues original-and this movie, also playing French constitutes some line, is surely and obviously clear for even understanding a few words of.

A popular among females rather same sex attracted thirty-year-old infantile sonny of a rich daddy faces a life as his allowance was cut because of father's imprisonment.

Incapable to secure a job as a waiter, he befriended a similar money-hungry dreamer and undertook ventures from robbing a bank to arranging surfing competition also never used to surf but pretending only.

A really French comedy with music, champagne, girls, sexy hints, stupidity and a happy end for an idiot not knowing how to use his nature-presented down-level attractiveness to females and particular males.

A music clip in disc-two EXTRAS is simply a pleasure.
0Comment9 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2015