Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2011 6:50:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2011 3:24:53 PM PDT
Kloklo says:
I'd love to preoder this combo but as far as I know it might be Region A locked... Having a PS3 means that I wont be able to unlcok or set it in Region Free so does anyone know the Region Classification for this one? Every Diamond Edition so far except Snow White was Reagion Free....

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 1:01:48 PM PDT
Araian85 says:
According to barnes and noble the trilogy is in region 1.
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/The-Lion-King-Trilogy-Collection-8-Disc-Set/e/786936815153

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 3:29:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2011 3:38:40 PM PDT
Kloklo says:
Yes, but that's because is the US copy. The real question is either is locked to Ragion A or not but that will be known if Disney states that is Region Free or after its realease when will be Region B tested.

So far I know that Disney store has the 4 disc combo under Reagion A use only*
but that doesn't mean anything as ex. the Car Toon Combo has been tested and it's region free while Disney Store states otherwise...

*(For Region A use (Americas, East and Southeast Asia, U.S. territories, Bermuda) only)

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 10:51:10 AM PDT
K. Bennett says:
Hope this set will be region free and not locked to Region 1, I live in the UK and so far amazon.co.uk don't have this set listed for UK release. Just the Lion King Blu Ray in 2D/3D. Would prefer to just get a nice box set of all the movies together on Blu Ray than get first one on it's own and then them maybe bring out the others on their own at a later date.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 9:26:28 PM PDT
Rya86n says:
Apparently the Region A labelled BluRay discs are in fact Region Free, that is, ABC. I wonder if anyone could confirm this? I really want this particular Box Set, which is not being released in Australia... all we get is a Trilogy BluRay set (3 Discs, no 3D included in the trilogy set, and just a standard 3 pack packaging, with an insert that mimics the wooden box)

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 8:23:26 AM PDT
I'm in the same position as K. Bennet, I also live in the UK, and really want this box set. I'm hoping it will get a UK release not long after The Lion King 3D has been shown at the cinemas here. I really don't want to have to buy a region free DVD player, nor mess around with codes to buy this version.

I have a similar problem with the Smallville complete seasons box set, as the UK version says it only has 60 discs, whilst the US version seems to have 2 extra discs for special features, and I think its rather unfair we don't get the same features.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 4:53:01 AM PDT
T. J. Bacon says:
axel are saying that in terms of the Blu rays in this set - they are region free: http://www.planetaxel.com/productDetails/786936815153

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 3:24:03 AM PST
Customer says:
At least the 3 standard Blu-Rays are region-free, all three work on my Australian Player. I think the DVDs would be region locked, but haven't tested, Digital Copy unless I'm mistaken will only work in "certain countries"(the US/Canada), and got no idea about the 3D disc because my Player won't support 3D.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Lion King Trilogy (Eight-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)
The Lion King Trilogy (Eight-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy) by Matthew Broderick (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (154)