Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2012 12:07:59 AM PST
As someone living in Australia, we hardly ever get awesome box sets like this available for us in Region 4, does anyone know if this set is going to be released on blu ray? I would like to know pronto as I am going to convert my marvel universe collection from DVD to Blu-Ray but I won't do it yet if I can get this set instead

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:25:15 PM PST
Super Drake says:
This is blu-ray hence the product title and yes it is multi-region.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:55:55 AM PST
according to the product description its region code 1/A (Includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau and Korea)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 1:14:59 PM PST
Ben D. Gedig says:
How do you know it's multi-region? I can't seem to find any information on the region other than A/1, but I have heard from a few people now that it's multi-region.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 3:51:48 PM PST
that's what I'm worried about...according to it seems the set is region A... ugh...

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 9:27:09 PM PST
Yeah, all these people say that it is multi region, but i can't find a website which says it is more than A/1

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 1:11:18 AM PST
here's a different spin on the same question. I live in Mexico, which is covered by the A/1 region, there will be an international release of the boxset with the 6 movies in a regular box, without extra disc, without 3d versions, i believe it actually is out already in some countries, i haven't seen it in mexico however. I worry aside from the a/1 region code, that they will make it so you can't play it outside of the US via updates on bluray players, the same way updated players detect pirated copies of movies, just because we (outside of the US) should stick to the international release. Am i being too paranoid?

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 3:15:53 AM PST
J. Feltham says:
Hi I live in England and pre-ordered this straight away, and was therefore given the free blu ray when this was delayed. I've now looked on various websites and apparently this set is region A/1 only, however I have since looked at the blu ray version I received free and that also is region A/1, but works perfectly on my PS3 and blu ray player, does that mean these blu rays will work too?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:40:43 PM PST
The original US bluray of The Avengers is region free, which it why it plays on your PS3. It states A/B/C on the back cover. For this new set it is advisable to check back here when it has been released. Somebody will post the region information.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 9:28:45 AM PST
That's a shame, considering the price may sky rocket or the product may be unavailable by the time it is released.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 4:48:35 AM PDT
It seems highly unlikely that Marvel are going to go back and master all the discs for region A only. Had The Avengers blu-ray been region locked I think we'd have something to worry about but it wasn't and plays fine on my player here in the UK.

If like me, you are having it shipped abroad I would recommend keeping an eye on this thread before unwrapping the set. As someone mentioned previously, someone will post a definitive answer eventually.

It's worth remembering that most websites just take this kind of feature at face value and later on appears to not always be entirely true. A quick search for The Avengers on Blu-ray on Amazon states it's Region A only, whereas all of us that received our 'freebies' can vouch that that just isn't the case.

Posted on Mar 15, 2013 6:46:19 AM PDT
Super Drake says:
I'm sure this is region free, the region coding is for any DVD available with the product I believe. This happened many times for me as I imported blu-rays with combo packs or special features that are on DVD instead of Blu-ray from I am sure that this doesn't come with DVDs, most probably Amazon needs to update their page =p

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 9:14:45 PM PDT
Alphaom3gA says:
I'm getting sick of America making these available for their region only. I know they have a penchant for not knowing anything about another country outside their own (unless it has oil) but this is getting ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2013 9:16:48 PM PDT
Alphaom3gA says:
I with you mate. I've had enough of the treatment we get here in Australia by the movie studios.

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 9:21:49 AM PDT
Disney BluRays are usually regionfree!

Posted on Apr 2, 2013 10:32:33 AM PDT
If you check out the ign unboxing video you can see the disc of extras is indeed region A,B & C. Doesnt show the other discs clear enough....or at all. Looking promising though

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 12:40:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 11, 2014 12:44:13 AM PDT
Unclepete says:
Can anyone please confirm if this able to be played on Australian blurays (region B) please? Please only reply if you have tested all the movies, preferably not in a PS3 :)

Thanks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2014 1:25:27 AM PDT
I own it, its region free and will play worldwide.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions