5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic Regression Therapy
Brian has the perfect voice for this kind of thing. This CD is part of a series of 3. I have all 3. I love them all.

Published on June 4, 2008 by Kathy W

3.0 out of 5 stars No specific religion - focused on healing
Pros:
This guided meditation doesn't focus on religion. Instead, it focuses only on relaxation and healing the body through the visual imagery that is presented. This is what I was looking for.

Published on October 10, 2008 by Kerry D

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic Regression Therapy, June 4, 2008
Kathy W (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Regression to Times and Places (Meditation Regression) (Audio CD)

Brian is a graduate of Columbia University and Yale Medical School. Part of his private practice is in hypnotic regression therapy. Brian begins by guiding you into a very relaxing state of consciousness, then into a protective bubble of light, so you feel "safe" enough to let yourself go. He releases your mind from the time/space limitations so you can remember "everything". You then walk down a long staircase to a beautiful peaceful garden where your body goes into a deeper relaxation state so it can heal and rejuvinate. You then see a beautiful building, ascend its steps, and meet a beautiful being (spirit guide), enter the building to receive healing there, in a special room, covered in light reflecting on you through the crystals. You can even adjust/tune the crystals to direct specific colored light beams into specific body parts. This is really quite nice and if you are already familiar with energy concepts/healing with color and crystals/and advanced visualization techniques, this CD will be especially precious to you. This is an excellent treat for your inner and outer self. As you absorb the healing rays, you can ask questions of your guide and review the possible origins of your illness/problem/symptom, etc. (so you can recognize and analyze it/them and then release them). He encourages you to let go of negative emotions of fear/anger/sadness/anxiety/tension/etc. that affect your health and encourages you to feel the positive emotions of peace/love/harmony/joy. You then say goodbye to your guide and return to the garden and rest in a very peaceful state while you kind of set the healing in place. Then you awaken gently.

I usually zonk out and my subconscious takes over.) With meditation or subliminal programming CDs, I believe that they work on the subconscious level, even if you fall asleep. Even if you think that is baloney, then at least I had a very peaceful sleep. What is it the former Bionic Woman says on the Sleep Number Mattress commercials?--"recuperative sleep" or something like that. Sleep really does provide a great opportunity for your mind to help you recognize problems and consider solutions, and also to just shut down and relax. So, if you use this CD for nothing else than a good night's sleep, that alone is worth the price of the CD, especially in these high-stress times. Think of this as a mini-vacation that you can take any time for the cost of lunch or dinner.

There is a second relaxation and meditation experience where you again go deep into la-la land, first by relaxing every cell in your body and relaxing the peacefulness in your heart and filling yourself with a healing light to rid yourself of illness and restoring every cell to its perfect state. Again you go into a protective light bubble and go into a deep state of relaxation where you are beyond the space/time limitations. You return to the garden for healing and peace and go into a journey to your past through a reflective mirror. You move through the mirror to reexperience the past or the future and look for answers for your current lifetime. You are encouraged to just enjoy the experience and not worry about if it is real or not. Of course, Brian brings you back when the experience is over, to feel well rested from your mini-vacation and very peaceful.

You will likely have no problem waking up if there is ever a need to. My experience has been that you are deep enough to completely experience this mini-trip but somehow stay available to the current world if you need to be.

I recently attended a conference where Dr. Weiss was a featured speaker, along with John Holland and Candy Diaz. All 3 of them were great. That conference was actually where I bought the 3 CDs, but they are less expensive at Amazon. I continue to be very pleased with the HayHouse authors I have found. Brian Weiss is one of several.

3.0 out of 5 stars No specific religion - focused on healing, October 10, 2008
Kerry D (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Pros:

Dr. Weiss has a very pleasing voice as he is directing you to walk through a beautiful garden and into a building. He goes on to say..."in this building there is a marble bench and you lie down on this bench. Your guide arranges crystals that are above your body and your body is healed by the light coming from these colored crystals. You can feel the warmth of the light....."

Cons:
The only thing that I would have liked to have been different is the background music or, really, sounds. What you hear in the background throughout the recording is what sounds like angels singing "aaaaaahhhhaaahhhaa". To my ears, the sound was alittle shrill so it kept me from getting to a truly relaxing state of mind.
I would have preferred the background music/sounds to be something soft such as very low or light music or ocean waves or something relaxing.

Amazon doesn't have an audio sample but you can hear an 8 minute audio sample of this CD at [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Rushed CD, ....but worked while I slept, June 7, 2010
I have read all of Dr. Weiss's books and I love them and I HIGHLY recommend them. But in this CD, and the other one (Mirrors...) I felt rushed by Dr. Weiss. His fast pace remains the same, so I wonder if that is part of the strategy(?) He's been doing this for a long time, so I don't know. In any case, I do wind up just "relaxing" through some of the instructive verbiage, like walking down a staircase and then into the garden. Going down the staircase takes some real visualization skills and then before I can get down to the bottom, boom--we are already in the garden and I don't feel 100% prepared to be there yet. Also, I think arranging crystals for healing is quite cheesy b/c it is so over-the-top new agey, so I just think of something different on that part. I do like the healing light, though. It is very useful. Perhaps my own skills will catch up with Dr. Weiss's pace and I'll improve with repeated use of the CD. I bought this a year or so ago and used it SOME, then shelved it for a while. I recently begain using it again. When it was new I found that while I wasn't having success "being there" in the mediation, and I wasn't seeing a darn thing on the big life "screen" (I wasn't deep enough for that kind of question/answer exchange--plus, I never had any legit questions to ask so I just skipped that part) what WAS happening was my mind seemed to be opening up in my dream state. Shortly after beginning my use of the cd I had an extremely vivid dream prior to waking up in the morning. This dream was exceptionally real. During the dream I was able to control some of my actions--it was quite lucid. I was feeling things, seeing things and "knowing things". It was definitely a past life dream. I was already dead, and I was touring the house where I had lived and re-living the death/karma/people experience. So....this is a long posting, I know, but this CD is a useful tool and even though it isn't "perfect", I still recommend it!

For those who want to know:
I was a young woman in what I beleived to be the Midwest, USA during an era where people lived in homes in the country and farmed (1800's or early 1900's; post-pioneer?). I had a back bedroom. The wallpaper was a busy, tiny floral, yellow print. I had hung myself in the closet from a wooden bar. I was in the closet and knew what I had done to myself. I then was able to "see" other parts of the house and go there just by thinking about them. I went into the adjacent bedroom and by this time the room was being emptied out, but an armoir with drawers inside of it was still there. I looked in it but it was empty. My little sister had moved from that room to my old room. My sister in the dream was my daughter in my current lifetime. She had re-arranged the furniture in my room. It was considered the "good" room. I then went into a front parlor where my mother (the same mother I have now) was in a chair speaking to an old woman I didn't recognize. I got the feeling the woman was a medium. My fiance was pacing the parlor room floor (my husband in my current life) and he was not someone I liked. I had killed myself to escape marrying him, plus I was lonely and depressed. He was overly critical of me. He had even expressed that I hadn't hung myself correctly, like I "couldn't do anything right!" I was on my mother's lap trying to get her attention but she was crying and she didn't know I was there. The medium had done her job bringing me there, but she wasn't good enough to know what exactly I was trying to communicate, or that I was really actually there. I made myself known by feeling so angry and frustrated by the whole thing that I made the curtains flutter and the window pane shake. It scared my fiance (which actually made me kind of happy). I then left the room and went down a hallway whereupon I felt ungulfed by a bright light, and then I opened my eyes and I was instantly awake in my (current life) bed. WOW! It was an intense dream and I believe it was a real past life experience. In my current life I have since expressed to my overly ambivelant and practical daughter that I will NEVER leave her, and that I will always be there to take care of her and love her. This has actually improved our relationship, as she used to get distant from me. As far as my husband goes, in our early years together he was never vocally critical of me, but he definitely has a certain way of doing things around the house, and my independent spirit often felt squelched. I am a vocal person so I made my own ways known and refused to put up with his perfectionism. We've since worked that out and he leaves me alone now. I feel that this is my chance to be married to him and make it a loving, succesful partnership--which so far it has been. We even started a business together and it is succesful. As far as Mom goes, the jury is still out! She is still an odd mother and I don't know what to think, but I do genuinely love her, and that is all that matters. She is the one sho taught me that "everything is always going to be okay" (no matter what!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for yourself & others!, December 13, 2008
LoveFromBothSides (LOS ANGELES, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Love from Both Sides: A True Story of Soul Survival and Sacred Sexuality Because I'm a writer, and a working hypnotherapist, I believe in the healing power of love. I've seen it work miracles. And listening to Brian Weiss's voice on this CD will make you feel as if you are bathed in love. He leads you into breathing in colors that can help heal you, then takes you on a journey into a beautiful garden filled with trees and fountains, and there you meet a guide... If you let yourself just focus on his soft, soothing voice you can forget all the stress of the day. I know. Even though I make CDs for my own clients, and make them for myself, when I feel really stressed? I put on one of Brian's CDs and just let them do what they do best, calm me down completely. Better than a glass of wine, and better for you. A great gift for you or anyone else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing voice, May 1, 2010
I'm new at regression meditations, and I was feeling quite down until I went to see Brian Weiss live where he said it took him 3 months to finally have a regression. This made me feel a lot better and more motivated to continue trying. I do get images while doing this mediation, and will continue trying to see more.

What I love most about this CD is the sound of Weiss' voice. He has the smoothest voice since Barry White. He really is the king of mediation and after meeting him, I was even more impressed. He is the kindest man I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. His humor is gentle and self-deprecating. His insight into the human condition is amazing. While I do read his books, listening to him is a treat.

When I Dream

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites!, December 31, 2008
I have all three of Dr Weiss's meditation cd's and enjoy each and every one of them. This particular one is a healing mediation, which I find extremely helpful. I recently had a problem with my ankle. Nothing seemed to be helping it to heal, the pain was very uncomfortable no matter what I did and I was waking up off and on all night long from the pain. I started listening to this cd at night and again in the morning. I directed healing towards my ankle and to my surprize, it started feeling better, I stopped waking up in pain and it's now completely healed. I'm not someone who is easily convinced of anything. I'm one of those gotta see it to believe it kind of person...I've seen it and now I believe it.. If you're on a spiritual journey or interested in meditation, I think you'll find all of Dr Weiss's books and Cd's to be very informative, helpful and resourceful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Might Not Need all of the Series, June 3, 2008
Kady Neuhaus (Syracuse, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Found the first (of two) tracks to be nearly identical to the first track of Dr. Weiss' other CD "Spiritual Progress Through Regression"... haven't yet heard the remainder of his series of CDs, but suspect the only difference is in the second track of about 20 minutes.

The CD is very relaxing, though I didn't apparently go 'deep' enough to need to be awakened, and I will listen to it again... but I'm not sure if I would have needed the other discs in the series as the second track didn't offer much different.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, May 13, 2009
I haven't gone into a past life. I was really hoping I could. But I have to say that I get a REALLY good night's sleep when I listen to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation Regression, September 6, 2008
I listen to this CD just about every day and find the relaxation part of it wonderful. My problem is that I always fall asleep before I get to the part where Dr. Weiss starts taking you back to your younger self and then on back to your previous lives.

The CD is fine, it's me! I really enjoy the CD and have decided I need to sit up rather than lay down while meditating with this CD. I would recommend it to anyone interested in reincarnation or just meditation.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is his best, August 29, 2011
If you've tried everything to get rid of pain and failed then here is your answer. It just takes a few tries and the results are outstanding. I have even gotten my father to try this, you don't have to be into yoga, or metaphsyics to benefit from some simple meditation. Brian Weiss really out did himself with this CD. Give it a chance.

Regression to Times and Places (Meditation Regression)
Regression to Times and Places (Meditation Regression) by Brian Weiss (Audio CD - May 1, 2008)
$15.00 $11.78