Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Regular Radio Stations Hi all

Curious if this can get regular radio stations from around the globe? (I am presuming it doesnt but still one can hope :)
asked by Amazon Customer on February 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
The Squeezebox Touch does, so I assume that this one does too -- as long as that radio station has a feed to the Internet.
Amazon Customer answered on February 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It sure does. I listen to music stations from Poland, S. Korea, Russia, UK, etc...
They used to have a quick station search feature right here on the Amazon product description but I don't see it any more.
You can get an idea of what stations it can stream by creating a free www.MySqueezeBox.com account, then click on Remote Control > Internet Radio > Search (or select select World and browse that way). This will not play on your computer as this is meant to Remote Control via the web UI your actual player, but will help you see what is out there.
MikeT answered on March 6, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks MikeT, I will try this :)
Amazon Customer answered on March 7, 2012

A
MK5 answered on May 9, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Blame the sports organizations (NFL, MLB, NBA, etc..) for limiting internet streaming, not the designers of the network based music players who find it redundant to offer AM/FM tuners & antennas on such hardware. :)
MikeT answered on May 10, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
PLease note that this restriction does not impact you if you have the Internet subscription for XM Sirius as that has access to NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB radio broadcasts for both cities playing in a given game.

Also, the NHL does not restrict internet streaming as do other sports.
Matt in Chi-Town answered on March 13, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product