Reimagine Dual Disc
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top 10 Reasons to Buy "Reimagine"
10) 76 minutes of memorable classical piano music.
9) To compare Greg & Liz s two versions of Danse macabre - their straightforward arrangement and their "remix."
8) To confront a wilderness of emotions, instincts, styles, and stories.
7) The deluxe, digi-pack packaging; the full-color, mountaintop photos; the music; the videos; the bold graphic design.
6) To listen to Greg & Liz tear apart their infamous arrangement of Piazzolla s Libertango; feel the racing heartbeats, the physical friction, and the charged chemistry.
5) To support Greg & Liz.
4) To hear Saint-Saëns' "The Swan" like you have never heard it before. Greg & Liz immerse the melody in pianistic ripples of sound, drifting through a landscape of dreamy timelessness.
3) It makes the perfect gift for any music listener.
2) The bonus DVD; Anderson & Roe's YouTube videos in 30 frames per second.
1) "The Sacrificial Dance" from The Rite of Spring. A young virgin sacrifices herself to the Gods of Spring by dancing herself to death; it's hard-core, visceral, and thunderous music that will leave you breathless.
Known for their intense performances, innovative programming, original compositions, and refined artistry, the Anderson & Roe Piano Duo have appeared on NPR and MTV, toured North America, and performed in nearly every NYC venue imaginable, from Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center to children s hospitals and cancer centers. Their wildly creative music videos at andersonroe.net have generated tremendous enthusiasm, several of which are included on the "Reimagine" bonus DVD.
Top Customer Reviews
Greg Anderson and Liz Roe bring something special to their music. As with any art or any job, you can play or paint or work by the numbers and be technically good, but it's their passion and obvious love for one another, for their instruments and their music that sets them apart from other acclaimed pianists.
Their first CD - Reimagine - comes with 22 brilliant tracks, with seven from different times, places and styles and a further 14 from Igor Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. Each of the different tracks showcases just how different Greg and Liz's abilities allow them from the soft classical rendition of The Swan from Carnival of Animals to their wildly furious Danse Macabre. The best track on the whole CD would have to be Libertango, however, and if you listen to it you will know why.
Included with their CD is a DVD showcasing their YouTube videos, which give you a deeper understanding again of how fantastically well these two work together. They are higher quality than the YouTube versions (as one would expect!) and provide an additional dimension to the music - showing well-rehearsed scenes where the two play together. Despite the choreography, it's clear the two are great friends and very comfortable playing together.Read more ›
Second half it's getting more classic.
Bonus DVD with some of the YouTube Videos => simply a highlight.
Longing for a second album of Anderson & Roe ...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Will keep you listening over & over again. There is always something new to find in their performances everytime I listen them. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Robert Freitag
Two piano performances are coming back! These two folks do a great job--and some of the stuff they have arranged themselves. Read morePublished 15 months ago by David Woodward
Excellent recordings for anyone who likes good music. You can listen to it all day and not get tired of the CD.Published 20 months ago by Bob Wrobel
if you love piano four hand music, this is a very lively performance by younger performers who have great performance skills and entertaining visual performances complementing the... Read morePublished on May 18, 2013 by Leo Batfish