5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to "Own your own happiness."
Steve Chandler's calming voice guides you through 100 ways to motivate yourself. While listening, grab a pen and paper and write down ideas which will change your life and help you literally reinvent yourself.

Throughout the tape, the "owner" and "victim" are compared. By the end of the tape you will realize which person lives within you.

Victims...
Published on October 3, 2000 by Rebecca of Amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Blah blah blah
There are many good books about motivation and personal growth - this one is definately not one of them. When reading it I had a vision of Tom Cruise from the Magnolia movie - someone selling worthless words to people wanting to hear them. Luckily it is short - after all how many pages can you fill constantly repeating "Dont be a victim - own your life".
Published on October 31, 2011 by Borys Godunow

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to "Own your own happiness.", October 3, 2000
This review is from: ReInventing Yourself (Audio CD)

Victims think power is beyond their control. Their core belief is that life is unfair. Owners are happy, not easily discouraged and say "I want," not "I should."

I felt that the lessons where extremely practical and bring awareness to issues we all deal with on a daily basis. If "thinking" is the "soul talking to itself," then I can see why we can motivate ourselves through "internal talk," or thinking the right positive thoughts.

Steven's method is to help us learn the words to say to ourselves. He believes victims are victims of their own defeated thinking. What they watch, read and listen to can make them happy or sad. You literally have to reprogram your mind.

Once you have done this and come to see the human spirit as a fire that needs to be lit daily, you can finally learn how to invite happiness into your life on a daily basis, no matter what the circumstances.

~The Rebecca Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, but very profound, May 16, 1999
I've recently moved to Minnesota from Texas and decided I would take the opportunity to make more meaningful adjustments in my life. The title perfectly described what I hoped to accomplish.
At first, I found Steve's language too light and felt I was reading another 'rah-rah' book. I normally prefer the analytical writing of people like Scott Peck, but the more I read, the more profound I found Steve's message.
I found the chapter on the 'ladder of selves' quite interesting and put it to use not fifteen minutes after reading it with very good results. I've found it's helped me control my temper and provides me with a more balanced perspective.
I'm surprised Steve is not better known. I had never heard of him before this book and truly hope he gains more exposure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Set Your Soul on Fire and Never Look Back, May 20, 2001
My girlfriend first introduced me to Steve Chandler (SC) through this audio series, as she was trying to ween me off of Tony Robbins (she doesn't like him; long story . .. but I still like him).
The title tends to turn some people off because changing yourself is considered bad in our culture. But what's bad about changing something you don't like about yourself or something that is holding you back from experiencing the juices of life?
A better question than "I gotta be me" and "I don't change" would be: is my current behavior getting in the way of me enjoying certain aspects of my life? Am I dragging other people down with me, including loved ones? If so, do I want to change or keep living half of the life I could be living?
This tapes series contains many subsets . . . not letting other people wound you, taking charge of your life, looking for the things that make you passionate and setting your soul on fire rather than just going through the motions . . . basically,how to live again or intensify how you are already living.
But overall, it's really about taking the old you/parts of the old you . . . that you don't like . .. and changing it to the new you that you care to become.
The real question though is: are you brave enough to admit there's something about you that you wish to change/reinvent? And, if so, are you even braver to walk along the path to make that change in yourself?
Well, are you? :) If so, this knowledge will help you.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, October 17, 2000
"yamaoka" (BANGKOK, THAILAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ReInventing Yourself (Audio CD)
Steve Chandler is a great inspiration. I listen to his tapes every day. Yes, every day. He helps me to transform my thinking process step by step. The great challenge in life is to believe that you can change. 'There's not necessarily something wrong with you, but you do it for the sheer joy of it', Chandler says. So I set about changing myself, and the end result was pure freedom and the sense of ownership. I am free because I feel no fear, no envy, and no aversion to truth. Chandler showed me where to start and where I want to go from here. His word, 'You are the problem', is one of his most valuable teaching. Because I own the problem, I become the solution. This simple idea seems harmless, but it is the most efficient tool to transform yourself. In 'Reinventing Yourself', Chandler teaches us that seeking comfort is a deadly mistake, and doing it is the key to conquering your fear. And the best thing about Chandler's method is that you can start anywhere, any time in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life!, January 16, 2003
By A Customer
Wonderful read. Very well written. Stimulating and fun. I read this book at one of the worse times in my life and it totally changed my me for the better.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read!, April 23, 2001
Reinventing Yourself is a difficult book to review. Taken as a whole, it fails to deliver, falling into many of the comfortable platitudes ("Own the human sprit") and meaningless generalities ("You can tap into your spirit at any time") that plague the self-help universe. But author Steve Chandler manages to surprise you again and again with insightful passages that make you think twice about self-improvement concepts that you've probably glossed over hundreds of times in the past. He does this in part by weaving in contemporary and compelling examples ranging from Janis Joplin concerts (OK, maybe not contemporary) to a Matt Lauer interview with Tiger Woods' father. Quotes from figures as diverse as Thomas Jefferson and Carlos Castaneda also add some heft to what would otherwise seem flimsy assertions. In short, we [...] recommend Reinventing Yourself as a book that manages to rise above its genre, and even, somehow, itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve show you the road to success, July 25, 2000
This review is from: ReInventing Yourself (Audio CD)
Reinventing your self By Steve Chandler the best author book " 100 ways to improve your self"
By Mr. Steve you can walk on water.
By reading this book you will gain the information that can save your life. Mr. Steve teach you the process that can change your life as Mr. Steve said" you can be anybody you want to be, you can invent yourself as you go, you just do not know" you MUST believe in your self because if you do not nobody will.
This is my analysis of Steve"s book and, I would follow majority of Steve"s idea with you.
1. You can be anybody you want to be, you can invent yourself as you go, you just do not know 2. Studies of human performance over the years have proven that, there are two kinds of people in any given situation : Victim & Owner ,so who do you realy want to be. 3. You can tap into the spirit in your self, any time you want. It is always there, heros do not have any thing that you do not have 4. The next time you see the spirit in someone else , do not just admire it; think of how to do your own version of it, do not envy it, duplicate it 5. Talk to your self every day " I can do that" every time you see some one do something great, do not say like other people " I could nenver do that" 6. If you think you are coward, you will live and act as a coward 7. We can stuck inside a childhoood self concept, but we do not have to 8. People who are stuck inside a personality do not releazie that thet have a staranger self deeper inside 9. Do not work hard, work smart 10. Learn to say "NO" 11. We become what we think about 12. You fall, you learn 13. The more you give the more you get 14. If you help others", you will be helped 15. The primary reason that people do not get what they want in life is that, they do not want to ask for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Life changing and phenomenal!, June 7, 2005
KIllerShrew (Grand Ledge, MI) - See all my reviews
This book, along with Steve Chandler's other fantastic book, "100 Ways to Motivate Yourself," was intstrumental in helping me to change life over six years ago, and I've never been happier. This book changed the very way I viewed everything and that helped to set me on a course that I have not regretted to this day! Buy it! Read it! Live it! Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Listening To..., September 18, 2006
Ok, so the audio version would maybe have been more lyrical if Steve had a different person read it, like someone with passion in their voice. (I still love ya Steve!) However, I do like books read to me by the author, since it is their wisdom they are sharing.

This audio series really woke me up again, like many of Steve's books. I sadly related myself to the "victim" mentality. When Steve gives examples of how "victims" handle situations, he was honestly reading my mind. It really got my attention.

Then he describes how "owners" think. Being a small business owner and wanting to succeed, I really had to stop and listen. I was shocked to hear how owners think in their heads. I then realized I had a choice; do I want to think like an 'owner' or a 'victim'?

Other points throughout the series really made me stand up and think. He describes a scene on the Today show where Matt Lauer is trying to get a row out of Tiger Woods' father, Earl Woods, after hearing a negative comment from Fuzzy Zoeller. Earl never, ever is offended by the comments. He puts it back on Fuzzy, saying that Fuzzy has the problem. Victims are offended everyday, while Owners see that others have the problem. Wow!

If you truly want to change and get out of your victim mode and change your life, this is a valuable asset that is worth every penny. I like audio versions because I can listen to them over and over again, especially riding around in the car, which I have to do anyway. It's a valueable time where I can change my thinking and therefore change my life.

Thanks Steve!

Annie Bathgate

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly simple and highly useful, September 23, 1999
By A Customer
Of the many self-help books I have read, this is the first one to help me to overcome some personal barriers that had limited me for years. I still reread some of the chapters periodically to perpetuate the positive changes I have made in my life. If you've got the desire to change but just can't seem to get in the groove, this book's for you. And no, nobody paid me to say any of this!

Reinventing Yourself: How To Become The Person You've Always Wanted To Be