Customer Discussions > LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3 forum

Release Date Delivery?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 94 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2008 11:32:37 AM PDT
Has anyone been able to get Release Day Delivery for the new 10/28 release date? This delivery option seems to be no longer available, for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2008 4:18:54 PM PDT
I e-mailed them yesterday and this is what they had to say...

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the delivery estimate for your order. We rely on the manufacturer for release date information. Our most recent information was that "LittleBigPlanet" will be released on October 28, 2008.

Once this item has been released and we receive copies, we will be able to ship it to you. It is not uncommon for there to be a delay of several weeks between the release and distribution of a new publication.

When your order is shipped, you should receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2008 6:19:49 PM PDT
malingenie says:
Nope, I had the same problem. Had to do 1 day Shipping instead.. bah. But, Amazon has been good to me about games and I'm sticking to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2008 1:36:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2008 5:32:38 PM PDT
After checking daily for Amazon to correct this and still seeing no "Release Day Delivery" option as of now, I'm canceling my Amazon order.

UPDATE: I pre-ordered from Gamestop this afternoon and was told they are receiving their first shipment tomorrow and those who pre-ordered can pick up the game beginning tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2008 12:55:49 AM PDT
Jonathan says:
I have Amazon Prime and release date delivery but Amazon changed it to one-day and charged me $3.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2008 7:37:21 PM PDT
g1984gle says:
I selected FREE super saver shipping, and ship date says November 3rd! LAME!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2008 9:16:26 PM PDT
Drew says:
I just got an email saying my order shipped. I am getting it on the 29th.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:12:02 AM PDT
Jonathan says:
Mine shipped, arriving tomorrow the 27th.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:51:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2008 1:53:15 AM PDT
Standard Shipping sometimes moves faster than anticipated. I'm supposed to get LBP on Nov. 4th - but it might get to me as early as Friday the 1st.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 6:28:20 AM PDT
Wow, you guys have already had your orders shipped? I pre-ordered almost 2 months ago and still haven't even seen my order status update. It still says "Release-Date Delivery estimated Oct. 21". I'm growing concerned that my order has been... well... forgotten.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 6:45:20 AM PDT
I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered it about 2 months ago and have the same "Release-Date Delivery estimated Oct. 21". Amazon has been good to me, so i'm hoping it shows up within the next day or two.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 6:53:02 AM PDT
Did those of you who have received shipping notices previously have "Release Date Delivery" selected? I have to wonder if that is screwing things up for those of us who haven't changed it....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 7:02:06 AM PDT
Anti-Lucas says:
I still had release date delivery selected and even though on my order summary page the delivery date is still the 21st, the order status is "preparing to ship".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 7:03:31 AM PDT
I still had Release Date Delivery, and my status is still "Not Yet Shipped".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 8:20:20 AM PDT
GoodFolk says:
argggghhh. I tried changing my original order to 2 day shipping, and it still said would ship on Nov 3d. grrrr...finally cancelled...trying to get one at Game Stop but since they have theirs in, they aren't taking more preorders (even tho not officially released yet); they don't have any extra to sell at this point. So much for being proactive and ordering this weeks ago!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 8:50:26 AM PDT
Yeah, I really feel like Amazon dropped the ball on this one. If I had just kept my cash in hand, I could have bought it at Walmart last Friday. As it is, I end up arguing with Customer Service about what "release date shipping" means to THEM, exactly.

Eventually they refunded the shipping fee, but I'm totally confused about what all of this means for my preorder, and Amazon's customer service has only confused me more. If I don't see a "has shipped" message in the next 24 hours, I'm canceling the order, and never ever buying software from Amazon again.

It's understandable that, with the last second recall and all the confusion about release dates, Amazon's system would be slightly out of whack. Even so, I don't think Walmart's customers or Gamestop's customers are confused. Amazon's are.

Eat a bag of fail.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 9:02:57 AM PDT
Apparently, having "release date delivery" selected didn't hurt anything since mine is now in "Shipping Soon" status.

I wouldn't be too hard on Amazon on this one. This is a rare circumstance where a last minute recall screwed things up. There are plenty of other retailers that haven't started selling this yet and the servers probably won't be going live until tomorrow...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 11:12:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2008 12:43:06 PM PDT
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/27/littlebigplanet-servers-are-live

It's not the delay that's an issue, but the lack of useful info from Amazon concerning the process. For example, my order still says "Not shipped yet" and estimated delivery date is the 21st.

UPDATE 2.4 hours later:
And now it says Shipping Soon, and much of the details have been updated on the order to reflect the new release date. I can stop being worried that recall gremlins have eaten my sackboy and go back to waiting at the mailbox. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:01:30 PM PDT
Just received the email that mine has shipped... So for all of those that had the same problem as I had (item showing that it was still being shipped oct. 21st..) hopefully you'll get the same email as I just did.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:06:34 PM PDT
That's good news! I hope I receive the same e-mail soon. Were you shipping with "Release-Date delivery"? And what's your estimated delivery date?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:07:05 PM PDT
J. Pape says:
do we get our extra shipping money back??? I mean I paid for "Release date delivery" and Game Stop has had it for three days... so umm I'm getting 3-5 days after release date delivery...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:11:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2008 1:17:06 PM PDT
J. Medina says:
I just received the email and it also says I'm getting it the 29th. I had the same problem with the release date showing october 21, and I had release date delivery. Just wait a little longer you should get your email soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:18:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2008 1:20:22 PM PDT
M. Lindquist says:
My advice to J. Pape is to wait until they charge you and then complain. I'll bet you can get them to refund your shipping if you complain loudly enough. Just as a side note though, don't use Gamestop's release date when you complain. Gamestop got the game early. Amazon won't be willing to hold themselves to the release date of another website. What you should focus on is the release date that Amazon displays on their website. Hold them to their own word and they'll be stuck.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:18:57 PM PDT
Also Received my shipping notice. I pre-ordered back in August with "release date delivery" and had similar problems as others with no updates. My tracking number says tomorrow delivery for me. As for money back, remember that actually the re-release date was announced as "start shipping the week of the 27th." Under that wording, anything by this Saturday would be release date delivery. If you get your money back from Amazon let me know so I can request my $5.95 back as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 1:27:59 PM PDT
FIJIMAN says:
Just curious when others preordered that have gotten a shipping confirmation. I preordered Oct 2 and still says shipping 10/21. I did release day delivery as well. Anyone close to 10/2 preorder get a shipping confirmation?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  49
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3
LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (371)