Customer Discussions > Super Mario 3D Land forum

Release Date Shipping?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2011 7:59:46 AM PDT
Nick K says:
I've pre-purchased games from Amazon before and normally they offer free release date shipping so that the game arrives the same day it hits the streets, to compete with Gamestop and other physical stores. However, I notice Super Mario 3D Land doesn't have this option? Is it a mistake or a glitch? Or does this game not have release date shipping? I tried contacting Amazon Live support, but... well... outsourced customer support...

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 11:43:59 AM PDT
Landry says:
November 13th is a Sunday. Mail doesn't deliver on Sundays. Therefore, if you want it on Day 1 then you'll have to go to Gamestop. If you have Amazon Prime you can do 1 day shipping $3.99. You should get it on Monday.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 12:57:09 PM PDT
Nick K says:
Ahhh OK, that makes sense. I'll go ahead and switch my order then. Thanks

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 5:58:12 PM PDT
Thanks, I was wondering whether to order or go to the store. Now I know Amazon will lose my business (and again next month on the 4th when Mario Kart is also released on a Sunday!).

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 6:48:03 PM PDT
JJ350 says:
Personally, I would rather just order this game and wait a day than rush out and fight for a copy at a local store.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 8:15:05 AM PST
saskamazon says:
if you place a preorder at a store, I don't think it would require much of a 'fight' to get it .... I will be at BB when the doors open Sunday a.m. .... can hardly wait to play the new Mario! :-) just 5 days to go.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 8:17:46 AM PST
Mystic says:
Yeah, it sucks that Nintendo releases games on Sundays here...really annoying, but I'll keep my order from Amazon. I got a test to study for next week that I need no distractions from, and I can save the tax money.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 8:17:53 AM PST
Nintendo always does Sunday releases on their games so it's moots out getting it at release from Amazon sadly :(

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 1:13:07 PM PST
The least they can do is have it ready for us by friday to ship out and get to us by monday. if i wasn't saving 7 dollars including the tax i would say screw it and get it at gamestop. amz gets my money this time due to the gold box deal but tues day shipment for a sunday release sucks especially considering i am prime

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 3:19:16 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 9, 2011 10:00:51 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 7:41:45 AM PST
N. Rainey says:
I've pre-ordered a couple Nintendo games through Amazon. Usually it says I'll get it the following Wednesday, but I've come home to find them sitting there waiting for me on Monday. I have stuff to do tomorrow anyway...Heh.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 1:52:21 PM PST
buffalo says:
Just put with 1 day shipping, will get it tuesday!. Tomorrow to busy with my Bills on and just relaxing and trying to get over this fricken cold I have. Just checked my status and it says shipping soon...so maybe get it monday would be cool.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 4:49:28 PM PST
I'm pretty sure that Nintendo came up with this "Sunday release" idea in order to discourage online sales. Because they know full well that if they can get a 3DS owner to go to the physical store to buy it, there's a much better chance that they'll decide to buy more than just the pre-ordered game. People don't have as many "impulse buys" when they're shopping online.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 9:12:49 AM PST
Mary says:
I agree with Mystic!! I gotta study and if I get this game tomorrow I'll just forget about my homework.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 1:36:07 PM PST
Sherlock says:
has anyone copy shipped yet?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 5:08:31 PM PST
i have prime, why the hell is this not coming until wednesday?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Super Mario 3D Land forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D Land by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (676)