Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2012 8:40:28 AM PDT
I'm a little confused. Normally, with Amazon Prime, if you pre-order an item with 2-day shipping, you get it the day its released. The estimated date of delivery on my order is the 20th. Anyone know anything that could lend some insight?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 5:13:59 AM PDT
Justin R. says:
Lionsgate is releasing this on August 18th, which is a Saturday. If Lionsgate had chosen to release this on a Tuesday (like every other blu-ray IN THE WORLD), then Amazon would have, most likely, offered release-date delivery.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:44:00 PM PDT
Aaron Tripp says:
Hmmm, I wonder if that's why Amazon.com is offering the free Amazon Instant Video version when you pre-order the blu-ray copy. I'm just happy I'll still be able to watch it on my Kindle Fire the day it's released :)

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 12:28:05 PM PDT
SueEllen says:
I'm wondering if the free digital movie to watch on release day is just a rental or if it is the version that will remain in your cloud library.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 5:10:03 PM PDT
Ladies and Gents - I just came back from Costco - they have it Physically - no pre-order - same price as amazon $22 - but thought I would wait to see if amazon had come down some to where I like the prices better - even with shipping :-))
guess I will go get one at costco tomorrow !
wed, 8/8/12

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 4:34:45 PM PDT
J. Miller says:
I don't really care if I have to wait 2 days, but I still don't get why we don't get release day delivery with Prime. They ship things early to get them to us for Tuesday, so why not Saturdays? Where I live, they use USPS, courier and UPS. I know people who get their blus the Monday before and it's happened to me a few times. So if they sent this out a day earlier than they usually do, it should get to almost everyone by Friday or Saturday. If they were so were worried about breaking street date rules, they wouldn't offer release day delivery, because they can't control if the blu shows up 1 day early. It happens enough, where if studios cared, they'd have already brought the hammer down on Amazon by now. I know Best Buy has made some mistakes in putting things out earlier, but usually small catalog titles no studio is going to think twice about and, even then, it's usually an accident. I have a buddy who held me a digi-book of Jaws and he wouldn't sell it to me today. They do tend to take the street date seriously. Amazon is so GIANT and makes these studio so much money, I think they get a much bigger pass. I would have gotten the Target version, but the bonus disc was crap and since I know I'll be double-dipping for the eventual collectors box set of all movies, I didn't see any point in having a nicer cover that I'll be getting rid off in a few years for $7 more, since I got this version for $18.99 thanks to gold box.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 7:28:44 AM PDT
KG21 says:
They ship the item before the release day so as to try and get it to us by the release date. The estimated delivery is probably a standardized estimate to the furthest order. Mine also says the 20th but it's already been shipped. It usually takes 2 days which will bring it to me by the 18th!

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 1:01:19 PM PDT
Matthew says:
Amazon ships 2-day via UPS, and they do not deliver on Saturday, so no you will not have it by the 18th.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 8:50:34 AM PDT
Emvee says:
Amazon sent me a shipment notice last night saying they shipped it via 2 day FedEx for delivery on Saturday. YAY!

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 1:49:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2012 1:50:37 PM PDT
Yes I just received mines like just now, I was surprised they sent it to me today because I'm not supposed to have it until Monday but I'm guessing because it was delivered by a courier service, they made an exception.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 2:04:36 PM PDT
SueEllen says:
Mine will be arriving tomorrow via FedEx. :)

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 7:16:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2012 7:16:54 PM PDT
Has anyone else received it yet? Mine isn't supposed to arrive until Monday, but part of me is still (perhaps foolishly) hoping for a Saturday delivery.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 7:47:17 PM PDT
Jack Knight says:
I'll admit to being surprised at no release date delivery as well (maybe not as surprised as I should be now as Amazon didn't ship Jaws until Tuesday even though I've had it preordered since May) but am thankful at least Amazon gives the rental for free at midnight due to the Saturday release (which seems like a BS day to release a movie).

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:04:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2012 9:04:24 PM PDT
I received mine today, Friday the 17th. It shipped Thursday, and was listed for Monday delivery, yet it showed up on Friday.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:19:50 PM PDT
I also received it Friday, I believe if Amazon could have it shipped to your address by a nearby courier services or by Fed-Ex, then the latest you could have it is by today.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 5:14:22 AM PDT
I ordered on the 16th with Prime shipping. Just now got my order confirmation, with an estimated delivery date of the 22nd. Amazon has dropped the ball on this one.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 5:10:18 AM PDT
OK guys, so the blu-ray did indeed arrive yesterday, release day. I think the "estimate" date is a conservative date, meaning the latest possible. It was an unusual situation, having a blu-ray released on Saturday instead of Tuesday. I appreciate everyone's insights into the matter.

Enjoy the movie!

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 9:38:34 AM PDT
R. Wagoner says:
Mine shipped on the 17th via FedEx SmartPost for Monday delivery but still shows as being in WV, so who knows...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 11:19:38 AM PDT
Hi SueEllen, looks like it's there to stay. I also just bought Field of Dreams, which comes with a free rental, but, unlike my "Hunger Games" one, comes with an expiration date. I think we're safe to say we've got it for good.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 5:00:13 PM PDT
SueEllen says:
Shon, the nice thing is getting it free in the cloud and then having the choice of cloud or itunes for the free digital version that comes with the Blu-ray. You end up with both! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 9:15:41 PM PDT
Cool! I don't know how to use that stuff. But I imagine it would be wonderful. I know oI need to learn more about it. Take care!

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:03:05 PM PDT
Sharon says:
I pre-ordered this using Amazon Prime 2 day delivery and I am still waiting for the physical DVD. Why would Amazon send it Smartpost? Smartpost doesn't work in my area. The post office will deliver it when they get around to it, no big hurry with them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hunger Games (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
The Hunger Games (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) by Jennifer Lawrence (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (11,814)