Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2009 1:01:29 AM PDT
Xander says:
Does anyone know if they plan to offer it on this? Being probably one of the biggest titles of the year, you'd think they would offer it.

Posted on Oct 9, 2009 7:16:25 PM PDT
J. Kalb says:
Probably not, it's not really getting as much press as most Bioware games.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 12:42:52 PM PDT
If you're using "getting press" as a metric, then there's no way FO3 GOTY should have had release-day delivery. I subscribe to a plethora of gaming news RSS feeds and podcasts, and I've heard even less about FO3 GOTY than DA:O. It has to do with the publisher's deals with the various retail outlets.

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 4:26:28 AM PDT
LovelyOne says:
With Borderlands there wasn't release-day shipping but I chose 1-day shipping with my Prime account and it's going to be delivered today on the release date.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 2:08:43 PM PDT
Ryan White says:
If you look at the non-Collector's Edition, it is eligible for Release-Data Delivery. It seems really odd that different versions wouldn't have it...

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 3:18:18 PM PDT
Krimson says:
Possibly because they lose $$ on the shipping (at $6!) and all the CE's are already sold.

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 8:59:34 PM PDT
S. Sigle says:
It make sense, I mean effectively Amazon has no more Collector's right now, they are all promised to other people, so they figure why bother giving an intensive like release day since they already have the sales. Now like someone else said, unlikely they will get more, but not out of the picture totally. Though I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 12:21:52 PM PDT
Kazee says:
Most businesses like to please customers with intangible pleasures like receiving your order sooner than expected. It shouldn't cost them any more to ship a day early if the product is physically available to ship, so I'd imagine that if possible we happy few will receive our copy of DAO CE sooner than our anticipated delivery date suggests.

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 9:30:34 PM PDT
TD says:
FYI I emailed amazon about release day shipping for the CE and was told that they have a good supply of the non-CE and can insure that it ships in time for release day shipping. Their supply of the CE is less firm and so they couldn't insure people would get them on release day. Could be completely made up, but that's what I was told...

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 5:57:35 AM PST
M. Adams says:
Well, mine has shipped. Not sure if it will arrive tomorrow, but it at least didn't ship out the day of release.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 6:15:42 AM PST
Mine has not shipped yet; it's been in the prep phase for at least the past two days with an estimated arrival of Nov. 6 (with 2nd day shipping). How long does it take to package a game? With Borderlands PC last week, and now this, I think I am through trying to pre-order any kind of game through Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 9:27:04 AM PST
LovelyOne says:
Um, the mistake you made is that you chose 2 day shipping.

Borderlands for me was shipped the day before release and it arrived on the release day afternoon.

Dragon Age is being prepared for shipping and has a "estimate" of the 5th. But, Borderlands had an "estimate" of 22nd and it arrived on the 20th.

You'll probably get yours on the 4th.

And I'll get mine tomorrow.

Either way I have a lot to do this week anyway and won't play until the weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 2:02:35 PM PST
Jay Merin says:
My CE shipped today and should arrive tomorrow.
Granted I pre-ordered a couple months ago.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 8:19:52 PM PST
T. Pavey says:
I preordered months ago and mine has said "shipping soon" for the entire day. They obviously have these in stock. On the official forums people with super saver that lived far from distribution centers had them ship out last week. All of the two-day shipping items should have gone out Monday. I'm pretty irked that mine didn't.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 8:57:15 PM PST
Chrissy says:
I chose free shipping and will be getting mine on the 4th, woohoo! It shipped on Sunday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2009 10:08:17 PM PST
T. Pavey says:
Yeah. I have the "free" 2-day prime shipping...if mine would have gone out on Sunday I would have had it by now... Amazon has been less concerned with fast shipping over the last year or so. I used to get things much faster than I have been lately.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition - PC
Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (50)