Customer Discussions > PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter forum

Release date delivery?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2011 11:16:15 PM PST
Mikel says:
How come it says it has release date delivery but when I pre-order it the option isn't there?

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 11:32:26 PM PST
Brisco says:
Sometime's it's weird. You might have to wait a few hours and try again. That happened to me.

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 3:57:02 AM PST
DJ says:
It was like that the day they made release day delivery available. Just try again a little later.

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 10:35:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2011 10:35:45 AM PST
G. Mitchell says:
I contacted an Amazon representative and was told that the sharpshooter was no longer available for release date shipping do to the packaging and handling time needed. Something about a 5 day processing time needed by the publisher/shipper.

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 1:58:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2011 2:00:50 PM PST
I hope you are pulling our collective chains. Hmm I wonder if it will be delayed enough that I can walk into gamestop and buy one release day and still have time to come back and cancel my online order. I MUST have at same time as KZ3 so I can play.

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 3:46:09 PM PST
Brisco says:
You might actually be able to get one at a GameStop now. I think u until a couple weeks ago the official release date was actually the 15th and some GameStops have been selling them early.

Just remember . . . you lose a small part of your soul when you do business with GameStop . . .

Posted on Feb 18, 2011 7:26:49 PM PST
I lose a bigger part of my soul waiting the 2-4 days it takes for the sharpshooter to arrive while my KZ3 sits there....or I play it through with the DS3. I sometimes buy at Gamestop when they have decent preorder bonuses, but I NEVER ever sell used games to them.

Posted on Feb 19, 2011 9:40:23 AM PST
it still says release day delivery on the listing

Posted on Feb 19, 2011 10:40:01 AM PST
DJ says:
Hopefully that is only for new orders. It was available when i ordered and i selected it. It will be a huge disappointment if it does not arrive the same day as the game.

Posted on Feb 19, 2011 10:45:14 AM PST
DJ says:
My delivery estimate is still Feb 22nd. and i have not been notified by amazon of any changes, which i think they would have to do if they could no longer meet that date.

Posted on Feb 19, 2011 12:24:47 PM PST
I guess we will know soon enough.

Posted on Feb 19, 2011 5:43:00 PM PST
DJ says:
Well, for me, Gamestop really isn't an option. I talked with my local one today and was told they are slated to get 2 Sharp Shooters in on the 22nd. 2 freaking sharp shooters!!!!!!

I will probably hold off on playing the campaign until the sharp shooter comes, if its not here on the 22nd.

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 1:05:09 PM PST
I asked my gamestop and seriously, the goobers that work there dont know jack....I should friggin work at gamestop. The guy didnt know what the Sharp Shooter was called...and its on posters all over the place in the store. I went in pretending I didnt know much about it, asking if they had any for sale, because if I did know all about it, I should know that its not supposed to be on sale yet. Although some claimed their local Gamestop had them on sale already. The guy didnt know if they had any and said he could only look up games in the system...so I guess they werent doing preorders. It was weird. So had I found one, I would have bought it and canceled mine on amazon, but now I anxiously await my release day shipping Sharp Shooter

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 3:44:00 PM PST
DJ says:
HA!! Get this.....Went into my local Wal-Mart and was browsing games while i was waiting for my wife to finish shopping and i stumbled on what i felt at the time was a gold mine. There in front of me was a shelf full of Sharp Shooters. the shelf had the price tag and everything so i grabbed one and went on my merry way excited as could be to go home and try it with the demo. I get to the register and they REFUSED to sell it to me because it wasn't to be out yet. I felt crushed and irate. I thought if it was on the shelf and was priced they had to sell it, but they wouldn't.

Hopefully Amazon doesn't stiff me as well.

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 4:27:59 PM PST
DJ says:
Well, I had a "live chat" with an Amazon rep and she CONFIRMED that my order will ship on time and be delivered on Tuesday. She be the same for everyone else.

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 9:10:23 PM PST
So if it ships on monday to arrive tuesday, I am guessing the courier Amazon is using doesnt get presidents day off. right?

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 4:45:31 AM PST
DJ says:
I would guess so. I think there is a certain type of delivery like "express overnight" or something that fed-ex and/or UPS will handle pretty much any day of the week no matter what. You also pay a bunch extra.

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 7:55:13 AM PST
Amilia17 says:
I got mine yesterday at Fry's Electronics so I canceled my amazon pre-order. I couldnt pass on getting it when it was right infront of my face!

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 11:52:02 AM PST
DJ says:
Just received shipment email from amazon that my sharp shooter shipped.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 5:54:00 AM PST
Dean B. says:
I ordered mine on the 17th (when they added the $20 promo credit to KZ3). My KZ3 has shipped but my Sharpshooter has not. Now the product page shows Out of Stock too. Amazon screwed me - why did they let me pre-order with Release Date Delivery if they did not have enough to fill their orders??

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 6:08:55 AM PST
G. Montag says:
Same. Mine says "Shipping Soon", but me suspects it's out of stock. KZ3 is out for delivery, but I'll have to let it sit for a few days before I get the sharp shooter, lame. =/ Wish I could cancel and just pick it up at Gamestop or something.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 10:47:50 AM PST
DJ says:
Well, both of mine just showed up. Good luck with yours.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 11:03:00 AM PST
My sharpshooter hasn't even gone to the 'shipping soon' status, so it looks like a bit of a wait for me. Since I only pre-ordered both of them a few days ago I am not upset.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 11:35:31 AM PST
G. Montag says:
I got KZ3 rather early today. They shipped it in a huge box, presumably for the Sharp Shooter. The game was just rolling around in the bottom of the box, with no Sharp Shooter.. lol

A backorder notice would be great, because clearly they couldn't keep it in stock.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 1:30:14 PM PST
Dean B. says:
YMMV but I got a $25 credit for complaining about how my life was ruined by not receiving this today.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter
PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (296)