Release-date shipping please?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2012 5:58:17 PM PDT
Anyway we can get a release day shipping option? Otherwise I a local vendor's preorder will have to do.

Posted on May 24, 2012 6:37:38 PM PDT
Agreed.
After the fiasco I went through with shipping options for Diablo 3, I will not preorder from Amazon until after release-date shipping is an available option.

Posted on May 29, 2012 11:07:30 AM PDT
Thanks for the tip!

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 3:20:13 PM PDT
R. Lee says:
Yeah release date shipping would be nice.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:24:45 PM PDT
C. W. Kraft says:
Agreed, if there isn't release date shipping then there's no reason for me to not just buy it locally and not have to deal with having no idea when the delivery truck will show up.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 5:49:59 AM PDT
R. J. Gutt says:
RD Shipping Please!

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 2:19:08 PM PDT
TMS79 says:
I contacted amazon, and the reply I received made it sound like it's possible that it will be offered. They have to be able to ensure enough stock to offer release date delivery, which I take to mean they need to receive a promise of delivery from the publisher for a date early enough to ensure the delivery on time.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:18:12 PM PDT
R. J. Gutt says:
Two Day Release Day Shipping! YAY!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 5:54:00 PM PDT
AC Green says:
Two day shipping is ok, but release day shipping is still better, unless you have prime they will charge you the full shipping cost $7.00 for two day vs 0.99 for real release day shipping.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:52:17 PM PDT
GreyWolf says:
Well check your email or look to change your shipping speed. Amazon has come through again and added release date shipping!!! YEAH!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 5:57:14 PM PDT
I was just about to post on here :D

Just a question though: In the order details, it still says 2-day shipping from Prime. When I hit change shipping speed, it only let me choose standard or 2-day. The estimated delivery is Oct 9th, though. So is it ok or not?

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:57:41 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
It's okay. Most of the time, if you order something far enough in advance, 2-day (and sometimes even standard) shipping gets you the product on release day. As you get close to release, you end up with an extra option for release day delivery. My best guess is that it has to do with the shipping schedule between warehouses and such, and that if they get your order far enough in advance they send it out from the original receiving warehouse rather than shipping it to another regional warehouse, from whence it ships to the customer.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 8:52:16 AM PDT
GreyWolf says:
Jonathan would be correct. Just pick the 2 day and they will upgrade it. I have been doing release date shipping for most of of my games through Amazon and they have always come through for me. Get it in early enough so like Jonathan said they have time to make sure you can get it same day. A lot of times I will also get the strategy guide with it even if they say it will come a different day. Not sure if I am just lucky with that, but it has happened more often than not.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 3:29:15 PM PDT
Alright, good to know, thanks for the replies!

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 6:32:34 AM PDT
GreyWolf says:
Can release date shipping be now?!?!?!?! :) I can't seem to wait for next month to come fast enough. Anyone else itching for this game as much as I am?

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:22:19 AM PDT
B. Phillips says:
No same day shipping, but they have added a $15 credit which effectively brings the price down to $35 for my pre-order!

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 8:36:21 AM PDT
GreyWolf says:
If you have Prime and pick 2 day shipping, they may switch it to release date for you. Mine got switched, but I ordered awhile ago. The $15 credit helped me keep my preorder here as I almost went on Steam to get the digital copy same day and the free copy of Civ 5 :)

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:11:56 PM PDT
B. Phillips says:
I ordered May 22nd but still have 2 day shipping listed BUT it also says I should get it on Oct. 9th, which is the release date...

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 5:06:19 AM PDT
GreyWolf says:
You should be all set then. I got an email from Amazon that stated it was switched to release date shipping, even though it still states 2 day. I don't think they offered it to everyone on this particular title for some reason. Amazon hasn't not met the date yet for me, so I'm sure we will be all set.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 12:07:13 PM PDT
Buckao says:
The game was released 2 days ago, and my order hasn't even shipped yet. The best estimate it gives is "in the next few days". WTH? This will likely be my last game pre-order from Amazon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
XCOM: Enemy Unknown [Special Edition] - PC
XCOM: Enemy Unknown [Special Edition] - PC by 2K (Windows 7 / Vista)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (509)