Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 17, 2012 9:31:04 PM PDT
I thought the release date was for April 27, I guess the May 16 date is a placeholder?

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 6:51:17 PM PDT
NSC says:
Probably (on 5/16), and no game in NA releases their games on a Friday (from that 4/27 date), that's for EU/PAL regions who releases their games on a Friday, stuff in NA mostly releases on a Tuesday anyway.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 10:53:18 AM PDT
Cam says:
im afraid this will be delayed past 5/16

Posted on May 1, 2012 1:02:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 1, 2012 1:03:26 PM PDT
B. Ellis says:
I'm OK with pushing back the release date. It will help me stretch my monthly gaming budget!

Posted on May 1, 2012 1:27:18 PM PDT
I'm not.

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:52:27 AM PDT
NSC says:
@Cameron Williams

Can't be too sure about that, RSG mentioned in an interview about this game that they're trying to go for that 5/15 date, but we'll see, since the PAL/EU is gonna be released first, since RSG originally is a EU/PAL publisher.

Posted on May 4, 2012 6:30:19 AM PDT
R. Venaska says:
AFAIK, the UK version of Akai Katana will not be region free as DoDonPachi Resurrection was. Thus, we will have to wait for NA release. Seems unlikely they will meet this deadline since only recently did RSG state they were opening a US publishing office. It is my understanding that Otomedius Excellent took so long due to MS certification issues.

So anyone else import DoDonPachi Resurrection? I got it for approx $20 USD after conversion from zavvi.com. Have to say this is a great shmup imho.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 11:58:30 AM PDT
Dawn M says:
"...and no game in NA releases their games on a Friday"

Actually Nintendo tends to release their games on Fridays and Sundays, and I have seen other games here and there for other systems released on Fridays as well. So to say "no game in NA releases their games on a Friday" is just sheer ignorance.

Posted on May 10, 2012 1:35:09 PM PDT
NSC says:
Well, I'm not much a Nintendo person as I used to be, so that really doesn't concern me, on the other hand, for those wondering, yes, it will come on the 15th in NA, I hear some people already got their copy in the PAL regions though. Now if only Phantom Breaker would come out already if not for the ridiculous delays.

Posted on May 11, 2012 9:04:51 AM PDT
Looks like it's set for Tuesday on Gamestop and Wednesday on Amazon.

Posted on May 15, 2012 4:22:16 PM PDT
Just got mine from Gamestop. I'll be playing all night. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2012
Latest post:  May 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Akai Katana - Xbox 360
Akai Katana - Xbox 360 by Rising Star Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (36)