5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the V100
Let me just start out by saying that it is a pet peeve of mine to read reviews on issues other than the product. There is a place for leaving vendor feedback else where on this site. Now, having vented a little ...

Published 18 months ago by RJ

1.0 out of 5 stars It's over in 3 months
Published 14 months ago by Karin A Menzel

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the V100, March 18, 2013
RJ (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reliable Sensor Velocity V200 Compact Vapor Generator Steam Iron (Misc.)

I have owned this iron since Christmas and use it constantly. Besides having to iron my own clothes I am a sewer/quilter. This iron heats up super fast and as advertised, it doesn't spit or leak. Steam doesn't depend on the heat of the sole plate as there is a second heating element just for the steam, and let me tell you it gets HOT! And because the steam has its own heating element, this function is available at the iron's lowest temperature setting. I don't think that's something most irons can claim. The other thing I like about it is the stay on feature - great for quilters. My only issue is that once you enable this feature, you have to unplug to disable. Simply turning the iron off doesn't disable, unlike the V100. (I know what you're going to tell me, I should unplug the iron whenever not in use anyway, however, I don't do this when I'm just going to take a break for 1-2 hours.) But when I forget to enable the stay on feature, all I have to do is touch the handle when I hear the automatic shut off beeps and the iron wakes up again. Very convenient. I would recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's over in 3 months, June 23, 2013
I bought this iron in March. It had a few glitches in design that bugged me - like how the steam buttons are easily hit when ironing - but the steam was great. While it lasted. I use the iron almost daily for quilting and garment construction. This morning I was all ready to get busy sewing, turned on the iron and the fireworks started! The lights flickered and the water came spitting out of the soleplate like nobody's business. I guess the tank must have burst or an electrical problem. This is the most I have ever spent on an iron and the shortest time for it to work. I think it's back to basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Velocity, there is a new girl in Town....SENSOR!, November 19, 2012
Since I was introduced to Reliable last summer, my Velocity iron has proven to be a work horse. I actually love to iron and being a quilter, it gets used daily. I thought NO WAY could you improve on a classic....
UNTIL your new sleek model, SENSOR. Ok, first the colour, design is out of the park lovely...the ease to operate, turn it on, add filtered water and steam is there within seconds....
I crumpled up a fat quarter of 100% quilted cotton, and within a minute, the wrinkles vanished. It is still heavy, ( which I love) and it glides like butter across a hot pan.
I love that it has a large reservoir, pretty cool, or actually HOT.
I now can have both irons at 2 different stations....I am thrilled to bits....I will never ever think of another brand, YOU all are soooo reliable...thank you...

my best mdm samm
sewwequilt.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Iron, April 22, 2013
I just received my V200. I can't yet comment on longevity, but as for performance, this iron is clearly in a league of its own when it comes to self-contained designs (as opposed to steam generators such as Reliable's i300 iron, which still perform better.) It visibly out performs my Rowenta Ultra Professional.

First, this iron is very fast to heat up. It went from cold to MAX in 1 min 40 sec. And it was ready to steam too. A good steam generator will take 15 minutes to heat up. I presume this speed is due in part to the hard-anodized aluminum soleplate (which glides well over material, btw) as well as the high wattage (1800 watts means that no other appliance can be on the same circuit with the iron.) So if you're the type of person that puts off ironing that shirt until you have to wear it NOW...this iron is a good choice.

At the MAX setting you get a "dry", invisible steam and lots of it...not the "wet" visible steam puffs you get from lesser irons. Even at the MIN setting the steam leaves the iron invisible but immediately become visible (still better than most irons.) Like Reliable's pro irons, the Velocity irons have steam holes in the front only. This is not "cheap" or "poor" design! You steam the material with the front of the iron, and then dry and set it with the rear of the iron. If the entire soleplate was full of holes, you won't get much steam pressure, which means you have to first "steam" the material with several slow passes to get it damp and then turn off the steam and set the material with additional passes. With such an iron and lack of proper technique, you hang up the shirt and the old wrinkles appear again. With the V200 you can perform both steps in one slow pass. Of course, this also means that you really have to iron in one direction only (which you should be doing anyways.) Due the amount of steam, dry invisible steam, and steam pressure, you MUST keep your fingers clear of the front of the iron or you WILL burn yourself! (go ahead...ask me how I know this ;)

Alas, nothing is perfect, and this iron also has some issues. The temperature dial is a little small, and due to the design of its placement, you don't have much to grab onto when setting your temperature. If you like to hold your iron towards the front of the handle, then the steam buttons are easily pressed (it's better to hold towards the rear, and press the rear down while letting the front "float" over the material.) And of course, you can't have lots of steam without lots of water, and there's only so much water a self-contained iron can hold. I'll get one shirt from a full iron. Fortunately, it's easy to fill and heats up quickly. And then there's the "sensor" aspect. Frankly, I would prefer a simple mechanical switch to turn the steam on or off. I almost went with the Velocity V50 for that reason. However I wanted the upgraded soleplate, as well as the better look. The "sensor" function seems to work just fine and definitely saves water. I just hate having such electronics that, should it fail, can render a perfectly good heating element useless.

This iron is great, but remember...it's just a consumer-level self-contained unit. Those videos on youtube claiming to iron a shirt in three minutes are BS. You can't iron a shirt that fast unless you have a good quality steam generator, as well as a vacuum ironing board (or if the shirt starts out with the perfect level of dampness, in which case you don't need steam at all.) This iron, and your cheap wobbly ironing board, will not perform like 800 bucks worth of equipment (minimum.) However, I'd say that you can get closer to such a level of performance with this iron than with any other self-contained iron. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Iron, March 13, 2013
The SensorVelocity V200 iron from Reliable gave me quite a laugh when I first used it. This is no ordinary iron, this is a mammoth iron! The size and weight of this thing is astonishing. I knew there wouldn't be anything I could not iron out with this puppy. So, I did a bit of a test and grabbed some normal shirts from the closet, I grabbed some of the pesky clothes that always seem to have wrinkles in them, I also grabbed some clothes from the dirty laundry and for the real kicker I grabbed a pair of jeans whose seem at the bottom has never been straight. I am a short person, so I'm usually always walking on the bottom of my pants and it creases the seam. I've tried over the years to get this crease out of the bottom of my jeans for years, truly, and it just never works.

Now that I had my test station set up I plugged in the iron and got to ironing. The directions were super simple for the steamer and boy does it work! I didn't have to go over the same spots over and over again like a cheap iron and best of all it fixed my pants! Very happy with this product, and definitely an iron I would recommend!

***Reviewed for New Age Mama blog-Free product received in exchange for an honest review***

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy with good steam, July 24, 2013
Pamela (SALISBURY, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this iron recently to replace a cheapy POC that replaced an aging and incontinent Rowenta. So far,this one delivers on it's promise of heavy, hot and steamy- which is all you can really ask for from an iron. I sew many of my own clothes and probably require more from an iron than someone who just wants to run over her shirt in the morning. Positives- well behaved with no leaking or spitting -yet. Plenty of steam on the high setting, as well as steam at all heat levels. The only negative I have found so far is that you need to re-set the heat and steam settings after each "sleep cycle" or auto-shut off. I don't mind the auto shut off feature, because without it my house would probably have burned down long ago, but it's kind of a pain to shake it back to life, come back, and find that it needs to be re-set for the previous level of heat and steam. Note: you can disable the auto-shut off feature which would solve this problem for more attentive ironers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough steam, no 'burst of steam', not worth price, October 28, 2013
I'm a long-time Rowena fan, but after the last two leaked within only months of purchase, I was looking for a new brand. This iron did not leak as claimed, but it did not produce enough steam (small number of steam vents) and there is no 'burst of steam' capability. I found the auto-shut off frustrating to set, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I did not find the iron worth of the high price tag. Amazon was fabulous to deal with, no questions, the iron was returned and money refunded in a matter of only days! Still searching for the perfect iron.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much bang for the buck, July 18, 2013
This iron has a nice feature for people that sew in that you can disable the auto off feature. This is a wonderful feature for quilters and seamstresses! The down side is that I filled the iron and it dripped non stop. It shoots out a constant steam when you press the steam button to enable that feature but it does NOT have a burst of steam button. I was disappointed that it didn't have that feature as I use it a bunch. Between the dripping and the lack of a burst of steam I was not happy with the iron. I gave it 2 stars only because of the ability to disable auto off feature.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable V200 Sensor Velocity Steam iron, June 27, 2013
I really like this iron! It beeps when I plug it in, and then beeps when it is hot enough to iron.
I am a quilter - and this baby irons! Using the 'steam' button - it CONTINUOSLY steams my fabric while pressing!
This is so huge in the quilting world cause we are always using 100% cotton fabric.
The only down side to this iron is that it is a big iron, it takes getting use to - but once you do - you will love it.
I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, this iron rocks!!!, March 22, 2013
Received this iron as a gift and it's INCREDIBLE!! My husband irons all of his work shirts and pants, so we need a high quality iron. After our pricey Rowenta bite the dust we received this one in the mail yesterday and WOW!!! It floats across your clothing and the steam is definitely a continuous flow according to needs of the item! Loving this top notch iron. A MUST HAVE!!! It's light weight too, which makes it great for when you have multiple items. So happy we have this iron. THANK YOU, Reliable.

Reliable Sensor Velocity V200 Compact Vapor Generator Steam Iron
$169.00
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies