Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Reliance Products Aqua-Pak 5 Gallon Rigid Water Container
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on March 19, 2016
The spout leaks when it is sitting on its side, so it is only suitable for storing upright. I called and email Reliance for support but didn't receive any reply.
on March 1, 2016
I am disappointed that once you attach the spout to pour water there is no way to keep it clean for resealing the container without the spout sticking out where it can be broken off or damaged. It seems like they could have designed a cover for the spout.
on August 17, 2014
I dont understand how anyone is supposed to use this properly if it leaks the second you put it on the side to use the spigot.
on June 16, 2012
The lid drips, even when tightened really tight. This means you must store the jugs with the lid side up. It also means that air can get in or out, and that makes them unsuitable for long term water storage.

It addition, they have the typical, cheap 'vent,' which is a little plug poked in a hole. It is intended to let air in as water drains out. It also makes it entirely too easy to break the seal, again making them unsuitable for long term water storage.

If you just want a jug to take camping, and you can commit to keeping them cap side up, they're OK. One nice design feature is that the opening fits well under a bathtub faucet.

I want to store water for use in the event of an emergency which makes city water unavailable, and I wish I'd not bought these.
on April 2, 2012
I just wanted 20 gallons or so for a cottage, I had two stacks, at three containers high and they leaned so far over after a few months, that they would have tipped over and totally leaked everywhere if left unattended for an extended period. So I now stack them two containers high and face the plastic screw-lid toward the side I dont' want to tip (as the container sags over time, the hard lid gives support to one side making them tip to the other).

The construction seemed good at first, not as thick plastic as a gasoline container, but solid. The inside was not bad, there was no plastic taste I could detect, but did wash them anyway.

If you fill one and grab it at the sides, be careful also because if the label is left on, the container could slip right out and to the floor. I removed them.

They overall not bad, but they do not stack which is a big feature with sorage.