Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Relic Men's ZR77241 Automatic Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch with Brown Band
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Brown/Gold|Change

on June 17, 2013
I received one of these as a graduation present from my parents. I loved it! However, within the first day I noticed one of the dots for the hour markers had fallen off! I returned it and got another one just like it. It worked great for a while, kept perfect time. But after three weeks, the weight that winds the watch broke off and was loose inside the watch housing! I was not being rough with it, and my job is not physical, so I did not expect it to break so quickly. I returned it. Relic really needs to get better quality control.
on May 14, 2014
I have had this watch for a few months and it is what I've looked for. It is a little heavier than most watches and it's about 50% thicker since it's mechanical but that goes with the territory, too light and it would be more prone to breaking.
I'm not extremely careful while wearing it and so far the crystal shows no scratches. I have had no problems with the face either. The band is holding up even though I forgot to take it off when I went swimming once, not the best thing for leather. With proper care this should last a lifetime. I may replace the band eventually but it's really comfortable and so far there's really no reason to.

Whoever said it was quartz movement needs to revise the listing. This is a mechanical watch. You can either wind it yourself or it can wind itself with your body movement. A full wind lasts just over two days if you leave it just sitting there (Tested 49 hours, 18 minutes).

I also really like the ticking sound it has. You can only hear it if you put your ear to it though.

I had previously gotten a kinetic watch that charged a capacitor but it had to be replaced just like a battery and was more of a hassle than it was worth.
on June 19, 2016
I got this watch to have a genuine mechanical watch but also to have one of those "skeleton" watches to see the internal parts working, and this fits the bill on both The black/gold/brown color scheme is attractive and it looks about as good in real life as it does in pictures. There are two general classes of mechanical watches, the old school spring drive watches that ave to be regularly wound and the newer (as in 1960's or so) automatic watches that winds itself from the motion of your wrist. The back of the watch has a weighted half moon shaped winder, visible through a window, and you go about your day it rotates a half turn over and over, and that's enough to keep it wound, and if it does wind down you can give a boost with the winder. In theory if worn regularly it could go on forever but as always there's a catch--quartz watches are a magnitude of order more accurate than mechanical which is why time keeping is no longer done with mechanical watches. A ho-hum mechanical might vary 30 seconds a day, one like this seems to be about 10-15. It's got some quality feeling heft, and it is pretty interesting watching the flywheel ticking away.

So what's not to like? Well for one thing it's hard to tell time on this thing. Both the hands and watch mechanicals are brass, and the dial is very "busy" so sometimes I'm looking for a second or two trying to see where the hands are. There is a ring of fine pitched tick marks that look like they're scaled to 1/20th of a second, but they're so far away from the second hand you can't really see when they line up, and besides you're not really using a watch like this for tracking fractions of a second. The brass parts look cheap and it doesn't help that the engraving looks more like half hearted doodling, and was probably stamped in during manufacture.

So is it a good buy? For dress and showing it off, yes. For trying to make it someplace on time a cheap digital is better.
on December 25, 2015
I like this watch quite a bit. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. I like the style, and typically i'm not a big fan of gold, but I do like this watch. I only have a couple of things that I can nit pick. first, the band is on the small side in my opinion, I have decent size wrists, maybe slightly bigger than average, and the band is on the second to largest setting, making the buckle off center on the bottom of my wrist. the second is that the thickness of the watch is thicker than I expected, not a big issue, but I would have preferred something a little more slim. Overall this watch is nice, and I intend to wear it frequently. Craftsmanship and overall appearance is very nice.
on March 26, 2016
Out of the box my first impressions of this watch was that it looked and felt cheap. My $50 watch I'm replacing with this one seemed way higher in quality. It left me with a feeling of "ugh why did I spend money on this?!"
on February 8, 2015
I have had this watch for about a year and a half maybe two years and it is absolutely fantastic! Only time I had an issue is when I swung my arm really hard and the strap came undone and it flew and hit the floor. Now the glass did break and I expected the watch to be totally mess up. Not the case all the internal parts were perfectly fine which was so surprising. So I replaced the glass on the top and it still to this day functions perfectly!
on March 11, 2015
Have owned for a year. Love the beauty of the watch and it is well built. Keeps good time and the 40 hour power reserve is about right. I haven't checked timekeeping over a long period as I change it out with others, but from what I can tell it keeps very good time.
on October 23, 2014
My bf loved this watch you can see the gadjets inside move
I saw reviews that it breaks easy it's been 3 months and it works perfectly fine!
He has gotten so many compliments on it
on April 10, 2015
I love the watch it looks and feels great but after a month of wearing it, it stopped working you can rewind it but that only works for 30-60 seconds so of anyone can please help!
on November 21, 2014
Nice watch. The ladies love it and my friends love it. It make me look like a rich man. Well, i am rich. Just in spirit though!!