‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "Body friendly" and practical, December 12, 2007
This review is from: Relieve Stiffness and Feel Young Again with Undulation (Paperback)
Why do I love this book? Let me count the ways:
1) The exercises in this book are very "body friendly". If something feels uncomfortable, just continue moving without making the one move that is uncomfortable, and soon the "stuck" spot starts moving. You don't have to hurt before you feel better.
2) I also find the movements give almost instant gratification - how often do you feel better and find relief in a matter of minutes?
3) But maybe the best thing is that you don't need any special clothes or equipment, and for some exercises you don't even have to stop what you are doing to get some relief. You can make small, unobtrusive movements (like when sitting in a meeting) and feel better. Since it is so easy I find myself doing it more often.
4) I have found that undulating in bed for just a few minutes before I get up in the morning starts the day with less stiffness.

I must mention that I am paralyzed from the waist down, so I can only do some of the exercises, but it is amazing to me that small movements can have such a big impact on improving how I feel. A great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, November 7, 2007
A really masterful job. The book is not just another "artsy-fartsy / twist-and-shout" exercise book, but a real tool for becoming more flexible. I just loved how progressing through the book with just an exercise or two a week could make such a noticeable difference. This is a great book for someone who has been just a bit too sedentary and needs to regain a certain suppleness.

One of the things that attracted me to the book were the photos of real, honest-to-goodness people just like me in real clothes, moving and exercising, not preppy rail-thin models in leotards contorting themselves impossibly.

Easy to follow steps and photos that support the words make this a must for anyone seeking to feel better about themselves and regain their more youthful flexibility and ease of movement.

PS: Just loved the tips, encouragements and comments at the bottom of each exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful, new approach!, October 30, 2007
Michaela Kapilla (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico) - See all my reviews
As a yoga teacher I am always on the lookout for things that can help my students. Often students ask what they can do between classes to keep up the momentum of progress. (Or those who find that yoga is `too much' for their physical condition wonder what they can do in place of yoga.) And, of course, most don't have much free time so they want something simple that they can do at home and can easily incorporate into their daily routine.

Well, now I have something concrete that I can highly recommend: Anita Boser's Undulation. Her system is wonderful! With very little investment of time, everyone can gain a more flexible spine, more freedom of movement and greater body awareness - all of which add up to more vitality and a much improved quality of life. Anita explains very clearly just why movement is necessary to maintain (or regain) a healthy, vital body. And then she provides a unique and very enjoyable system of movements that produces results quickly and easily.

Thank you, Anita!

5.0 out of 5 stars Way To Move, November 11, 2007
My back, especially around the neck and shoulders, is so glad I read "Relieve Stiffness and Feel Young Again with Undulation." I have done many different kinds of exercises over the years, but none felt as natural and comfortable as Undulation. Undulation doesn't hurt as it helps.

Anita Boser has written a valuable book for women and men who don't want to bounce and jump or travel to a gym, but understand it is more dangerous not to exercise as we age than it is to exercise. Undulations help to develop and maintain strength and balance, two key factors in preventing falls, the number one cause of death by accident for older Americans.

For this beginner, the photos of real people with added graphic lines and arrows to emphasize the desired movement directions clearly illustrate the detailed instructions given with each undulation. I'm a verbal person, so I especially appreciate the labeled skeletal figures and glossary of terms at the back of the book. Appendix I lists exercises alphabetically; Appendix II by Application - for the hips, the neck, sitting, lying down. This makes it easy to find the undulation you're looking for without having to thumb through the whole book.

The exercises I most enjoy are the small undulating movements I can do sitting at the computer or standing when I take a break. Now, if I can only get to move like the figure on the front cover....
Harriet Vines, Ph.D. Author of "Age Smart - How to Age Well, Stay Fit and Be Happy."

5.0 out of 5 stars Cure for desk jockey back pain., November 7, 2007
Kerry Moore (Ferndale, MI USA) - See all my reviews
The undulation exercises really work to relieve the back pain I get when I have to sit at the computer for hours at a time. I never have the discipline to get up and stretch, but I can undulate, even while I work. The instructions and photographs in the book are easy to follow, and I feel a difference in as little as two minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boser's Undulation book is wonderful!!!, November 26, 2007
Leanne Haley (Johnson City, Texas) - See all my reviews
As a fibromyalgia patient who also teaches yoga, Anita's book is wonderful and gives more options to those who cannot tolerate some yoga poses. It is much easier for me to suggest modifications to my students since I have been using some of the suggestions and movements from Anita's book. The directions are easy to understand and follow. I will continue to incorporate undulations in my yoga classes and at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand for us klutzes, January 25, 2008
Linda Carlson, (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I write most of each day, and by evening I'm aching from both the posture at the keyboard AND the stress of trying to be creative. What I really appreciate about "Relieve Stiffness" is that so many of the exercises can be done right at the desk and that they make sense to those of us who have difficulty understanding exercise instructions. "Hula hoop" and "Swing" I can understand and duplicate! If I spent a few minutes each hour with an exercise like "Easy sway" or "Back and forth," I'd significantly reduce my stiffness at day's end. I'm making this a goal for 2008!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving Outside the Box, February 13, 2009
Robin L. Rothenberg (Issaquah, Washington USA) - See all my reviews
Undulation, by Anita Boser is a gift for anyone who wants to reawaken the joy of movement in their body - regardless of how stiff or tight they believe themselves to be. Undulation, as Anita instructs in her book and CDs, is easy to follow and accomodates all body types. As a Certified Yoga Therapist, I work with people with a variety of physical and physiologic challenges; from arthritis, to MS, Fibromyalgia and Parkinsons disease, and everyone of my students has benefitted from the introduction of undulation into our therapeutic yoga routines. Not only does moving in this organic, freeform way bring a renewed sense of life and vitality to the physical body, it brings a joyful smile to one's face and a twinkle to the eye. I recommend this program to other movement therapists as a safe and wonderful compliment to more traditional therapeutic modalities. Just buy it, try it - and let the joy begin!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Treatment Tool, December 21, 2007
I am a licensed massage practitioner, many of my clients come to me seeking relief from neck and back pain. I use undulation during my treatment sessions. My clients can use it as a tool to assist me with releasing deep painful muscles around their spines. I found the photos in the book showing what direction the spine is in for each movement to be very helpful. Sharon Sandin,LMP

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Resource!, November 15, 2007
Anita Boser has done a magnificent job in creating a resource that should be on everyone's bookshelf. As our population ages, we are all looking for ways to feel youthful and flexible. For those who are young and active, this book offers exercises that will help avoid sports injuries by maintaining the body's inherent ability to move freely. Ms. Boser offers a comprehensive list of easy to do stretches and movements that will help anyone, in any condition, feel better. What a wonderful contribution!
Sharon Butler, Author,
Conquering Carpal Tunnel Syndrome : And Other Repetitive Strain Injuries

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Relieve Stiffness and Feel Young Again with Undulation
Relieve Stiffness and Feel Young Again with Undulation by Anita Boser (Paperback - October 11, 2007)
Used & New from: $6.41