Almost any liberal pundit will tell you that there's a religion bent on destroying our Constitution, stripping us of our liberties, and imposing religious rule on the U.S. And that religion is . . .Christianity! About Islam, however, the Left is silent--except to claim a moral equivalence between the two: if Islam has terrorists today, that's nothing compared to the Crusades, inquisitions, and religious wars in Christianity's past.
But is this true? Are conservative Christians really more of a threat to free societies than Islamic jihadists? Is the Bible really "just as violent" as the Qur'an? Is Christianity's history really as bloodstained as Islam's? In Religion of Peace? Why Christianity Is and Islam Isn't, New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer not only refutes such charges, but also explains why Americans and Europeans must regain an appreciation of our Christian heritage if we ever hope to defeat Islamic supremacism. In this eye opening work, Spencer reveals:
* The fundamental differences between Islamic and Christian teachings about warfare against other religions: "Love your enemies" vs. "Be ruthless to the unbelievers"
* The myth of Western immorality and Islamic puritanism and why the Islamic world is less moral than the West
* Why the Islamic world has never developed the distinction between religious and secular law that is inherent in Christianity
* Why Christianity has always embraced reason--and Islam has always rejected it
* Why the most determined enemies of Western civilization may not be the jihadists at all, but the leftists who fear their churchgoing neighbors more than Islamic terrorists
* Why Jews, Christians, and peoples of other faiths (or no faith) are equally at risk from militant Islam
Spencer writes not to proselytize, but to state a fact: Christianity is a true "religion of peace," and on it Western civilization stands. If we are not to perish under Islam's religion of the sword--with its more than 100 million active jihadists seeking to impose sharia law--we had better defend our own civilization.
An outstanding book that is highly recommended reading for a good understanding of the problems that we are having with terrorism today.Published 1 month ago by Edward A. Rodgers
I've loaned this book to friends who needed to understand what the ruckus is all about in the Middle East. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Judith Sabo
I find Mr. Spencer's books exceptionally enlightening and each one has been a page turner for me. As a published Schiffer Military History author/biographer of WWII, I have spent a... Read morePublished 7 months ago by PatnCat
this puts a new perspective and understanding on the differences between these two religions. Those of us in the west need to know what we are talking about when we talk about... Read morePublished 22 months ago by Gail Mellish
Spencer is quite insane; As other reviewers have noted he simply wants to whitewash Christianity and blame Islam. Read morePublished on March 28, 2012 by Monk
The subtitle of this book really drives home how Robert Spencer imagines his audience: hopelessly stupid, poorly read, gullible Christians. Read morePublished on May 6, 2011 by Hollis Hooke
i can simple say that THE WORDS REFLECT ONE'S INNER SELF...all the false and twisted statements made bY rObert spencer to prove that islam is evil and prophet muhammad pbuh is a... Read morePublished on April 19, 2011 by Dr. Waqar Siddiqui