Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2006 11:11:47 AM PDT
Should all students of political science be required to take courses in comparative religion ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2006 1:47:11 PM PDT
C. Ho says:
I think so. I think students of leadership studies should study comparative religion as well. Everything is connected.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2007 12:24:29 AM PST
The problem is whose perspective would be taught. For ex, what passes for typical theology of Christianity in universities nowadays is a gross misrepresentation of biblical Christianity, so teaching that could end up causing more confusion that clarification. I've noticed the same thing in other anthropology/sociology/political science type courses. I remember in college there was a big whig supposed expert on Africa, one country in particular. Then after graduation when I actually was living in that African country, that professor came through the country and was clueless and a total joke. At a minimum individuals should study the major religions from their own texts and authorities and use discernment when receiving instruction from any "experts."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 11, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about