Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Most of us remember that childhood crush. That unrequited love we had for a friend's older sibling or an older sibling's friend. I know I had one or four. I've even been able to stay in touch with one or two to see how they've grown & changed.
Taycee is still crushing on Luke, her big brother's best friend from high school. Like Taycee, I have a huge problem with change. It's freaking scary!! And just like Taycee I have come to see how much change is needed, to grow and have new experiences. I related to Taycee in a hundred different ways. She's sentimental and fiercely protective over what she loves. Her world is incomplete with out Luke, but comes completely undone when he moves back to their hometown! I loved how they teased and tested each other as their relationship grew from childhood infatuation on her part to'll have to read to find out. It's so worth it! This story is filled with laugh out loud moments and some pretty good pranks. Luke is just DE-LICIOUS!! It was so interesting to see how Taycee & Luke remembered the same past in two entirely different ways. This book is a fantastic, light read. There was no bad language and very little, if any, sexual content.
on June 21, 2013
This is a very clean romance with just a bit of kissing. It felt a little young to me even though the characters are in their mid to late 20's. If not for the Bachelorette aspect, I would think I was reading a high school romance. Overall a sweet story with a happy ending. Loved the movie theater scene towards the end!
on September 7, 2012
Fun, entertaining read from start to finish. A definite must-read for anyone who loves a good, clean romantic comedy. I laughed out loud at parts of it and I loved the scene under the stars.

Taycee is forced, by her best friend, into participating in a bachelorette show on the internet in hopes of raising money for her small farming town. Worse, her old ex-crush comes back to town and is one of the bachelors. Taycee is adamant about getting him off the show and proving that she is over him. But is she?

Anderson weaves funny situations and tender moments throughout this novel and creates yet another unforgettable story with realistic, layered characters. Anderson definitely knows how to write romance.
on November 10, 2012
This is an easy read & I liked the general premise, but found the lead character Taycee's obsession with Luke to be a little hokey. He was a childhood friend of her brother & I thought that at some point we'd find out that they had actually dated when she was a teenager & he left town promising to call, but didn't. When it turned out that they never dated I thought, "Really? No guy was good enough for her for the past 10 years yet she never actually dated Luke in the past?" But according to some other reviews, evidently that has happened. I got it as an inexpensive download for my kindle so it was enjoyable but not worth buying in paperback.
on September 27, 2012
I LOVED this book. I enjoyed every minute of reading it. I loved Taycee, she is such a fun character. She is a bit of a klutz, like me, and she knows how to play pranks with the best of them. This was such a romantic story, I loved the ending, it was so touching I cried! And Luke...he is the best love interest in any of the books I've read recently, he knows how to goad Taycee into doing just what he wants her to do, and his practical jokes he played on her were hilarious! I'd have to say that this book is hands down my favorite book of any of the books that I've read this year! Thanks to Rachael Anderson for writing such a great, romantic and CLEAN book for us to enjoy.
on September 10, 2012
This book was such a fun read! I couldn't put it down!! The characters are fun and you will fall in love with them instantly! Taycee is a fun quirky girl that you will find yourself cheering for! Luke is the guy that every girl dreams about falling in love with! You will find yourself laughing, and smiling the entire time reading this. Make sure you have alot of time on your hands before you pick up this book, because you will not want to put it down!! You will want to just keep reading no matter if you can or not! All of Rachael's books are worth reading over and over again!
on September 14, 2013
This is a cute, clean romance. It's pretty fluffy, and perfect if you enjoy reality dating shows. This book is totally clean. No cussing, no sex, and no violence. The kisses that do happen are very chaste. I really loved that I could get lost in the story without having to worry about something questionable coming up.

Even though this book is written for adults, it is appropriate for anyone ages 14 and up. The main character, Taycee, spends six weeks as the bachelorette on an Internet dating show to help raise money for her town. She meets a lot of great guys, and a few not so great ones. I appreciated the focus on real love in this book, and I enjoyed the journey that the MC goes through. This was a cute romance book that I could gladly recommend to anyone that liked clean reads.
on November 2, 2015
Rachael Anderson did a great job not only flushing out the characters in The Reluctant Bachelorette, she also made you fall in love with them! I greatly enjoyed my reading escaped as I temporarily lived in the Bachelorette's world. This book is definitely a feel good romantic book, not too heavy and not too light! The perfect combination of love, laughter and a little realistic adventure.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
What a sweet funny romance!! I love the whole thing from beginning to end, It takes something that is very now, Reality dating shows, and put it into a small town setting. The story also held many elements that are very current concerning small farming communities. While it is hard to expect problem solving from a romance, this book takes on issues and gives workable solutions.

I loved Taycee from the start, even if her views of things were slightly off. It was strange she would see the others guys teasing as fun but when Luke did the same thing she thought it was baiting and mean. She was a big pushover to her friend, her brother and Luke. She found her backbone in the end, but it was a process.

Luke seems like a great guy, he is just bad at correspondence. I get it, I am totally the same, without Facebook people would never hear from me! Back to the hero, Luke is fun and sweet and everything a nice girl could want.

They have a really terrific banter and playfulness when they are together. You can see why they make a great couple. This is a totally clean romance, that means no sex. There are some really lovely kisses but things do not get to the bedroom. It is the kind of story that gives you warm fuzzies.

There is a lot of story here, and many bachelor to keep track of throughout. i really liked Jake and Miles and hoped they would have HEA of their own mixed into the story. It kinda looked like Jake might with Jessa.

This is a mixed narrative going between the lead character's POVs, although most of the beginning is Taycee. There are a could glimpses of supporting cast too. The peaks into Luke's thoughts are important for getting his motivations and understanding his feeling for Taycee.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Jennifer Reilly, who has a very smooth read. She had a great tone and pitch that really suit the story. The ladies' voices are varied and consistent, the men are kinda similar at times. She has a very stead pace to her read, I tend to like it quicker, but many will find it a perfect speed. I enjoyed her narration and would definitely try her again.

Overall this is a very sweet romance with some fun moments. This is a first read for me from Ms Anderson and I would definitely do another. She did a great job with the storytelling, great pace and plenty of twists and turns. Loads of story here to keep a gal entertained! Major Kudos.

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 8, 2012
I LOVED THIS ONE!! Rachael's best yet! Clean romance just how I love it! Best $2.99 I've spent in a long time!!
If you enjoy clean romance then you should definitely add this one to your to-read shelf now!!
Made me smile and laugh.
Never gone wrong by picking up a book by Rachael Anderson!