3.0 out of 5 stars Does What It's Supposed to Do, March 13, 2006
This review is from: Remanufactured GoVideo R6640 DVD Recorder and Player (Electronics)
You have to be practically sitting on top of it for the remote control to work. Also, it's a bit clunky and I'm always having to consult the instructions because I can't remember what button to push when. However the recording is not bad and DVD's made on it can play on other DVD players so I don't regret buying it. I will, however, look at other companies when I decide to upgrade.

3.0 out of 5 stars So / So not a very reliable machine, but not very expensive either... ???, June 14, 2006
dj blü "blu206" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I got this unit last december from overstock.cm - as a refurbished clearance item - for under 90 bucks.

It worked great for about a month , but then, and now , once it is 'warmed up' after a couple of hours use, it somehow digitizes my s-video input / output , making a very 'jerky' picture. Powering unit off and on again fixes the problem temporarily. Recordings on the timer are iffy and - i think results are almost always quite dependent on the blank media you use, I got very cheap dvd-r's and dvd-rw's from neweggg.cm and both work efficiently.

You get what you pay for in this case.