5.0 out of 5 stars Remember the Day (1941)...
Published on April 9, 2012 by D. S. HARDEN

3.0 out of 5 stars Remember the Day
This cd tells a story about a teachers career living in a small town. The ups and downs in her life until her retirement. It also follows the life of one of her students who becomes a aspiring political candidate. The book arrive promptly.
Published 11 months ago by busy life

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember the Day (1941)..., April 9, 2012
This review is from: Remember the Day (1941) (DVD)
This movie has entered the rotation on my cable system (Time-Warner) and I've seen this excellent movie from 1941 for the second time (today, 04/09/2012). Sentimental in nature, it basically deals with Claudette Colbert's character recalling events prior to World War I as a young teacher, the life she led, and the love that she had - and lost due to that terrible conflict. Also, there is a focus on a particular young student that had a terrible crush on her at that time - who now was a candidate running for President.

Personally, any movie that Ms. Colbert did during the 30's into the early 40's is good enough for me (by default)!

Of course, the best part of the movie was the ending - with the candidate/former student looking up at two of the most important women in his life. Take heed, you might just feel a little something that takes you back...to YOUR school days!

See the movie for yourself!

I rate "Remember the Day (1941)"...Five stars!

P.S., At this time (04/09/2012), this movie is unavailable on Amazon (or anywhere that I can tell) - so be patient...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sentimental & Schmaltzy - but I love it!, March 23, 2013
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
I can't imagine a film like Remember the Day being produced today. It's very sentimental, which doesn't appeal to today's audiences. However, because of the sentiment, it does appeal to me. Claudette Colbert is very good in this film; John Payne is handsome and proved that he could act when given a good part. In just about every Playbill bio I've ever read about John Payne, he had listed this as one of his favorite films (Miracle on 34th Street being another one on his list). He's wonderful in the scene at the bandstand, when he's about to go off to war. Chokes me up every time.

I've had a bad, taped from TV VHS tape of this film for years because it was never available on VHS or DVD (until now). Part of the Fox Cinema Archives series, it's strictly "bare bones" - no chapters, no fancy inserts, no extras of any type - just the movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember the Day When movies were Fantastic, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
I purchased this DVD as I love Claudette Colbert and I have to say I was not disappointed. Claudette is amazing in this role and she ages 50 years throught the movie. It is definitely a good story about love and loss and if you ever had a crush on a teacher when you were younger, you will definitely hold "Remember the Day" in your heart. A good wholesome movie for those who are tired of the trash they put out today.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Motion Picture For Every Day, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
I saw this movie in 1941 in Union City, NJ when I was 11 at the local theater called THE STRAND. 70 years later I can tell you you that I know the story so well that it seems that time has stood still. A great movie, great acting, & such a moving story. Having lost two young uncles later in the war I can relate to the loss and the wonderful ending vividly. Don't make them like this anymore, and it's a shame. If this movie doesn't make you feel pain, loss, and joy - all I can say, try it again.AMAZON has the best price of current sellers of this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A FORGOTTEN GEM OF A MOVIE!, September 13, 2013
RANDEL (BOYNTON BEACH, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
I had never heard of this film and bought it largely on the recommendation of other Amazon customers. After watching it, I was astounded that it is not better known. But it is such a perfect, seamless little gem and so faultlessly directed and paced, I can understand why movie-goers and critics at the time probably simply took it for granted. It is precisely what a good movie is supposed to be: engaging, amusing and completely satisfying. The cinematic equivalent of a really rich cup of hot chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars When I fell in love with Miss Colbert., January 17, 2014
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
I am 83 years old. I saw this movie back in the 1940's, with a little girl that lived across the street, from me. Well, I fell in love, with Miss Colbert. The movie stayed in my mind, thru the years. One night, I was. watching the TCM channel and they were showing "Remember the night", with Clark Gable and miss Colbert. I thought, maybe they might have "Remember the day". They did, so I purchased it. It was GREAT! It brought back so many great memories. WOW!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great movie and warm hearted, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
I have enjoyed this movie since I was a child. It use to be on TV all the time, but has not been on for years and years. So glad it is on DVD now I can now enjoy it when ever I want to. It such a heart warming story. Wish live were somewhat like then. It is good to see love, friendship and people who care about each other so meaningful. So go out and purchase a great movie and enjoy times when live seemed not so crazy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Remember the Day, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember the day to me is just that REMEMBERING WHAT THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED ON HARD WORK & A GOOD EDUCATION!, November 29, 2014
Chazermann26 (SAINT PAUL, MINNESOTA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
When I first saw this movie it was on a TV matinee that showed Classic movies during the day! Claudette Colbert in my young opinion was a right beautiful woman! She was a great actress & her role in this movie was that of a teacher in a small town in turn of the century AMERICA! I saw in her role some of the teachers who unfortunately tought me except with out the results of one of her students running for PRESIDENT! It showed me then anyone go grow up to be president with a good education & a good work ethic!
The movie shows the old teachings by which the AMERICAN people prospered in the so called good old days! For a look back in time at people's prejudice to certain things was interesting indeed! How it was a scandal for two grown ups to have a vacation together & how that it reflected on the morals of the school they both worked for! THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIES ITS A GREAT FAMILY MOVIE!
The morals when I was growing up were almost the same shown in the movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Old Movie, June 23, 2014
Bob's Wife (Canton, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remember the Day (DVD)
We love Claudette Colbert, and we were not disappointed in this movie. Very sentimental and heartwarming. We've watched it several times already.

Remember the Day
Remember the Day by Henry King (DVD - 2013)
$19.98 $13.49
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.